JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Woman on a $10 Bill

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3322 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/17/news/economy/woman-on-ten-dollar-bill/index.html

Personally I'm glad. But, what they need to do is to switch the person on the $20 Bill. Why? Because this person was responsible for thousands of lives and put many into concentration camps in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama too It was called the Indian Removal Act. Can you imagine having another Hitler on a bill?

I imagine it will be someone connected to civil rights in some way-- Sojourner Truth, Harriett Tubman, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony (although doesn't she have a coin?).  

Or it could be someone known to be the "first" woman in some other area-- Sally Ride (first U.S. woman astronaut), or Ameila Earhart. Also thought of Sanda Day O'Conner (first female Supreme Court justice) and Madeleine Albright (first female Secretary of State), but they are both still alive, so highly unlikely.

Don't some other countries cast a much wider net and use famous athletes, scientists, etc. on their currency?

I imagine it will be someone connected to civil rights in some way-- Sojourner Truth, Harriett Tubman, Rosa Parks, Susan B. Anthony (although doesn't she have a coin?).  

Or it could be someone known to be the "first" woman in some other area-- Sally Ride (first U.S. woman astronaut), or Ameila Earhart. Also thought of Sanda Day O'Conner (first female Supreme Court justice) and Madeleine Albright (first female Secretary of State), but they are both still alive, so highly unlikely.

Don't some other countries cast a much wider net and use famous athletes, scientists, etc. on their currency?

Most of the current faces on currency are people who were instrumental in the founding of the United States and it's infrastructure. I would guess they would choose a woman who also fit that criteria. Probably a small number of women to choose from. 

***Edited for spelling***

Edited by Brother Arellano

As politically neutral it shouldn't matter who is on our money. But, it seems a moot point as the world moves closer to a cashless society. Some countries are already preparing to do away with hard currency. 

I can't help it. I deep into politics and that is why I'm voting for Jesus in 2016.

Most of the current faces on currency are people who were instrumental in the founding of the United States and it's infrastructure. I would guess they would choose a woman who also fit that criteria. Probably a small number of women to choose from. 

***Edited for spelling***

If I were in the world, I would want Eleanor Roosevelt.

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin also are or were on both coin and paper money.

Putting the woman on the $10 instead of $20 is a positive move.  People will have a $10 more often than $20.  Plus 2 $10s = $20.

George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin also are or were on both coin and paper money.

Putting the woman on the $10 instead of $20 is a positive move.  People will have a $10 more often than $20.  Plus 2 $10s = $20.

They need to get rid of Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill. Replace it with John Quincy Adams or Fredrick Douglas or Harriet Tubman

The new bill will happen in the year 2020 to commemorate the 100 yr anniversary of the 19th amendment giving women the right to vote.  A couple of women come to mind, Alice Paul and Elizabeth Cady Stanton.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ellen Degeneres, Oprah, Sally Jesse .........

Oh, wait, they have to be dead to be on the bill .........

Works for me :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

http://money.cnn.com/2015/06/17/news/economy/woman-on-ten-dollar-bill/index.html

Personally I'm glad. But, what they need to do is to switch the person on the $20 Bill. Why? Because this person was responsible for thousands of lives and put many into concentration camps in Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama too It was called the Indian Removal Act. Can you imagine having another Hitler on a bill?

Glenn, every time I look at a $20 bill I pretty much think the same thing!

Live long and prosper. 🖖🏻

A woman for the $10 bill?

Lot's of good candidates out there.

Marilyn Monroe, Lauren Bacall, Elizabeth Taylor, Kim Novak, the list goes on and on.

:)  :lol:  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.