JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Great Actors are Dead or Almost there

My hubby and I were talking about some of the great actors that are dead now. We were talking about James Garner and then James Stewart. 

We were also thinking about these ones when they are resurrected that if they accepted the Truth then maybe we could watch them act either on a theatre stage or have some kind of clean TV or something more modern that we don't know of yet. 

What is everyone's thoughts and who would you like to see again or in person?

Is there anyone who would of loved to have been an actor and would like to get into it in the new system?

I am still grieving over Jerry Reed, I know he wasn't much of an actor, but I love his songs and thought he was funny. Talking about funny I would love to see Red Skelton again!! (very nice guy)

This is true too.

Many actors just did it to make money or fame or both but some did it because they loved it. I am sure some would go back to acting eventually or act from time to time through the millennium. Who knows, but it is sad to see ones we loved to watch on the big screen or tv die. 

It's like we have come to know them in some way and made them a small part of our lives even for a little while. 

Some people are very much influenced by actors and want to try to be like them and so their lives are very much wrapped up into another person's persona. 

I wonder when Michael Jackson is resurrected how many will flock around him for awhile until he becomes just like everyone else to their way of thinking. 

Many of them will be rise. But, don't forget, they were actors on the screen and off the screen too.

True! Makes me think of Clint Eastwood even though he is not dead yet but we knew him through friends and yes he acted on stage and off. Not someone you would ask home for supper unless you were just trying to impress as to him being a successful actor. 

I would really like to meet up with John Candy. I love his crazy sense of humour, so so funny. Also Steve Martin, though still alive, if he dies, those two are on my list.

Just a word of warning!...if these 2 are also any of your favourites, you cannot get to know them in the new world before me!. I chose them first!....

Probably a long list coming soon. How about Bob Hope, Robin Williams on my comedy list.

John Wayne, Elvis.

Whitney Houston, what a voice. Imagine her singing Kingdom Melodies. Bing Crosby, not a nice individual, but what a voice. 

I often think about dead celebrity types, including politicians (They are actors too right?) being resurrected. So add Abe Lincoln. 

There will be thousands of TALENTED people resurrected from other centuries as well

Resurrection will bring variety of people back to life

Jehovah promises happy life in the New World

I just wonder how many TALENTED ELVIS LIKE people lived in the past and in what regions and eras ?

I would like to study with Peter Falk .. Can you imagine hearing the line during the study after concluding prayer

Greg .... I have one more question LOL

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I like to meet Dorothy Dandridge. It is not the beauty on the outside I love to see. What it saddens me is that, the more I read about her, she had a very sad life. She was more prettier in the inside than on the outside. I love to meet her and tell her, the life you have now doesn't had to be sad. You can live happy ever after. 

I like to meet Dorothy Dandridge. It is not the beauty on the outside I love to see. What it saddens me is that, the more I read about her, she had a very sad life. She was more prettier in the inside than on the outside. I love to meet her and tell her, the life you have now doesn't had to be sad. You can live happy ever after. 

Thanks Dusty, I never knew anything about her. 

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzM3NDY0ODQ2.jpgShe is gorgeous. 

Born on November 9, 1922, in Cleveland, Ohio, Dorothy Dandridge sang at Harlem's famed Cotton Club and Apollo Theatre and became the first African-American woman to be nominated for an Academy Award for best actress. Her ability to break new ground for African American women in film has drawn comparisons between her and baseball great Jackie Robinson.

In her childhood, Dandridge experienced some difficulties. She never knew her father. Her mother, actress Ruby Dandridge, left her father while she was pregnant with Dorothy. Dandridge later suffered at the hands of her mother's girlfriend, Geneva Williams. Williams was the displinarian in the family and was known for being strict and cruel with Dandridge.

Dandridge was pushed into show business at a young age by her mother. Dandridge performed with her sister Vivian for a time as a song-and-dance team billed as "The Wonder Children." The girls performed throughout the South, playing black churches and other places.

http://www.biography.com/people/dorothy-dandridge-9542081#early-life

What would it be like to conduct the study with Shakespeare or Beethoven or the Queen of Sheba?

Shakespeare would give a very poetic answers LOL

During the study

Conductor: So what choices must we make ?

Shakespeare : hmmm ... To live or not to live ....

LOL

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Thanks Dusty, I never knew anything about her. 

MTE4MDAzNDEwNzM3NDY0ODQ2.jpgShe is gorgeous. 

Born on November 9, 1922, in Cleveland, Ohio, Dorothy Dandridge sang at Harlem's famed Cotton Club and Apollo Theatre and became the first African-American woman to be nominated for an Academy Award for best actress. Her ability to break new ground for African American women in film has drawn comparisons between her and baseball great Jackie Robinson.

In her childhood, Dandridge experienced some difficulties. She never knew her father. Her mother, actress Ruby Dandridge, left her father while she was pregnant with Dorothy. Dandridge later suffered at the hands of her mother's girlfriend, Geneva Williams. Williams was the displinarian in the family and was known for being strict and cruel with Dandridge.

