JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Phobia and Hysteria: Deaf Aotearoa flooded with complaints about Jehovah's Witness church

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3122 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is an interesting article about how people, possibly even apostates, make much to do about nothing. I understand though that the deaf are a sensitive people. But whoever this person is just jumped right to conclusions we can discredit.  Its just goes to show how we can take something so simple and turn it into something it is not.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/well-good/72742962/deaf-aotearoa-flooded-with-complaints-about-jehovahs-witness-church

Thing is that some people lie about our preaching behaviour, or can't tell the difference between us or mormons or new-apostolics, too. I happened to call on a priest in my territory that hadn't been worked through since December 2014. He got quite in a commotion saying he'd told "us" only two weeks ago not to call on him anymore. I almost thought I'd forgotten to take notes and apologized accordingly. But he made it clear it wasn't me he'd told this but some other guys. He couldn't describe them nor their manner of speaking / accent or anything then suddenly tried to shift the conversation, which left me thinking it was simply untrue.

So when this guy says

Hamilton man Royce Flynn said he had been visited six times over the last nine months, despite repeatedly saying he was uninterested in the house calls.

Either the brothers working that field are totally incapable of taking notes, or this guy is straight up lying.

Thing is that some people lie about our preaching behaviour, or can't tell the difference between us or mormons or new-apostolics, too. I happened to call on a priest in my territory that hadn't been worked through since December 2014. He got quite in a commotion saying he'd told "us" only two weeks ago not to call on him anymore. I almost thought I'd forgotten to take notes and apologized accordingly. But he made it clear it wasn't me he'd told this but some other guys. He couldn't describe them nor their manner of speaking / accent or anything then suddenly tried to shift the conversation, which left me thinking it was simply untrue.

So when this guy says

Either the brothers working that field are totally incapable of taking notes, or this guy is straight up lying.

Going by the way the brothers in my congregation keep field service notes - I've gotta go with the first one on this! LOL (no - really!)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

We've had to change the way we do things in NZ as a recent law change has meant we are no longer allowed to use the "Please Follow Up" forms to record people's personal details. It's a 'privacy' issue.

It's important to remember that JW's call on people of all sorts, without discrimination, including those with disabilities. If we meet someone who appears to be interested but who speaks a different language we may ask somebody we know who speaks that language to either go back separately or accompany us when we return on them to see if any further interest is shown.

We've had to change the way we do things in NZ as a recent law change has meant we are no longer allowed to use the "Please Follow Up" forms to record people's personal details. It's a 'privacy' issue.

We had that form removed recently too. I understand why now.

Interesting. Satan has those elbows just a moving. I just saw something about someone complaining about ones writing letters to ones who have had deaths in their family. The wheels grind away until Jehovah puts a screeching stop to it all!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Going by the way the brothers in my congregation keep field service notes - I've gotta go with the first one on this! LOL (no - really!)

The man is the one who apparently takes good notes... He knew exactly how many times he was visited on the last 9 months :)

I look into this as something giving good testimony! We're interested in all sorts of people and we take the time and efforts to reach every one of them like brother Spinks said... learning sign language, moving several miles just to be able to give the good news to everybody