JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Pope's visit to the US and UN/ Vatican vs. Politics

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3125 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Now the Pope is coming out against the death penalty! So abortion is alright this year, gays are to be accepted into the church and now the death penalty for murderers is wrong - I'm beginning to think the Pope doesn't own a copy of the Bible at all, let alone read it.

Apparently he doesn't need one..

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "When, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."[1][2]

This doctrine was defined dogmatically in the First Vatican Council of 1869–1870, but had been defended before that, existing already in medieval theology and being the majority opinion at the time of the Counter-Reformation.[3]

According to Catholic theology, there are several concepts important to the understanding of infallible, divine revelation: Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Sacred Magisterium. The infallible teachings of the Pope are part of the Sacred Magisterium, which also consists of ecumenical councils and the "...ordinary and universal magisterium." In Catholic theology, papal infallibility is one of the channels of the infallibility of the Church. The infallible teachings of the Pope must be based on, or at least not contradict, Sacred Tradition or Sacred Scripture.
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Just hearing him on the radio this morning made me crabby. I know that through the thousands of years we've been here Jehovah has seen ones who love to feel 'special' and want to be thought of as being extraordinary, but it grates on me. To believe you are above every other human and you cannot possibly be wrong, despite logical thinking, just defies common sense. Think of it, if you were so special why do you have to eat? Why do you defecate? Why do you need to shower?  Why would you be so very human if you were literally better than anyone else? 

Ok, I'm done. Still disgusted though.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

What gets me, is they claim the Pope can excommunicate angels even!  I mean for pete's sake!  What planet does he think he is from?  If the "Pope" was truly scriptural and truly an extraordinary human being by being infallible (like Christ and Jehovah) why is there no mention of him in the Bible or his title or the impact for good he would have on others?  Can't wait till the day he realizes that he was actually the leader of the "man of lawlessness"! LOL  Oh wait - he'd have to read and understand the Bible for that to happen, so forget that!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Shali, it almost sounds like he's presenting himself equal to God. Jesus doesn't have the power to vicariously do this, without Jehovah's allowing it so why would the pope (nope no capital P) and if he's so special to have power in the unseen world why wouldn't he just fix this broken down old system and get it over with?

Reality is really stink for him one day soon, huh?

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Shali, it almost sounds like he's presenting himself equal to God. Jesus doesn't have the power to vicariously do this, without Jehovah's allowing it so why would the pope (nope no capital P) and if he's so special to have power in the unseen world why wouldn't he just fix this broken down old system and get it over with?

Reality is really stink for him one day soon, huh?

He won't be able to stand the stench when his empire goes into the landfill.

Wow watching the Pope address the UN ...

Historic ... Talking to over 200 world leaders trying to bring about peace claiming to represent the God of the Bible.

Stand firm be neutral all timely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Wow watching the Pope address the UN ...

Historic ... Talking to over 200 world leaders trying to bring about peace claiming to represent the God of the Bible.

Stand firm be neutral all timely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't even make the main news here. Not yet anyway.
Edited by Mykyl

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/692202

"The Obama administration has decided to invite transgender activists Mateo Williamson and Vivian Taylor, the first openly gay Episcopal bishop, Bishop Gene Robinson and Sister Simone Campbell, an activist nun who leads a group criticized by the Vatican for its silence on abortion and euthanasia."

Sounds a little like sodom and Gomorrah to me.

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

My poor Catholic sister called screaming excitedly that she has tickets to see the Pope in a big church in New York how do you respond to that? :blink:

"May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be pleasing to you, O Jehovah, my Rock and my Redeemer."

Right now on the news he is riding on the jeep pope mobile through Central Park. But he is so humble....while people are following him in his brand new jeep standing up to be worshiped by all...not right! While he advocates for the wealthy to give to those without, the pope sits on no telling how much wealth, and still the Catholic owned businesses are gaining so much income from things like bobbleheads and little statues of the pope. If he wanted to he could tell them he does not want them to do that. And he never talks about Jehovah at all or of God's word...shameful!

My poor Catholic sister called screaming excitedly that she has tickets to see the Pope in a big church in New York how do you respond to that? :blink:

possibly ask her to compare these pictures,

and honestly contemplate does it seem he is representing the humility of the Christ,

then read her Matt 10:8 where Jesus said "you received free. give free."

post-3346-0-90622700-1443217570.jpg

post-3346-0-38897200-1443217469_thumb.pn

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

When I heard his 9 am, 6am PST, speech on CNN I was left wanting. He had nothing of significance to say, talked about being peaceful, races getting along, praying for him.....Those poor people don't know they're starving for some meat, truths. They get so caught up in the event and the pomp of it all, is this what they think is a quality visit from their religious leader? 

The pictures above are so incredible, reminds me of the pompous leaders we have described to us from times past. Nothing changes. People are what they are. Different generations, same ole' junk, same old pattern of self inflation.

Right now on the news he is riding on the jeep pope mobile through Central Park. But he is so humble....while people are following him in his brand new jeep standing up to be worshiped by all...not right! While he advocates for the wealthy to give to those without, the pope sits on no telling how much wealth, and still the Catholic owned businesses are gaining so much income from things like bobbleheads and little statues of the pope. If he wanted to he could tell them he does not want them to do that. And he never talks about Jehovah at all or of God's word...shameful!

I bet the jeep and fiat were comped by fiat. I noticed a logo on his throne in the jeep. Once it looked like some sort of colorful vatican logo embroidered onto the seat, then later it was the jeep logo. They must have had some agreement to display the logo briefly. I bet they paid for that endorsement by the pope. How crooked if so.

I saw in many places that the tickets to see the pope had no "charge" but were given in a "lottery" type manner but many people sold these tickets that they got to people who either didn't realize they didn't have to pay, or knew they didn't have to pay but wanted a ticket really bad. Either way, this was a situation where a bunch of unscrupulous people did something greedy and wrong to make a buck - you'd never see that at one of our gatherings!