JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Houston Demands Pastors Turn Over Sermons

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3470 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Tongue was f

Correction, should read:

Ya that could get interesting to say the least. Being we already have won many battles in the supreme court over this it should be easy to squash this one. Its most likely just some bigot in the town fathers that thinks SHE can throw his weight around.

But does that make it the town Mothers. Or she may be the dominant female in her relationship with her "wife". Does that continue to make it Fathers or is it still improper? I get so confused when it comes to political correctness.

Tongue was planted firmly with in my cheek my Brother. Hope your headache goes away soon :peace:

Originally posted by Greg Dent

.....I don't knit pick like that.....

Oh, sometimes I allow myself to nit pick...

Based on the expression being about picking nits out of hair.

I wonder if we should have an educational thread about expressions and spelling?

Hey, check these out!  Isn't it wild!   All sorts of things will lead up to the G.T. and the attack on religions.  

(Fox News/Oct 19, 2014)

TODD STARNES: City eyes jail for clergy who won’t perform gay nuptials
- VIDEO: Ministers told to perform same-sex weddings icon-video.gif
- VIDEO: Ministers face jail for balking at same-sex marriage icon-video.gif

Hey, check these out!  Isn't it wild!   All sorts of things will lead up to the G.T. and the attack on religions.  

(Fox News/Oct 19, 2014)

TODD STARNES: City eyes jail for clergy who won’t perform gay nuptials

- VIDEO: Ministers told to perform same-sex weddings icon-video.gif

- VIDEO: Ministers face jail for balking at same-sex marriage icon-video.gif

This is what they get for making a profit out of their ministry, eh?

But the chapel is also registered as a for-profit business – not as a church or place of worship – and city officials said that means the owners must comply with a local nondiscrimination ordinance.

EDIT - it seems fox news isn't highlighting that part, but instead trying to make this sound like a case of forcing a minister to perform a same sex marriage - rather than what it is REALLY about - a for-profit business being told they cannot discriminate.

Interesting how FOX news likes to twist things in a pro-conservative manner.

Personally, I hope the City wins this one - and all these ministers that have made a profit making business out of the word of God get shown for who they really are - greedy, non-god fearing individuals. 

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

EDIT - it seems fox news isn't highlighting that part, but instead trying to make this sound like a case of forcing a minister to perform a same sex marriage - rather than what it is REALLY about - a for-profit business being told they cannot discriminate.

Personally, I hope the City wins this one - and all these ministers that have made a profit making business out of the word of God get shown for who they really are - greedy, non-god fearing individuals. 

Seems like this has happened before ... somewhere long, long ago .... far, far away from here ....

Oh Yes, here it is:

(Matthew 21:13) . . .“It is written, ‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it a cave of robbers.. . .

(Mark 11:17) . . .‘My house will be called a house of prayer for all the nations’? But you have made it a cave of robbers.”

(John 2:16) . . .“Take these things away from here! Stop making the house of my Father a house of commerce!”

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I believe Fox News, leans toward the Catholic Church, I think they have a priest who shows up on their morning show from time to time dicussing things like the above issues, I think he may have been on when the Pope had that meeting with his cardinals and bishops, about being more flexible with homosexuals and and allowing them a place in the church.  And they are very "pro active GOP" , so your right on the money trottigy!  I no longer can get their channel and I don't miss them.  The host (I forgot his name) at night, thinks he's so smart! 

Oh, sometimes I allow myself to nit pick...

Based on the expression being about picking nits out of hair.

I wonder if we should have an educational thread about expressions and spelling?

Nope i is out of skool and you ain't lerning me no more things into my thinker.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)