JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3471 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Nook and amazon tablets, altough android, have no access to the normal google play store but to its own (a stripped down version plus their media content) . That's their philosophy because they supposedly sell the tablets cheaper expecting to gain from content sold on their store

There's a workaround for this devices to access the full google store but that envolves rooting your tablet (something not easy for the regular user)

I have a Nook HD, and got JW Library from the Google Play store without any problem.  Also continue to get updates for that.

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

I have a Nook HD, and got JW Library from the Google Play store without any problem. Also continue to get updates for that.

Ah, ok...

Then try to install this file (it's the apk for the app)

But first go to settings, security and allow installation of unknown app's

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz7b6-LV_l5cVFdnLWNVQjNhTEwxUHBmbFlHNWV1WkVHdjRz/edit?usp=docslist_api

Julsey, now, I don't know even know if Nook has a slot for memory card, but which size is yours? If you can install the app, it must mean there is perhaps enough space for the app itself. But is it with downloading additional languages you're having problems with? Because then lack of free storage could be a problem. The Android system will also need some memory to run so you can't use ALL of the available space on the device either.

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

And oh, if you could reproduce the exact error/tell us what does it say, so perhaps troubleshooting could start in earnest? *insert wildly shooting smiley here which I can't do while mobile-JWTalking, haw-haw*

Do you keep your device switched on r when was the last time you have rebooted it?

Ah, ok...

Then try to install this file (it's the apk for the app)

But first go to settings, security and allow installation of unknown app's

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bz7b6-LV_l5cVFdnLWNVQjNhTEwxUHBmbFlHNWV1WkVHdjRz/edit?usp=docslist_api

I don't have anything under security that gives me that option.  Thanks for trying, Joao!  :)

Julsey, now, I don't know even know if Nook has a slot for memory card, but which size is yours? If you can install the app, it must mean there is perhaps enough space for the app itself. But is it with downloading additional languages you're having problems with? Because then lack of free storage could be a problem. The Android system will also need some memory to run so you can't use ALL of the available space on the device either.

No, no memory card.

And oh, if you could reproduce the exact error/tell us what does it say, so perhaps troubleshooting could start in earnest? *insert wildly shooting smiley here which I can't do while mobile-JWTalking, haw-haw*

Do you keep your device switched on r when was the last time you have rebooted it?

Right now, it says, "This app is incompatible with your device."  It has also said, "Your device isn't compatible with this version."  Oh, well...It's not as if I don't have other things to keep me occupied.  I was just hoping...

Thanks, everyone, for trying to help.  :)

Edited by Julsey

Can you check the Android version your tablet is using? Could be it is 2.x series and JW Library might require Android 4.x? Just guessing, though.

Edit: Found this => https://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/message/9238?forceNoRedirect=true

Edit 2: Perhaps someone would need the inform the developers--of course more difficult when it is an official app from the Organisation--so they would double-check if your version of Nook is supported

Edited by LoneWanderer

I have the same problem as Sallyforth but when I swipe form the bottom to display the play options below the play button is shows "The Very Best of Rob Orbison" which is in my music collection. No sound though. Can anyone help me here?

Look for something similar to this:

begepehe.jpg

Have you tried to install the apk? Just click on the file after download

Hey, Joao - I don't get a screen that gives me the option of 'unknown sources,' so afraid it's a moot point, lol.  Thanks, though.  I will wait to see if the brothers can get it sorted out.  :)

Hey, Joao - I don't get a screen that gives me the option of 'unknown sources,' so afraid it's a moot point, lol. Thanks, though. I will wait to see if the brothers can get it sorted out. :)

Ok, I want give up trying to help you just yet ;)

See if you are able to follow this procedure:

http://www.typographicalera.com/installing-apps-from-unknown-sources-on-the-nook-hd/

Otherwise, you'll have to wait indeed :)

Ok, I want give up trying to help you just yet ;)

See if you are able to follow this procedure:

http://www.typographicalera.com/installing-apps-from-unknown-sources-on-the-nook-hd/

Otherwise, you'll have to wait indeed :)

Interesting...And I have just found the SD slot.  Doh!  ;) I don't have an SD card at the moment, though, so it will have to wait, but I will definitely keep this bit of info on hand, Joao.  Thanks for not giving up on me!  :)

Sad.:( It's been a couple of weeks and the app still isn't compatible with my phone. I sent a message through JW.org about it but nothing's good happened so far. Just gotta be patient and wait, but if it's still like this by November I'll send them a message again just in case.

Sad. :( It's been a couple of weeks and the app still isn't compatible with my phone. I sent a message through JW.org about it but nothing's good happened so far. Just gotta be patient and wait, but if it's still like this by November I'll send them a message again just in case.

If your phone is an Android, it should work. It depends more on the operating system then it does the hardware, Have you tried the fix that has worked for many, changing the primary language to English temporarily? If it is already English, which it probably is from your location, try a complete uninstall and then re-download a new copy and try the install. 

Edited by Musky

If your phone is an Android, it should work. It depends more on the operating system then it does the hardware, Have you tried the fix that has worked for many, changing the primary language to English temporarily? If it is already English, which it probably is from your location, try a complete uninstall and then re-download a new copy and try the install.

My primary language is already English and I have the latest software version of Android, 4.0.4

Before you uninstall the app, go into app management and find the JW Language app's settings and delete all data and cached files. Then uninstall the app and re-download it and try a new install.

I have to go to meeting now, so hopefully someone else can help. 

Edited by Musky

Before you uninstall the app, go into app management and find the JW Language app's settings and delete all data and cached files. Then uninstall the app and re-download it and try a new install.

I have to go to meeting now, so hopefully someone else can help.

I can't download the app at all, it says it's incompatible with my phone on Google Play. I think you got my problem confused with another :/ Thanks for the help anyway, enjoy your meeting :)