JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OFFICIAL: Dallas hospital isolates ebola patient

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3486 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The CDC, they're are a joke.  Panic will set in.   The family in that apartment were given food and supplies, the food and supplies dropped by people like the Red Cross, and other individual organizations.   Am sure the family will soon be showing signs, especially his wife who was helping him out in that bed of theirs.   Anyway, today I saw that they removed the family to another location, and the Hazmat people went in to clean out the place.   The husband who brought this over had to know this was contagious, he didn't care and knew there was a ban in the country he was in to fly out.  He lied on his application, and came on board 2 or 3 flights before landing in Texas.  That plane should be detoxed and the authorities are doing what they can to find the people he came in contact with.  The person in Hawaii, am not sure if he or she was in contact with the man with the Ebola.  Whatever the case maybe, its here, and it will spread out.   Our job is to keep preaching the good news about Jehovah's Government.  If I keep dwelling on this disease and all the other nutty things that Satan has going on worldwide, I'll lose my joy and place.   I expect these things to happen and get worse day by day.  Means we are closer and closer to the end of Satanic along with human ruler ships, madmen, madwomen, madchildren, mad world! 

It's scary and we need to pay attention and be alert to the news but we know it will quickly get worse right before the conclusion...so we know we are close. Stay strong and keep washing hands and try to do your best.

I know that people are already thinking of panic because they had Dr. Phil make a statement that they needed to give us all information to care for their needs. I really wonder why Obama doesn't close the flights off...it is strange.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ebola-virus-investigation-finds-hawaii-patient-doesnt-meet-criteria/

The patient in Honolulu, Hawaii was ruled out but another person in Utah is being quarantined! Wow trade up from one state to another...Not good...I wonder if these are people the guy in Texas had contact with at the airport or on an airplane?!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

The thing is, if it takes up to 21 days to show symptoms, there could already be thousands infected. Not trying to scare anyone, but im doing the math, if one person infects say 50 (i think it could be a lot more in 21 days), and those 50 infect 50, and each one takes 21 days to exhibit symptoms, half the world could already be infected and not know it! So, once the infection gets out of control, people will start thinking about sanitation and cleanliness, but it could be too late for them at that point. But we can have an upper hand no matter what happens, by being clean now. "Cleanliness, it seems, can make the difference between life and death.":

Cleanliness—Why Is It Important?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008883?q=cleanliness&p=par

Edited by User_123

The incubation period is UP TO 21 days, sometimes shorter. The patient is not contagious until symptoms appear after the incubation period. This is a problem in West Africa because one of the first symptoms is fever and sweating. those are also the first symptoms of other diseases endemic to West Africa like Malaria. Another symptom early in the progression of the disease is aches. In the U.S. at this time of year the most common cause of both fever and aches is the common cold, but instead of sweat you get the chills. It is starting to cool off here in Texas so someone here with fever, aches AND sweating should start to stand out more and more as the weather gets cooler.

Just curious if anyone knows what exactly kills this disease? Will alcohol or would it be only bleach? Just wondering for future reference, we should be prepared to have what is needed to clean the surfaces and our hands and arms, don't forget arms. At our hall they have a hand sanitizer set up at the front door to use as you enter and leave...but does the hand sanitizer with alcohol work on this because the brothers set up bleach cleaning stations in Africa?

Got this from the CDC website:

If you travel to or are in an area affected by an Ebola outbreak, make sure to do the following:

Practice careful hygiene. For example, wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer and avoid contact with blood and body fluids.

Do not handle items that may have come in contact with an infected person’s blood or body fluids (such as clothes, bedding, needles, and medical equipment).

Avoid funeral or burial rituals that require handling the body of someone who has died from Ebola.

Avoid contact with bats and nonhuman primates or blood, fluids, and raw meat prepared from these animals.

Avoid hospitals where Ebola patients are being treated. The U.S. embassy or consulate is often able to provide advice on facilities.

After you return, monitor your health for 21 days and seek medical care immediately if you develop symptoms of Ebola.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

We had two sisters visiting from another congregation today at our meeting.  After wards we were all going up to say hi to them as we have not seen them in a while.  Anyway, they refused to hug us or shake our hands, and their reason was "you could have Ebola"

Panic is setting in.  Reminds me of the AIDS epidemic in the 1980's, people were afraid to touch people or hugs ones cause of AIDS.

We had two sisters visiting from another congregation today at our meeting.  After wards we were all going up to say hi to them as we have not seen them in a while.  Anyway, they refused to hug us or shake our hands, and their reason was "you could have Ebola"

Panic is setting in.  Reminds me of the AIDS epidemic in the 1980's, people were afraid to touch people or hugs ones cause of AIDS.

Exactly!

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Well there is always the kissing your own hand and tilting it in their direction. Lol

It would be better if the kids did not hug and kiss so much really because of the colds that go around so easily all year it could help. Sad though but it is smart during cold and flu season. There are many brothers and sisters that will haul their sick kids to the hall with fever and then they will sit and cough and have runny nose...sometimes it is irritating cause I'm careful and I really never want to get any of the older ones in my hall sick. Just my opinion.

The guy from Texas with Ebola just died today :(

My prayers go out to anyone effected with this terrible virus.

That black horse is Galloping borthers and sisters.

