JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Have computer questions/problems? I'm here to help.

You were so right Musky!

I watched one of those videos on how to take it apart and it wasn't the connection from down below but a very small connection that was at the top of the back of my screen. It was hanging by a thread.

Got my laptop to stop blinking and decided to install Windows 10 and now it wont keep an internet connection. I googled the problem and guess what I am not the only one.

I tried some of the fixes but the internet still comes and goes. So now I am on my ipad. I guess I am forced to get to know my ipad air. You can't really call mine an "air" anymore cus I got a zagg case with the typing pad and it is heavy but my husband doesn't want me to destroy it anytime soon. lol

I have the Zagg case with the key board, true, it is heavy, but oh so safe! No more falling off the bed side table and cracking! Looks like a little computer.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

I need to burn cd's using my android tablet. Any one know of a way to accomplish this? Couldn't find any app that does it with an external CD burner

Enviado do meu SM-T320 através de Tapatalk

Never heard of that being possible.  You need a computer.

I need to burn cd's using my android tablet. Any one know of a way to accomplish this? Couldn't find any app that does it with an external CD burner

As far as I know, the drivers simply don't exist.

Depending on the exact need, it may be easier to buy 1GB USB drives in bulk (about $2/ea for a pack of 10) and copy the data via OTG cable.

I need to update all the songs in the KH and the only available hardware is a CD player. So I need a CD burner

My only pc is from work and is heavily limited on what I can do besides work (what as been installed by the IT department)

So I really need this option

If I can connect an hard drive with an usb to micro usb cable I think it should be possible to connect a burner also

All is needed is a software I guess...

Enviado do meu SM-T320 através de Tapatalk

I took a look and found an app I thought was for burning directly to a disk from Android, but what it really does is allow you to burn wirelessly from an Android device to the CD Burner you have installed on your computer. It also says this:

As you know, none of the mobile operating systems allows you burn files directly to a CD/DVD without transferring files to computers. In other words, we need to transfer our files from smartphone to PC first and then use a CD/DVD burning application to burn all files to CD/DVDs.

http://www.intowindows.com/nero-airburn-free-app-for-android-ios-to-burn-files-over-the-air/

If I can connect an hard drive with an usb to micro usb cable I think it should be possible to connect a burner also

All is needed is a software I guess...

And that software simply doesn't exist. There have been independent attempts to create the software, but none have had enough support to move forward. At this point it would be more feasible to design a standalone mini-computer that makes the CD appear as a USB drive silently transferring between an internal drive and the CD.

I need to update all the songs in the KH and the only available hardware is a CD player. So I need a CD burner

Are there no other computers available in your hall that you can use to briefly plug in a CD burner and copy the files?

Are there no other computers available in your hall that you can use to briefly plug in a CD burner and copy the files?

Unfortunately there isn't...

My congregation is a bit behind in regards to technology... ;)

But I just found something that will do the job I want :D

If it's something anybody is interested also, here it is

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plextor-PX-650US-PlexEasy-Android-External/dp/B0072OGQMI

Thanks

So, with this, you can move the music to an SD card on your phone or tablet and then it will burn the contents of the SD card directly to CD/DVD?

You don't actually connect it to your Android or Apple device, correct?

I was reading a review of this device and you can connect anything that has a file system. It has a small screen and we select there which folders to burn

It doesn't need any app on the device side :)

There are certain older car models that were in between the cassette adapter for audio/headphone jack, and the direct input for your device into the car stereo,that (2003-2004) only have cd technology. I like to convert all the Caleb songs from mp4 to mp3. They can then listen in succession, memorize the songs, really nice for single one or those who are on the road alone for long distances. Our territory is very large and some drive an hour 1 way to meetings. Just recently made all the morning worships only 7 or so in Spanish. But made an English play list to share on another website 28 talks ...that went over very big!!! I personally really enjoy the challenge of taking whatever technology one has available and turning it into a spiritual'gem' for the friends

Like Obama phones inserting a micro SD card and putting all the audio drama /songs/ etc.

The joy on there face is priceless!!

I've just bought a used Windows 8 desktop and I intend to upgrade to Windows 10. I've burnt an ISO but am not sure if I will need to enter the Windows serial number when I upgrade.