Dandridge was pushed into show business at a young age by her mother. Dandridge performed with her sister Vivian for a time as a song-and-dance team billed as "The Wonder Children." The girls performed throughout the South, playing black churches and other places.

http://www.biography.com/people/dorothy-dandridge-9542081#early-life

What makes her very pretty on the outside is that she is mixed with black, spanish, and native american. I draw attention to her to a brother the he never heard of her and when he saw the picture of her and he could not believe it and he told me that she can't be all black, I went home and did some more research on her and he was right, she is mix. She got her native american side from her mom. If you see a picture of her, you can see why. She had those features. But, the inside counts the most.

She was way before my time. Gorgeous Dorothy Dandridge was highly underated and way ahead of her time. For the era she played some very scandalous parts in 50's movies with Harry Belafonte.  And opened up a lot of doors for so many other actors.

I'm glad you brought this out about her scandalous parts. She didn't play 50 moves with Belafonte. A matter of fact, I learn last night that she didn't like wearing those skimpy clothes  and the movies she played in, It was a part of her job and being black it was very to get an act to get in to play movies. Not only that, she turn down movies because they want her to be a slave. It sad she play slezzy roles.

I might bring out, in Europe, they love her and treat her like a human being. I seen pictures of her eating with those who she act with especially with her so-called master in the movie Tamango.

A couple I used to know, when they were both still living, used to perform in the Cotton Club - when I knew them, I played in the orchestra at Conventions with them.

BTW - that wasn't that she was in 50 movies with HB but that she was in movies with him in the 1950's

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Before I learned the Truth, I had a birthday party for Rick while we were in LA.. We had several people their associated with the movie and music industry.  Freddie Washington,  drummer for Kenny Loggins, Natalie Wood's sister--such an interesting woman in her own right, Ray Davies--from George Clinton and the PFunk Alstars--later joined the Temptations after the passing away of some of the original members.  But the part everyone remembered was I hired a Columbo impersonator to crash the party and everyone thought he was the real deal.  He had Peter Faulk's character down to a T.  I had told him personal information about the guests and he made up stories based on what he gleaned from each one of them.  He came in his signature frumpy, wrinkled rain coat, cigar and hat and worked the room interrogating people as to how they knew the birthday guest.  It was amazing the talent this man possessed.  He would stop, cock his head to the side with his cigar up in the air and say "Excuse me sir, or miss--what ever the case may be--then continue I would like to ask you one more thing..."  My favortie party I ever gave.  That was 25 years ago and it seems like yesterday!.. 

But more than any actor, I want to meet the actress that could have had a huge career but turned it all down for Jehovah!  I want to tell her how much she did, and continues to inspire me years after her tragic death--our sister Teresa Graves--affectionately known as the "Bikini Girl" from Rowan and Martins Laugh-IN!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Before I learned the Truth, I had a birthday party for Rick while we were in LA.. We had several people their associated with the movie and music industry.  Freddie Washington,  drummer for Kenny Loggins, Natalie Wood's sister--such an interesting woman in her own right, Ray Davies--from George Clinton and the PFunk Alstars--later joined the Temptations after the passing away of some of the original members.  But the part everyone remembered was I hired a Columbo impersonator to crash the party and everyone thought he was the real deal.  He had Peter Faulk's character down to a T.  I had told him personal information about the guests and he made up stories based on what he gleaned from each one of them.  He came in his signature frumpy, wrinkled rain coat, cigar and hat and worked the room interrogating people as to how they knew the birthday guest.  It was amazing the talent this man possessed.  He would stop, cock his head to the side with his cigar up in the air and say "Excuse me sir, or miss--what ever the case may be--then continue I would like to ask you one more thing..."  My favortie party I ever gave.  That was 25 years ago and it seems like yesterday!.. 

Wow Leslie that would of been a fun party even as non B-day, just fun anyway. Very creative of you, great idea!!

Before I learned the Truth, I had a birthday party for Rick while we were in LA.. 

I love that story!

I met Claire Trevor once, I installed carpet in a room in her house in Newport Beach, she had pictures of John Wayne in the room..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm glad you brought this out about her scandalous parts. She didn't play 50 moves with Belafonte. A matter of fact, I learn last night that she didn't like wearing those skimpy clothes  and the movies she played in, It was a part of her job and being black it was very to get an act to get in to play movies. Not only that, she turn down movies because they want her to be a slave. It sad she play slezzy roles.

I might bring out, in Europe, they love her and treat her like a human being. I seen pictures of her eating with those who she act with especially with her so-called master in the movie Tamango.

I was blown off my feet by Dorothy Dandridge in Carmen Jones.  :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

agree with Jimmy Stewart comments above

others i would be interested to see again:

Clark Gable

Paul 'blue eyes' Newman

Michael Clark Duncan 

Bob Hope

Johnny Cash

others, it may be a bit funny to see them alive & learning the ways of the truth

just because of how they are remembered in their acting roles... 

Walter Mathau, Phyllis Diller, Maureen Stapleton, Leonard Nimoy

as for Whitney, her 1st song sung in church was 'Guide Me Thou Great God Jehovah'

... no doubt the Resurrection will be filled with much excitement and anticipation   :popcorn:

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16