JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

star wars the force awakens

This reminds me of a good joke of a radio moderator here in Germany by the time episode VI was in the movies.

He called a local movie theater and imitated Darth Vader´s voice and the heavy breathing. He said he´d like to do a reservation for the Star Wars movie.

The young man on the phone said that he could only offer some seats in the first row.

The conversation continued like that:

Moderator: "Well (*breathing heavily*), couldn´t you give me a seat somewhere at the back area (*breathing heavily*), because you know...(*breathing heavily*), I´m quite tall..."

Young man: "Sorry, the theater is quite full, so..."

Modaror: "Please, (*breathing heavily*), I can even bring my own chair (*breathing heavily*), I won´t cause you any trouble (*breathing heavily*)..."

Young man: "Sorry, sir, I can only offer you the first row."

Moderator: "Okay (*breathing heavily*), one seat for tonight then, please (*breathing heavily*)."

Young man: "All right, sir, what´s your name, please?"

Moderator: "Vader" (*breathing heavily*).

Young man: "Can you spell it, please?"

Moderator: "V-(*breathing heavily*)-A-(*breathing heavily*)-D-(*breathing heavily*)-E-(*breathing heavily*)-R"

Young man: "Okay, Mr. Vader. Your reservation number is: ..."

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

That was really great fun, the guy had absolutely NO CLUE - but he was working for a cinema during episode VI  :omg:  :poke:

Chrissy :wave:

This reminds me of a good joke of a radio moderator here in Germany by the time episode VI was in the movies.

He called a local movie theater and imitated Darth Vader´s voice and the heavy breathing. He said he´d like to do a reservation for the Star Wars movie.

The young man on the phone said that he could only offer some seats in the first row.

The conversation continued like that:

Moderator: "Well (*breathing heavily*), couldn´t you give me a seat somewhere at the back area (*breathing heavily*), because you know...(*breathing heavily*), I´m quite tall..."

Young man: "Sorry, the theater is quite full, so..."

Modaror: "Please, (*breathing heavily*), I can even bring my own chair (*breathing heavily*), I won´t cause you any trouble (*breathing heavily*)..."

Young man: "Sorry, sir, I can only offer you the first row."

Moderator: "Okay (*breathing heavily*), one seat for tonight then, please (*breathing heavily*)."

Young man: "All right, sir, what´s your name, please?"

Moderator: "Vader" (*breathing heavily*).

Young man: "Can you spell it, please?"

Moderator: "V-(*breathing heavily*)-A-(*breathing heavily*)-D-(*breathing heavily*)-E-(*breathing heavily*)-R"

Young man: "Okay, Mr. Vader. Your reservation number is: ..."

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

That was really great fun, the guy had absolutely NO CLUE - but he was working for a cinema during episode VI  :omg:  :poke:

Sorry, I meant episode III

But the joke remains the same

Chrissy :wave:

• 2 weeks later...

Brother mentioned Star Wars in his talk Sunday... Oh well...i respect his conscience but I doubt Star Wars was specifically mentioned in the outline.

Which talk outline?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It doesn't matter which one. he shouldn't have mentioned anything. I start to doubt Brothers that spout opinion instead of principles. Jesus never did that and neither does Jehovah or the Faithful slave. Elders and Ministerial Servants should not as well. Especially from the platform.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

It doesn't matter which one. he shouldn't have mentioned anything. I start to doubt Brothers that spout opinion instead of principles. Jesus never did that and neither does Jehovah or the Faithful slave. Elders and Ministerial Servants should not as well. Especially from the platform.

It's possible the brother may have been thinking of this article..

*** g95 12/8 pp. 7-8 A Look at Today’s Science Fiction ***
On the other hand, Christians who choose to enjoy various forms of fiction as an occasional diversion do well to remember Solomon’s warning: “To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh.” (Ecclesiastes 12:12) Many in today’s world have clearly gone overboard in their devotion to science-fiction books and movies. Science-fiction clubs and conventions have proliferated. According to Time magazine, Star Trek fans on five continents have devoted themselves to learning the fictitious language Klingon, which was featured in Star Trek TV shows and movies. Such extreme behavior does not harmonize with the Bible’s counsel at 1 Peter 1:13: “Keep your senses completely [“keep balanced,” footnote].”
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

It doesn't matter which one. he shouldn't have mentioned anything. I start to doubt Brothers that spout opinion instead of principles. 

It mattered to me. That's why I asked. Thanks for your opinion.

It mattered to me. That's why I asked. Thanks for your opinion.

Sorry i didnt mean to offend anyone. I just hate it when brothers say things beyond what they should. The article did not condemn star trek. It condemned the foolish lengths people go to in their fandom. 

There is a huge difference and we do well to keep ourselves away from that kind of stuff.

I know some who are going to see it in a large group. Our boys in our family are going seperate from the group. Others who totally are appalled any are going as "Star Wars is satanic", and I know of 1 brother going by himself so he won't offend anyone. It sure has caused a bit of an uproar in our cong. ( we normally do everything together)

They should all keep their nose in their own business. What was it the Apostle said? Gadding about the houses speaking of things they ought not? Nothing different with this. 

Our Brothers and Sisters should remember well Jesus words be Wrathful yet do not sin. Accusing a movie with being satanic is as about a witch hunt as I have ever seen. 

If it is not their taste that is fine but to go that far makes them sound like a fanatic. 

Where do we see those now a days?

I think people who say it's Satanic, say it because it's action movie and those Jedi people have supernatural powers, so they think they are using spiritism. Not because they want to be fanatics. But some of us see it clearly as production of fiction, and don't draw connections with Satanism.  I undrstand both sides. Best thing would be like all already know, to not advertise about watching it.

They should all keep their nose in their own business. What was it the Apostle said? Gadding about the houses speaking of things they ought not? Nothing different with this. 

Our Brothers and Sisters should remember well Jesus words be Wrathful yet do not sin. Accusing a movie with being satanic is as about a witch hunt as I have ever seen. 

If it is not their taste that is fine but to go that far makes them sound like a fanatic. 

Where do we see those now a days?

Brother

Don't waste your emotion's on somebody ' s opinion. Save them for Star Wars. If you are a Jehovah 's witnesse for a long time and know the pure language you can distinguish between a personal opinion and a principle based on the scriptures. There is no need to be upset or initiate a debate with the brother that used the platform to spread his opinion. He was well intentioned. You simply delete the post. He is entitled to his opinion and you are entitled to yours. If you think it will cause a conscience issue for some, don't advertise your taste for movies.

A few years ago we had an elder that was assigned to our congregation recent graduated from the school for couples. At that time my son used to play the angry birds game. I don't remember how he found out . He barely knew us and his first interaction with me was to mention that one of the instructors of the school mentioned that specific game as being a "violent" game during the school. I know for sure that is very unlikely that the organization specifically stated that. It was probably the instructor's opinion based on only he knows what. I know the game and know for sure that in the universe if video games is not even close to violent. So I just said that I disagreed and moved on. My son moved to mine craft and life went on. What surprises me is not the opinion of the instructor. It is the fact that the new elder accepted that as a fact without doing his own research and tried to impose on us. But hey he was well intentioned and doing what he perceives as his responsibility. I can take it and disagree and move on. The elder was like 25 years old and a rule follower. In certain situations this is exactly what we need. In others we part ways. We all know what really matters.