JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have computer questions/problems? I'm here to help.

How do I make a batch file that will turn off the internet device when I log off, and then turn it on when I log on? 

I have a verizon jetpack, and if I leave it on when I log off, when I log on later I find at least a few dozen cookies.  One time during a period of downloading and research and just log off, I turned it on to find over 800 cookies and other assorted baddies, which drag my computer's performance to a crawl, and the internet was still on.   I have a good malware remover, but I would like to just press one link to cut the internet off

Hi Brothers - I have a problem linking into Youtube.    When I click onto the blue underlined words, below is what comes up on screen......what I'm trying to link into usually comes up first on a list of similar youtube video links

***************************************************************************************************  

How To Train Your Dog: "Come Here!" PERFECTLY!!!
hqdefault.jpg?w=160&h=120&sigh=ZejOPGCVn
10:44 4443 likes, 148 dislikes
Published on 5 May 2013
Share Video

This video is about reliably teaching... ( more )

Then, if I click onto watch video, nothing happens except the screen tells me................"the address wasn't understood"

Hope someone can help as its frustrating not being able to watch anything at all on youtube.   Until a few months ago there was no problem, now its hopeless.   Would it be caused by Microsoft doing an automatic update at some stage?   I have noticed that when that happens I lose my homepage screen, although I have figured out how to fix that thanks to the help of my 14 yo granddaughter, but she can't help with the youtube problem.      I have windows 7 and use Firefox.         

Sorry, should've attached the following..........telling me that I might need to install other software.

The address wasn't understood

Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because one of the following protocols (rtsp) isn't associated with any program or is not allowed in this context.

You might need to install other software to open this address.

try using a different browser.  This RTSP seems to be a phone andriod streaming video protocol so if firefox doesn't support it you need a browser that's made to support it.

OK- so it seems its a Mac apple Ipod protocol so my siggestion is getting a safari browser.

Or you can try to use RealPlayer.

kind of getting involved.... try googling for yourself.  "can't play youtube with rtsp"    you get more things for suggestions.