JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

16 Personalities

It's a "generalization" of who you perceive yourself as.....shoot I perceive my self image as I was at 23 ...(my wife tells my daughter never marry for looks because "well....look at your dad now")

Fun stuff to gauge not measure one self...it will can change based on your mood and state of mind... I can be a introvert when i prepare a meeting assignment and an extrovert while/after the meeting assignment

The result for my second and third said that I am INFJ!!! How come it change?

Personality traits can change depending on your environment — such as who you are with, stress factors, etc. But, you will generally have a dominant personality type.

It's true!! Then, how to find my dominant one?

The easiest way is to just take the test multiple times. Leave a few weeks between tests, and see if you can find other web sites that allow you to take the Myers Briggs test for free. Hopefully they will use different question sets so you don't get used to the same questions.

Like IQ tests, it's probably better if you do an assessment that's designed for your country/culture. I'm in Australia and I've noticed a slight difference between American tests and Australian ones.

I wish I had a personality. :(

Oh you have a personality Christopher ....don't kid yourself. Your funny , smart, quick wit to name just a few but most of all you have a deep love for Jehovah ......so don't sell yourself short. Who cares at the end of the day when we strive to put on our a Christ like personality it's the better choice . Thankfully the new system will help us perfect that personality.

Edited by Miss Mouse

OK, I took the test again - this time I was INFJ.  Went on another  site  and took the test (had more questions).  Said I was INFJ.  So I guess I'm usually an INFJ personality, but sometimes the INFP one emerges.   :wacko: 

"Life can be understood by looking back but it must be lived by looking ahead".

A former company I worked for decided that it would be a good idea if we all took personality testing.

Supposedly this would enable us to to have better relations  with each other, the customers and our employees.

Out of six field superintendents only one of us elected to take the test,

"After all,"  he said "the results are confidential."

The rest of us thought "What great way to butter up to management."

Two weeks later we were supposed to get our annual bonus.

We knew there was a problem when our tested one asked  if they were passing out bonuses this year.

The silence in the room was deafening.

We had just pocketed our bonuses.  

He cursed (unusual for him) 'I knew I shouldn't have taken that blankety blank test !!"

He was dismissed 2 weeks later.

Management must have had bad test results when they took the test, they got into disagreements, sold the company helicopter, and closed the doors within in a year.

So feel free to bare your personalities to me, I am sure it will assist me in getting along with you.

The big advantage is, I will know who you are, but you won't know me!  :bouncing:

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I love who I tested to be. I'm dependable, loyal and honest. I will do what you ask and fulfill it as I am asked. So  Jerry, want me on your team? Oh wait, what did you test to be your strong points??

I do have to admit that 10 years ago I would have tested differently. As some have said we change. And I can tell you that essentially I am the same nurturing/home body I was 10 years ago but now I have an edge. I have become more careful, less trusting and carry more scars.

But at a base level I desire everyone to just be quiet and get along!!!

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Be careful everyone Jerry is going to fire us and sell our helicopter. :lol1:

No sweat my brother. I have no fear in letting my brothers and sisters know me. :wave:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 4 months later...

These 16 personality types came from the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator. I took a graduate course in personality styles and that was one of the "instruments" we used as well as the Kolb and several others.  I can probably still dig up the paper I wrote for that course.  MBTI has pretty much fallen out of favor for professional use. However,my educ. department used it on us  (teachers) a year or so ago. Wiki Quote:  "Some studies have found strong support for construct validityinternal consistency, and test-retest reliability, although variation was observed.[61][62] However, some academic psychologists have criticized the MBTI instrument, claiming that it "lacks convincing validity data",[33][40][41][63] while some studies have shown the statistical validity and reliability to be low.[38][41][64] Studies suggest that the MBTI is not a useful predictor of job performance.[38][43][65]I do try to use a variety of learning methods with my students by writing material that is not at all like textbooks (which I don't use at all). MBTI is more amusing than the quizzes on FB.

• 2 weeks later...

I am an INFP too Donna :)

The "diplomat" title goes with being a middle child. As such you become the mediator between siblings and keep doing the same with others as you grow up.

INFP personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better. While they may be perceived as calm, reserved, or even shy, INFPs have an inner flame and passion that can truly shine. Comprising just 4% of the population, the risk of feeling misunderstood is unfortunately high for the INFP personality type - but when they find like-minded people to spend their time with, the harmony they feel will be a fountain of joy and inspiration.

Strength and weaknesses: http://www.16personalities.com/infp-strengths-and-weaknesses

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to look at with these tests is the percentage inclination toward a specific trait.  For instance, if someone is 70% inclined toward introversion, they are very much set in that trait and unlikely to show a different result depending on the day.  However, if they are only 5% inclined toward Perceiving, then the answers they have given to the P/J questions have been mixed, and the are only slightly tilted in favour of the P.  That would mean that if they did the test again (or another similar test) and answered one or two of those questions differently (because they felt differently on the day) then the result may come out different.

So as an example - the first time I did the test my results were - Introverted: 74%, Intuitive: 39%, Feeling: 5%, Judging: 20%

I've done the same test or other tests probably 10 times since.  8/10 times I get INFJ, which means that's a pretty solid pattern.  But on a couple of occasions, because the Thinking/Feeling and to a lesser degree Judging/Perceiving percentages are not so pronounced, I get a slightly different result.  And interestingly, when I read the description of the different profile, I see parts of myself in that too.

So what does it all mean?  Well, these tests break down 6 billion people into 16 basic personality profiles (which is hilarious when you think about it).  But that doesn't mean that everyone is equally inclined to all the traits within the profile.  It just gives an indication of how our personality is inclined - what our innate tendencies are.  For ones who are getting different results every time they do the test, it's probably an indication of a good balance between one side of a trait and another.  Neither is dominant. 

See http://www.16personalities.com/articles/strength-of-individual-traits  and http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JungType.htm

Anyway, its all interesting and can teach us a bit about how we are 'wired', which can be very helpful.  But like all social science, its based on human wisdom, and as such is not exact.

Edited by Jexter

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof
is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- from 'Mostly Harmless' by Douglas Adams  :loopy:

Anyway, its all interesting and can teach us a bit about how we are 'wired', which can be very helpful.  But like all social science, its based on human wisdom, and as such is not exact.

Thank you for that "easy to understand" explanation. It is not that easy but easier than most web pages I read :)

I am into things that explains how people function but you said it so well: it is still based on human wisdom.

Cannot wait for the time when it will be possible to fully understand about human being and our behavior.

Last year we did this inventory in school (as teachers) and charted it. Mine came out as a single point, which would mean evenly functioning on all categories, although I do seem to be more extraverted/extroverted (pick your fave spelling.) When I studied this in grad school, the idea was to even out our tendencies and become more balanced in each of the sub-categories. Professionally speaking, the 16 personalities are the next thing to 12 horoscope signs.