Will I need to?

If so where can I find the number, as there is no label on the case?

(I'm happy to snoop around in the registry but can't remember how to.)

Thanks

:)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I was told that you need to let windows update your current system to Windows 10 and then from that point there is a way to create a Bootable ISO that contains your license as well as the drivers your system needs and then you burn it to disk and do a clean install with that.

I personally have not done this.

http://www.intowindows.com/you-can-clean-install-windows-10-after-the-upgrade/

Edited by Musky

Is Open Office equivalent to Microsoft office? - especially re: inserts, pix. I have two laptops with windows 7 and am satisfied with their functions. What are the reasons to upgrade to Windows 10? New question: what is the difference between deactivating and deleting one's FaceBook Account? I have been told one is temporary and can be reactivated. I am trying to only stay connected to my family of origin so I can keep up with births, illnesses, etc. Thanks for offering to help us ones that are less tech-savvy. YS,pauline  

Is Open Office equivalent to Microsoft office? - especially re: inserts, pix. I have two laptops with windows 7 and am satisfied with their functions. What are the reasons to upgrade to Windows 10? New question: what is the difference between deactivating and deleting one's FaceBook Account? I have been told one is temporary and can be reactivated. I am trying to only stay connected to my family of origin so I can keep up with births, illnesses, etc. Thanks for offering to help us ones that are less tech-savvy. YS,pauline

OpenOffice is compatible with Microsoft Office file formats but may mess up formatting on complex documents. Windows 10 is faster, slimmer, and has more features than 7. Deactivating the account means it's switched off to the public but you can still log in. Deleting it means everything is gone.

I've just bought a used Windows 8 desktop and I intend to upgrade to Windows 10. I've burnt an ISO but am not sure if I will need to enter the Windows serial number when I upgrade.

Will I need to?

If so where can I find the number, as there is no label on the case?

(I'm happy to snoop around in the registry but can't remember how to.)

Thanks

:)

You don't need to burn an ISO, just run Windows Update until it upgrades you to Windows 10. After that point you can reinstall Windows 10 freely from an ISO if necessary, with no need to enter a product key.

There are still people that don't have car radios or home stereo that can read USB or even mp3

In my KH several people request audio in CD format

I am married to someone who barely knows the difference between a  cd and dvd let alone anything updated on a computer.

I am (sort of Old) hush but trying to explain my laptop and also my new ipad air, you would all laugh at the conversations I have with my hubby trying to explain, especially since I don't know all that what I am talking about. lol

I am married to someone who barely knows the difference between a  cd and dvd let alone anything updated on a computer.

I am (sort of Old) hush but trying to explain my laptop and also my new ipad air, you would all laugh at the conversations I have with my hubby trying to explain, especially since I don't know all that what I am talking about. lol

It's easy.

A CD is where you invest money that you never plan to see again

DVD is the Hebrew way to spell David

A laptop is where you put your plate when there isn't a table

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Thanks Richard, that is exactly how my hubby understands everything. I try to keep up the best that I can, but he doesn't even try and wants me to explain it to him. Therefore I try to figure out these posts that all you computer geeks talk in but I have so much confusion just explaining it to my mind, let alone my hubby's mind. lol

Now if you can talk about milking 50 or more head of cow when he is 4 or 5 yrs old then he can understand and relate but our grandkids at this age don't know anything about responsibility but they know what an Ipone is and designer clothing and they want it without working for it. 

The laptop I am using right now has a log in dialog that says 'another computer is using this same address, contact administrator' (or something like that.) How do I fix this? OT, but I already have been hacked, phished, spywared (other computer) and somethings I don't even have terms for. Working on disinfecting my other computer to back up the harddrive externally. TMI.  

The laptop I am using right now has a log in dialog that says 'another computer is using this same address, contact administrator' (or something like that.) How do I fix this? OT, but I already have been hacked, phished, spywared (other computer) and somethings I don't even have terms for. Working on disinfecting my other computer to back up the harddrive externally. TMI.  

What version of Windows does it run? Sounds like someone assigned it a static IP address. You need to go into network settings and check the box that says "obtain IP address automatically" or something like that, depending on your version of Windows.