More Pestilence and woe on this earth.

http://dtolar.wordpress.com/2014/10/01/ebola-a-nurses-perspective/  This came up on a friends wall.  It is frank and based on what I know, I believe it to be an accurate summation of the events. 

Oh, one note of error --- http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/410301  

And still they take no note....  

Edited by cerebral ecstasy

I send my symphathy to his family and all whom may be affected by his passing.

I also think he knew he had caught the virus. He then came to Texas for treatment.

People know of the doctor and nurse who caught the virus while in africa that came back to the USA and got treated and lived. From that the USA can have more come here seeking treatment. While seeking treatment they spread the virus and then we will have an outbreak of the virus here too. Just my thoughts.

Proverbs 27:11- Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, So that I can make a reply to him that taunts me.

The guy from Texas with Ebola just died today :(

My prayers go out to anyone effected with this terrible virus.

That black horse is Galloping borthers and sisters.

More Pestilence and woe on this earth.

...   and so is the Pale horse.

And this is what I felt about the germ transmission, this is why the professionals are sterilizing and using barrier methods they do not use for any other virus. Surfaces do carry this virus for up to 4 days according to the nurse article, this means that there is enumerable amounts of people that have already been exposed to this Ebola patient.

Another problem is this Enterovirus for children, they say this is also fatal for some and they are saying they have trouble breathing and some have experienced paralysis in limbs...we are truly seeing the results of Satan's system and they are horrible who would not want to take Jehovah's side?

I just read that Mr. Duncan passed away today.  He will be cremated.  His girlfriend has a lot of questions on how the hospital treated him in the first place.  I see a lawsuit coming.   And yes, the Sheriff went into the hospital today, he has a fever but that is all for now as reported by the media and the Tx news. 

One of my elders is at Bethel right now.  My daughter was visiting his wife tonight and he called.  He said they were told we have lost 11 brothers/sisters from Ebola in Liberia.

Keep the families in your prayers.

I can't tell you how many times i've gone to the hall and hugged a sister or shaken a brothers hand (after he first extends it) then to ask: How are you doing tonight? Just for them to say: "I think I'm getting sick". Nothing makes me madder! If you think you are getting sick - stay home! Use the telephone tie-in or call a friend afterwards and get the meeting highlights. Practically our whole congregation is sick now because of these type of actions by a few. Brotherly love includes watching out for others too and sometimes we forget that in our fervor to never is a meeting. I'm sure the brothers and sisters in Liberia are learning this lesson the hard way but we should practice it more often here too.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Good reason for pet owners to STOP kissing their pets :kisscheek:  (Unless "the kiss" is worth the risk   :lol1:)

How did this outbreak start?

It probably started with a 2-year old patient in a village in Guinea. The toddler died December 6, 2013, according to a report published in The New England Journal of Medicine. Scientists don't know how the toddler got it, but it can spread from animals to humans through infected bodily fluids. It has been spread through infected chimps, gorillas, monkeys, fruit bats, porcupines, and forest antelope, according to the World Health Organization.

Is that why Spanish officials euthanized an Ebola patient's dog?

Health officials in Madrid were concerned that the dog, Excalibur, might carry the virus because its owner -- a nurse's aide who treated an Ebola patient in Spain -- was diagnosed with the disease.

Should I worry about my own dog?

There were a number of questions posted to #CDCchat from people worried about their dogs and Ebola. Studies on a dog-to-human transmission of the virus are not conclusive. In the 2001-2002 outbreak in Gabon, scientists found signs of the virus in 25% of the dogs living near the outbreak. The animals were not symptomatic, nor did they die during the time the scientists were studying them.

"The only conclusion that may be safely drawn from this study is that the animals encountered Ebola virus (and their immune systems responded)," Margaret H. Gilbert, a clinical veterinarian and assistant professor of medicine at Tulane National Primate Research Center, wrote in an email to CNN. "Whether or not dogs shed Ebola once their immune systems encounter it remains to be seen."

"Asymptomatically infected dogs could be a potential source of human Ebola outbreaks," scientists who studied the 2001 outbreak wrote.

The CDC is working with the American Veterinary Medical Association and the U.S. Department of Agriculture to develop guidance for the U.S. pet population, but the CDC assures us the likelihood that U.S. pets will pass Ebola on to Americans is very slim.

What if I have a cat?

The Ebola virus has been found in other animals, but to date there have been no documented infections in cats. So yours should be fine.

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I can't tell you how many times i've gone to the hall and hugged a sister or shaken a brothers hand (after he first extends it) then to ask: How are you doing tonight? Just for them to say: "I think I'm getting sick". Nothing makes me madder! If you think you are getting sick - stay home! Use the telephone tie-in or call a friend afterwards and get the meeting highlights. Practically our whole congregation is sick now because of these type of actions by a few. Brotherly love includes watching out for others too and sometimes we forget that in our fervor to never is a meeting. I'm sure the brothers and sisters in Liberia are learning this lesson the hard way but we should practice it more often here too.

How would you define sick? As a father to two little kids I would pretty much never be at the meeting the entire winter if I was to never go when feeling sick. Winter is just snot and sneeze time the entire time. Of course Vomiting is a stay at home for at 48 hours after last time you were sick.

Where is the line drawn?

Edited by Mykyl