JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Where do you live?

I just joined the forum 5 weeks ago. Of course, we all know that we enjoy an international brotherhood, and some of us have experienced travelling to foreign countries and have enjoyed getting to know our brothers and sisters that live thousands of miles from us. I'm thrilled that we can experience this here on this forum. I'm so jazzed when I see posts from members that are in every corner of the globe. Here we are, maybe just sitting in our living room as I am, chatting away with our brothers and sisters in Ireland, Australia, Austria, Greece, England, Portugal,etc, etc, ....

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I just wanted to say 'hi' to all my 'family' in the Truth--wherever you are! If you haven't posted where you live, it would be great to let us know. (I'm just curious, and it'd be great to see how many countries are represented on this forum!) Thanks for being there and for your encouraging thoughts and viewpoints. Where else but in Jehovah's organization can we find this?

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I know....there's nothing like it.

I live in Norwich, Connecticut, USA. Is there a map that shows all of us on it?

Yes, if you go to your control panel you should be able to tag where about you live... or if your more comfortable then the where abouts of your KH.. :)

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

I just joined the forum 5 weeks ago. Of course, we all know that we enjoy an international brotherhood, and some of us have experienced travelling to foreign countries and have enjoyed getting to know our brothers and sisters that live thousands of miles from us. I'm thrilled that we can experience this here on this forum. I'm so jazzed when I see posts from members that are in every corner of the globe. Here we are, maybe just sitting in our living room as I am, chatting away with our brothers and sisters in Ireland, Australia, Austria, Greece, England, Portugal,etc, etc, ....

Anyway, I could go on and on, but I just wanted to say 'hi' to all my 'family' in the Truth--wherever you are! If you haven't posted where you live, it would be great to let us know. (I'm just curious, and it'd be great to see how many countries are represented on this forum!) Thanks for being there and for your encouraging thoughts and viewpoints. Where else but in Jehovah's organization can we find this?

I think we joined around the same time and I feel exactly the way you do. I love to be able to talk and joke with my friends from all around the world. And I love the young ones that are so spiritual. It just makes my heart soar.:crush::wave:

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

I am from Northeast Ohio. Most of us enter our location when we join. It can be seen to the left under our usernames and in our profiles.

Is there a map that shows all of us on it?

Yes, many of us have tagged ourselves on the map and it thus shows up in our profiles. You can Edit your Profile and add yourself to the map in your Control Panel. The link to the Control Panel is in the bar across the top of the page above the masthead.

Just one word of caution: I use Google technology for the User Map feature. If you enter your house address, Google Maps allows the rest of us to zoom all the way in to see your rooftop. You may want to just enter a city name, or the name of the nearest major city, to protect your privacy.

Remember, just because we only want real Witnesses in here, doesn't mean the occasional disrespectful non-witness doesn't try to slither in.

I am not trying to scare anyone, and I don't think anything would ever come of it, but we have to be cautious when it comes to the internet.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Bob, Have you come upon a fix yet that would allow this feature to run in IE7? That's the browser the the misses uses to my chagrin, but she likes it and her work system needs to IE to run. :X

No, I have not. The map feature was developed by a 3rd party programmer, and he bent over backwards as it is to get it working in IE8, which made sense since I still think it is the most widely used browser. IE7 usage statistics are very low these days. When I brought up the lack of compatibility with IE7, I dont think he had an IE7 installation or simulator to test with (IE9 has an IE8 simulator).

You're the family head. Make her download Firefox4 :crackwhip:

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Bob, Have you come upon a fix yet that would allow this feature to run in IE7? That's the browser the the misses uses to my chagrin, but she likes it and her work system needs to IE to run. :X

No, I have not. The map feature was developed by a 3rd party programmer, and he bent over backwards as it is to get it working in IE8, which made sense since I still think it is the most widely used browser. IE7 usage statistics are very low these days. When I brought up the lack of compatibility with IE7, I dont think he had an IE7 installation or simulator to test with (IE9 has an IE8 simulator).

You're the family head. Make her download Firefox4 :crackwhip:

Hey, watch it, fellas!! I think we're getting, as you say, 'off topic'!! LOL

i live in a small town called rio tinto (that translated meens red river) in Porto' date=' Portugal look, this is "the north" beautiful

39118=1538-maraIMAGE_172miro.jpg [/quote'] Miro, what a beautiful picture...I'm jealous! I always wanted to see Portugal--the closest I got was Spain--also one of my favorite countries to visit! I live in San Diego, California.

39128=1539-T7CA391YFHCAH6650WCAPB6D52CAV

Thank you, friends, for the wonderful response! It's fun to see where everyone lives...Perhaps one day in the New World we can decide on a location so that we can all meet each other in person! :boating::scooter:

I am in sunny Las Vegas, Nevada. Yep - around 25 English, 25 Spanish, 3 Filipino, 1 Korean, Chinese, Japanese & ASL congregations in Sin City. Not to mention quite a few groups.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thank you, friends, for the wonderful response! It's fun to see where everyone lives...Perhaps one day in the New World we can decide on a location so that we can all meet each other in person! :boating::scooter:

It would be awesome to meet when we are in Jehovah's new system! I live in Orlando, FL :sunshine: