JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

That are going to force the filth on everyone .another in direct attack on religion?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3199 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

As there are ALL KINDS of pop-ups to that site - I am going to post the article here:

No, this is not satire. On July 29, a gay pride parade is scheduled in Sweden. But, you see, this is no ordinary gay pride parade. This gay pride parade was created by Jan Sjunnesson, former editor-in-chief for the Samtiden newspaper in Sweden, which is owned by the nationalist Sweden Democrats party (for our Canadian readers, think of the Sweden Democrats as being kind of like the Conservatives or the Canadian Action Party, which means that they’re considered “extreme far-right” in Sweden). The parade is scheduled to go through Tensta and Husby – two areas where Muslim immigrants are more than 75% of the population.

The Facebook page is absolutely filled with angry comments from leftists, attacking the “xenophobic right-wing nationalists” for organizing a gay pride parade through Muslim areas. Since Islam holds that gays should be executed, something like this is obviously an attack on Muslims and should therefore be outlawed. At least, that’s what Swedish leftists – and, indeed, Swedish gays – are saying.

OK, so they are going to have a "gay pride" parade. Where is there anything about "forcing the fifth amendment" or "attack religion" here?

NOTE: this is the fifth amendment to the constitution of the US:

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Generally - it is used as a reason to say nothing.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I understood filth, as in dirty.  But the title itself was very hard to follow. 

I understood the title to refer to the gays forcing their filth on everyone by having a parade and then it posed a question if this would lead to another indirect attack on religion.

I'm very fluent in mispellings so it was easy for me to understand. I also speak whale...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

YEP! Filth. Thanks guys  :wave: 

OK, but I still don't see how this is any different than any other "gay pride parade" they have been having for a decade - no?

And how is this parade an attack on religion - because of the location they chose?

Let them march by and don't watch. How is it an "attack"?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

YEP! Filth. Thanks guys   :wave:

OK, but I still don't see how this is any different than any other "gay pride parade" they have been having for a decade - no?

And how is this parade an attack on religion - because of the location they chose?

Let them march by and don't watch. How is it an "attack"?

Just more fuel for the fire of public opinion...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Ah, so nothing new under the sun. 

It was just the "forcing" and "attacking" that caught my attention.

But there really isn't any of that going on per se - more indirectly kind of sort of thing.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Ah, so nothing new under the sun. 

Except for that fifth you keep talking about. Do you plan on sharing? I'll bring the ice... :drink:

That's Ok, I speak 'wife' too. I understand every quantum leap, mid-sentence and regression there is.  :D

Edited by Musky

Edited to remove quote

The laws that allow gay pride parades through anti-gay neighborhoods are the same laws that allow us to take our message into religious neighborhoods. The laws that would ban these parades would also ban us from preaching.

This parade does not "force" people to abandon their beliefs, nor does it "attack" those who won't open their doors. At least, the parade doesn't do this any more than we do when we canvass a neighborhood.

If this parade route is a subtle protest, then it is in bad taste (the same would be true of an anti-gay rally in San Francisco). But it's just as likely that this is a standard parade route, chosen by the government to avoid blocking primary roadways, with no intentional message being sent to the residents.

Since we are not part of the media, we don't need to mimic their common use of hyperbole, creative omissions, and 'just asking questions' style of reporting, when the known facts are more than sufficient.

Hey Jerry, is it time for new glasses or did I miss something?

Should go to Spec Savers... ;) ( Its an ad we get here..lols)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

That's hilarious, so the Muslims are offended and the gays are offended ?  Well i'm offended...I like women and chocolate! 

Some day you will be older, like Dustparticle, and love women and chocolate.  Until then, you'll have to continue with just liking them.  

Jerry thinks fifth, not filth.  LOL.  Then he quotes the US Constitution when we're discussing a parade in Sweden.  

Marching a Gay Pride parade through a Muslim part of the city... if that's not sticking a finger in somebody's eye, then I don't know what is.  At least they feel safe enough to do it in Sweden.  Just try to take such a parade through Iran.  Of course, Islamic terrorists attacked France for simply printing cartoons about Mohammed.  Maybe we should expect some kind of possible backlash or outright attack during the parade.  That's what they get for giving such advance notice - time for the terrorists to get into position.

:shudder. 

They are asking for it in my opinion. There was a comment on another topic having to do with legalizing the same sex marriage that since they won now they would need a new fight to keep them busy...maybe this is the next fight to force all religions to acknowledge and accept them.

A 'Gay Pride' parade is their way of rubbing their freedom and lifestyle in peoples faces, that reminds me of a scripture that reminds us what will happen next...

(Ezekiel 8:17, 18) 17 He said to me: “Son of man, do you see this? Is it a trivial thing for the house of Judah to do these detestable things, to fill the land with violence and keep offending me? Here they are thrusting out the branch to my nose. 18 So I will act in rage. My eye will not feel sorry; nor will I feel compassion. Even though they cry out loudly in my ears, I will not hear them.”

Some day you will be older, like Dustparticle, and love women and chocolate.  Until then, you'll have to continue with just liking them.  

Jerry thinks fifth, not filth.  LOL.  Then he quotes the US Constitution when we're discussing a parade in Sweden.  

Marching a Gay Pride parade through a Muslim part of the city... if that's not sticking a finger in somebody's eye, then I don't know what is.  At least they feel safe enough to do it in Sweden.  Just try to take such a parade through Iran.  Of course, Islamic terrorists attacked France for simply printing cartoons about Mohammed.  Maybe we should expect some kind of possible backlash or outright attack during the parade.  That's what they get for giving such advance notice - time for the terrorists to get into position.

:shudder. 

Yes! I love woman and chocolate too!!! They are a gift from God!!!

Yes! I love woman and chocolate too!!! They are a gift from God!!!

So is EVERYTHING else    :D