JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Shooting at Mohammad Cartoon Contest in Texas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3250 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

When I read the title of this thread - it being in Texas - I was not sure if it was about artwork or gun play/fast draw .......

Seems it is about artwork

GARLAND, Texas — Two suspects were killed after they opened fire Sunday in a parking lot outside a provocative contest for cartoon depictions of the prophet Muhammad, authorities said.

Garland's city government issued a statement saying that as a Muhammad Art Exhibit event was coming to a close at the Curtis Culwell Center, "two males drove up to the front of the building in a car'' and started shooting at a security officer.

"Garland police officers engaged the gunmen, who were both shot and killed,'' the statement posted online said.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

When I read the title of this thread - it being in Texas - I was not sure if it was about artwork or gun play/fast draw .......

It was also about "gun play/fast draw" it seems. One off-duty traffic officer shot both suspects dead after they opened fire first. Dodge city! 

In my mind it is a toss up as to which is which.  :gun-toot:

Gun play did come into the fore with this event, but the "Texas Drawing Contest" was supposed to be about "art" ..... not "guns" ......

However, reading the title and not having any of the article quoted, I was not sure of that until I went to one of those links, even though the links tried to set 5 cookies each - a reason I prefer to have some information included with a link - so I can decide if I really want to go there to read more ..... not HAVE to go there just to find out what a thread is all about.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Gun play did come into the fore with this event, but the "Texas Drawing Contest" was supposed to be about "art" ..... not "guns" ......

However, reading the title and not having any of the article quoted, I was not sure of that until I went to one of those links, even though the links tried to set 5 cookies each - a reason I prefer to have some information included with a link - so I can decide if I really want to go there to read more ..... not HAVE to go there just to find out what a thread is all about.

Oops!  My bad...I forgot!