JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

If Jesus came to your house... (forwarded)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3073 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If Jesus came to your house to spend a day or two, If he came unexpectedly, I wonder what you'd do? Oh, I know you'd give your nicest room to such an honored guest, And all the food you'd serve to him would be the very best. And you would keep assuring him you're glad to have him there, That serving him in your own home is a joy beyond compare. But when you saw him coming, would you meet him at the door With arms outstretched in welcome to your heavenly visitor? Or would you have to change your clothes before you let him in? Or hide some magazines and put the Bible where they'd been? Would you turn off the radio and hope he hadn't heard? And wish you hadn't uttered that last, loud, hasty word? Would you hide your worldly music and put some songbooks out? Could you let Jesus walk right in, or would you rush about? And I wonder--if the Savior spent a day or two with you, Would you go right on doing the things you always do? Would you go right on saying the things you always say? Would life for you continue as it does from day to day? Would you sing the songs you always sing, and read the books you read? And let him know the things on which your mind and spirit feed? Would you take Jesus with you everywhere you'd planned to go? Or would you, maybe, change your plans for just a day or so? Would you be glad to have him meet your very closest friends? Or would you hope they'd stay away until his visit ends? Would you be glad to have him stay forever on and on? Or would you sigh with great relief when he at last was gone? It might be interesting to know the things that you would do If Jesus Christ in person came to spend some time with you.

Sent from my C6802 using Tapatalk

This topic reminds me an experience we had before 8 months. Our circuit overseer organized a group of brothers to preach in Kalymnos island. This island is at Aegean Sea and the people there are deeply religious. It's a very difficult territory. Some brothers from our group were arrested because the priests said that we annoy their flock. At police station, on the wall, there was this picture: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_LPXsnGrtXAk/S22_Ti3eVII/AAAAAAAAAFo/NSQBdd1xcak/s1600-h/Εικόνα100.jpg

The brothers explained that we do nothing more than the same as the man in the picture does.

I wouldn't let him in until we went out in service. Who better to learn from. We just had a talk about learning from others presentations. I've always imagined what it would be like going out with Jesus. How would he approach people. Would he let that dog stop him from opening the gate? 

My first thought, how refreshing for Jesus to be recognized as a real individual. Then, my way of life. It sort of is what it is. He knows it all, already. Good, bad, indifferent. And, here, we live simple. Share what we have.

But the real treat would be would be to have the Head of the congregation visit our congregation, and go out in service with us. And, I do have to admit, that hour and a half drive, (round trip) would not be the burden it is for me now! I make extra effort to support the CO's visit...I would run the tires off my little car!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Questions, like what was the conversation like between you and your brother, James, after you were ressurected. As a result, he came into the truth. Strong. Then I would ask him to speak to my husband, and two of my grown children, not serving Jehovah. That would be the selfish starter, Then, maybe a meeting down at the tribal office. We could feed the community a good meal, then the miracle would be that the drug and alcohol abuse thing would be gone. They would be healed. And these poor people in it's grips would know what a vast wonderful miracle it is to serve Jehovah. Then, at the next meeting, our hall would overflow. That is just for starters!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!