JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Words Against Words

I think we all been in this position before and that is:"I said this to someone and that person said you didn't". Many times a person might say one thing and meant something different. It happens all the time.

Believe me, we all need to get past this if this happens to you. Going into a back room and try to tells the brothers your side of the story basically doesn't pan out if this is regarding one person. It is his or her words against yours and vice versa. Try tell the brothers and that person who has a dispute with you, that you are not making yourself a better person because our words were different. Jehovah knows what you said and what you meant too.Try to maintain peace to all. Ephesians 4:3

I think we all been in this position before and that is:"I said this to someone and that person said you didn't". Many times a person might say one thing and meant something different. It happens all the time.

Believe me, we all need to get past this if this happens to you. Going into a back room and try to tells the brothers your side of the story basically doesn't pan out if this is regarding one person. It is his or her words against yours and vice versa. Try tell the brothers and that person who has a dispute with you, that you are not making yourself a better person because our words were different. Jehovah knows what you said and what you meant too.Try to maintain peace to all. Ephesians 4:3

Glenn there is a Video on this subject..hosted by Brother Lett...https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=14&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CF0QiBUwDQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fplus.google.com%2F118356805627875468789%2Fposts%2F62YoQg6NCep&ei=hW5HVYGtGKLbmgWMloDAAw&usg=AFQjCNFjNXYN-BtwcyJ5Ga2hhaKzUh4ewA&sig2=3xTK6XLiYB093fg8lnwL0w&bvm=bv.92291466,d.dGY

Ephesians 4:3-6. Why is there division? I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness.

We see this happening..  Some people like to try to test our peace. 

I suppose for me it has to do with nerves & trying to feel comfortable around people. I often go to say something & realize, What I meant to say didn't come out the right way. & hope that the person knew what i meant.  I'd rather listen than to a conversation than talk.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Communication is a very fragile thing. Often we are misunderstood, or something came out accidentally when it sounded different in our mind before verbalizing it. It is best to not impute a motive behind something that was said and to receive it in the most positive way. Glad we're in the truth, b/c everyone else out there is having a more difficult struggle in trying to be understood and understandable. We are farther from perfection and our feeble attempts at communication reflect that. 

Brother Carlos, you just brought to mind an experience I had when renting to a Sister. Well, I won't repeat it, because it has been forgiven in my heart; that's why I was surprised that it popped up into my thoughts when I saw your comments. It's only money (and one's reputation, sometimes) but after we have survived the experience, we can forgive it and move on. That's how we keep our peace and our relationship with Jehovah.  

Edited by kejedo

Brother Carlos, you just brought to mind an experience I had when renting to a Sister. Well, I won't repeat it, because it has been forgiven in my heart; that's why I was surprised that it popped up into my thoughts when I saw your comments. It's only money (and one's reputation, sometimes) but after we have survived the experience, we can forgive it and move on. That's how we keep our peace and our relationship with Jehovah.  

Yes. Sometimes it's nobody's fault. We just had different expectations and understood different things. But if we have a written agreement signed by both, it's easier to make clear what is expected from each party.

Yes. Sometimes it's nobody's fault. We just had different expectations and understood different things. But if we have a written agreement signed by both, it's easier to make clear what is expected from each party.

This has been recommended by the brothers for decades, however many forget to do so.

When I was a contractor- I always had a written agreement for everybody, including brothers.

It helps keep peace :peace:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

This reminds me of something that happened when I was young.

Short version ..... a young fellow said to my sister, within earshot of my mother, "WOW! You really look different with clothes on."

He didn't mean what it sounded like. It was just that we only saw these people when we were swimming, so, he haqd only seen my sister in a bathing suit. This time she was dressed for the meeting and he had never seen her in "dress clothes" - thus the comment.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~