JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I am enjoying watching the World Series.  It is too late here in UK to watch it live, but with Roku I can watch the next day "as live" not knowing the score.

As the Yankees are not involved this year I have been following Kansas City through the postseason (although I would have like the Cubs to have been there).

Game 1 was a real marathon - over 5 hours!  14 innings.

Just watching game 2 now.

Anyone else watching the series?

Yup...... I'm a huge baseball fan.  Rooting for the Mets because they have my favorite player and former Oakland A's player, Yoenis Cespedes.  I was born close to Oakland so I like the A's, Raiders, Warriors and Sharks.  Not many A's fans in Montana where I live but quite a few Raiders fans.  My Daughter and her husband went to the special convention in Sofia Bulgaria and the only sports jersey they saw outside of soccer (futball) was a Raiders jersey. 

Baseball is in the Bible... Gen 1:1 "In the big inning".

I loooooove PLAYING baseball, and I even enjoy watching a few games at our local ball field. ^_^ 

I just cannot bring myself to sit through professional baseball games on TV. :wacko: 

Way too much spitting and way too much practice pitching and practice swinging. :blink: 

Seems somebody is always 'warming up'. :D 

At least football players practice and warm up BEFORE the game, not during it. :D 

My hubby loves the game, though and provides a running play-by-play from the living room. ^_^ 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Not really interested so haven't watched.

However, I did think that, from what I remember, all the baseballs are the same size (I'm a huge baseball fan - Tommy)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Let's Go Oakland... Clap Clap ClapClapClap.

A side note from the "Who Cares Department"  Most Baseball Fans do the "Let's go (Insert team name here) Clap Clap ClapClapClap.  The only team that inserts their city name, not the team name is Oakland. And while I'm talking about who cares........ if you have ever watched the movie "Money Ball" with Brad Pitt, toward the end of the movie the Oakland A's win their 20th game in a row... Me, my wife and two girls were there.  After the game in the parking lot it was a chorus of  "Let's Go Oakland..... honk honk honkhonkhonk.

"It's hard not to be romantic about baseball" - Brad Pitt

I loooooove PLAYING baseball, and I even enjoy watching a few games at our local ball field. ^_^ 

I just cannot bring myself to sit through professional baseball games on TV. :wacko: 

Way too much spitting and way too much practice pitching and practice swinging. :blink: 

Seems somebody is always 'warming up'. :D 

At least football players practice and warm up BEFORE the game, not during it. :D 

My hubby loves the game, though and provides a running play-by-play from the living room. ^_^ 

I too like Football but......... They play for 15 seconds, stop for two minutes, play for 15 seconds, have a video replay for 10 minutes, take a timeout, play for 15 seconds, challenge that play (and get it wrong anyway), play for 15 seconds, stop for 5 minutes because somebody got hurt (again), play for 15 seconds AND THEN STOP FOR HALFTIME!  :blink:

No clock in baseball, both teams get to come to bat 9 times, they play in a "park" not a stadium, Players are from all over the world, North America, South America, Asia, Australia, South Africa and Europe,   and you can be short, tall, fat, skinny, young and old. The tickets are less money so you always see lots of Kids with their parents (at $200+ per ticket on football, not many kids).

I know, I know, I sound like a commercial for Baseball...... I really like football, I really like hockey, I enjoy an occasional basketball game but TO ME, baseball is the best sport.  You can either watch casually or follow closely. There, I'm done. :)

Of course, now there is no baseball to watch live until Spring Training. I wonder how many days away that is?

No more baseball - Clap Clap Clapclapclapclap

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~