JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3470 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I wish that I could get jwlanguage on my mac at home. I don't have a tablet. I do have a cell phone and I can pull everything up on it but I still wish I could learn from my mac at home.

I don't have an Apple product, but I know friends that have followed the directions here and can run iPad apps on a MAC. Might be worth a try?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/iosapps/how-run-ipad-iphone-apps-on-mac-or-windows-pc-3512222/

I wish that I could get jwlanguage on my mac at home. I don't have a tablet. I do have a cell phone and I can pull everything up on it but I still wish I could learn from my mac at home.

Chuck gave a nice idea  ...   isn't the OS X Yosemite update later this month supposed to tie in with iOS? 

Really would love to download this (I'm learning Chinese and Spanish so it'll be such a blessing) but it's not compatible with my phone, at least not yet. I have an LG motion smartphone. Guess I'll have to borrow my moms tablet to use it.

It works fine for me on my iPad. :thumbsup:

However, I tried to set up on my husband's iPad and even though we have the same operating system (8.0.2) and he has lots of space on his, it will not play the sound. :shrugs:

I tried deleting and reinstalling it twice, but still, though the secondary languages download and appear (it took about 15 minutes to download each), still, no sound.

I just don't see any difference between my system and his. Any ideas as to why his won't work? :cry:

However, I tried to set up on my husband's iPad and even though we have the same operating system (8.0.2) and he has lots of space on his, it will not play the sound. :shrugs:

I tried deleting and reinstalling it twice, but still, though the secondary languages download and appear (it took about 15 minutes to download each), still, no sound.

I just don't see any difference between my system and his. Any ideas as to why his won't work? :cry:

Is the round button on the side in the mute position? ( on mine it shows orange if it's muted)

Hi Deb,

Nope. That's not it because I can play back other videos and music and hear the sound. I just can't hear any of the sounds on this particular app.

But thanks for the suggestion. A lot of times it's the simple things we overlook!

Yesterday, finally, i could download and sucessful install this app into my Android device....

I needed to change the main language of my device to English to be able to do so...

Right now, i am learning French and developing my English skills... ( And by the way, tomorrow, i will start my first Bible study in English)

Two things to check

First under settings on an iPad, go to safari and delete cookies and history

Second under settings on an iPad, go to sound and make sure your settings are as high as you want on playback of audio or video

Had already deleted both cookies and history but will try again anyway.

However, if that doesn't work again, decided I will just fill in the form on our official website under the JW Language App section. Didn't notice it before but I guess that is how they will know for sure what the glitches are!

Thanks!

I used the language app for our family study today - practising Italian and learning Japanese.  My daughter is interested in all things Japanese - how easy is it to do our study!  We also streamed some programs from tv.jw.org.  A lovely interactive time together.  Thanks to Jehovah and the sure direction from the faithful slave :D

Maybe its a "soft mute" sometimes that happens and it just mutes apps. Try this:

In order to fix this, you need to follow the instructions below

• Double tap the home button
  • Swipe from left to right
  • Tap the speaker icon to the far left
  • It should show “Mute Off” below the play button

Hope that helps.. :)

:help:It's frustrating. tried several times to install, but can't get past choose yor primary language. I have Asus memopad 7. Free memory 9,86 mb,

Marijke werkt het al, zet anders je toestel taal op engels en draai de app, daarna kun je de taal weer nederlands zetten

Maar wellicht heb je dat al gedaan en werkt hij al

Veel plezier ermee het is geweldig

Already had an update for the app - d/l it last night .... not sure what it fixed/added since the update description says

* Resolved issue for users with device locale set to an unsupported language
* Other minor issues.

Just what the "minor issues" are/were I don't know.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Still can't get it on my Nook.  :(

Doesn't work on every device yet especially not for every Nook & Granny :upsidedown::whistling::praying:   Get a good tablet -part machine - part human - an android :thumbsup: ( Mr. Data - Next Generation ) they only break down part of the time - trouble is to find out which part -machine or human ( your the human ) :uhhuh:

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

It is an Android device, so I'm not sure what the problem is.  Just hoping the brothers will be able to sort it out as I can't afford any more gadgets right now!

If it's an Android, you should be able to download it. What type of problem do you encounter?

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

If it's an Android, you should be able to download it. What type of problem do you encounter?

It is an Android device, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Just hoping the brothers will be able to sort it out as I can't afford any more gadgets right now!

Nook and amazon tablets, altough android, have no access to the normal google play store but to its own (a stripped down version plus their media content) . That's their philosophy because they supposedly sell the tablets cheaper expecting to gain from content sold on their store

There's a workaround for this devices to access the full google store but that envolves rooting your tablet (something not easy for the regular user)