JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Hillary: 'Religious Beliefs' Must Change

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3287 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

From more complete articles on the subject, what I gather is that she's saying that politicians should stop using religious beliefs to create and enforce quasi-theocratic laws, not that the religions themselves have to change.

In any case, this is just more political grandstanding with no meaningful message, just like every other election. In the lead-up to the election she's claiming to be "different" enough to gain the votes of whichever group is the largest, but if she actually wins she'll just be another face on the same old presidency, passing the same laws and pushing the same agenda.

Edited by Stavro

I don't know Stavro, this is in quotes “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century

In countries that have such issues, including the US, this issue stems from religious-based laws, not enforced obedience to religions with zero political power.

I don't know Stavro, this is in quotes “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

Read this again, its garbly-gook. 

The advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies. Not just for women but for everyone.....I thought she was advocating for girls and women but suddenly it everyone....she's mentioning in other countries but also in the US. Boy I'm not any authority on the english sentence structure but this simply doesn't make sense. Garbly-gook.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34