JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

X-Men: Apocalypse - a deeply satanic undertone

Thanks for pointing this out, OP. I also noticed how the name "Jehovah" was treated in the new Batman/Superman movie. Seems as if this world is increasingly painting Him as an evil, slave-driving taskmaster who needs to be resisted and challenged.

I used to think these movies with these themes or messages were harmless. But think about how this would subtly influence people to fight during the GT. Something only seen in movies will become reality, and just like movies, humankind stood tall, fought, and defeated the alleged "invaders" of humanity. They will put their faith in their "arm of flesh" as portrayed in the movies, and believe they will come out victorious.

Again OP, this is something interesting to think about.

3 hours ago, Bob said:

Thanks for pointing this out, OP. I also noticed how the name "Jehovah" was treated in the new Batman/Superman movie. Seems as if this world is increasingly painting Him as an evil, slave-driving taskmaster who needs to be resisted and challenged.

I used to think these movies with these themes or messages were harmless. But think about how this would subtly influence people to fight during the GT. Something only seen in movies will become reality, and just like movies, humankind stood tall, fought, and defeated the alleged "invaders" of humanity. They will put their faith in their "arm of flesh" as portrayed in the movies, and believe they will come out victorious.

That kind of subtext is often found in movies even seemingly "harmless" ones like "Independence Day" or "Transformers" are all about a wicked extraterrestrial force that wants to destroy what we built or "reap" some kind of human energy and humanity needs to unite to fight that force. Not just movies, though. More and more best-selling blockbuster video games are about destroying God..

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

That kind of subtext is often found in movies even seemingly "harmless" ones like "Independence Day" or "Transformers" are all about a wicked extraterrestrial force that wants to destroy what we built or "reap" some kind of human energy and humanity needs to unite to fight that force. Not just movies, though. More and more best-selling blockbuster video games are about destroying God..

Yep. The subtle subconscious influence is the most dangerous.

People will act out what they recall seeing in these movies during the GT, in my opinion. You're right about some of the best-selling content end in God being killed.

Hollyweird has always had an anti-god agenda and yet they cast the so-called biggest celebrities in the hopes that the masses will want to see a movie because "So-and-so" is starring in this movie or that movie.  They just hope you enjoy it for entertainment purposes only and don't think too much about the underlying message they want to convey (i.e. atheistic, spiritism, gay themes, occult, etc.)

For me, ever since the character of Will Smith screamed the phrase: "There is no god!" ...into the face of a last known survivor in the movie "I Am Legend" that was for me the "straw that broke the camels back."  I stopped attending the cinema since then. 

• 4 weeks later...

Lol And I always liked nightcrawler because he reminds me of a  dragon with the pointy tale and whatever race mystique is :lol: I suppose most things  these days are gonna have undertones in them...That's why I have missed a few of the shows in this series, as the directors change the script to whatever is popular at the time...sigh..lol

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

26 minutes ago, cricket246 said:

Lol And I always liked nightcrawler because he reminds me of a  dragon with the pointy tale and whatever race mystique is :lol: I suppose most things  these days are gonna have undertones in them...That's why I have missed a few of the shows in this series, as the directors change the script to whatever is popular at the time...sigh..lol

Doesn't it seem like the worse shows/movies to watch seem to be the most interesting?

I mean, the movies with a lot of violence etc seems to have the best plots and holds the most interest. And people don't believe an intelligent being rules the world. You have to be pretty intelligent to make both work successfully from a wordly standpoint.

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, it seems a whole bunch of young brothers and sisters in my hall want to go see this one including an elder. Not my business, really, but it gave me an opportunity to sincerely question my wife's perfectionism, because she feels she is not mature. And we're both not, but we wouldn't go see such a film for entertainment purposes.

A question for y'all. What's worse? To go see this film just for entertainment, fully oblivious to the satanic undertone, or to purposefully watch it with the intent on seeing the hidden satanic propaganda?

I ask because the new independence day is coming out soon, and also a movie to the Assassins Creed games that I used to play. Assassins Creed had some of the most hardcore subliminal satanic undertones I ever saw. I'm just interested in the strategies he's using to prepare people for the Great Tribulation. Praemonitus, praemunitus, that type of thinking. But is it worse to do such a thing than to go into such a film completely oblivious of such content?

27 minutes ago, ChocoBro said:

A question for y'all. What's worse? To go see this film just for entertainment, fully oblivious to the satanic undertone, or to purposefully watch it with the intent on seeing the hidden satanic propaganda?

Well, I don't think its possible for anyone to split hairs in this fashion. People either are going to see the movie, or they're not. That's similar to people saying: "I don't celebrate Halloween for the demons, I do it for the children". Participating in something demonic is participating in something demonic. I am referring to my analogy as something "demonic", not the movie.

So I don't think one can be worse than the other.

Edited by Bob

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 11:09 AM, ChocoBro said:

So yeah, it seems a whole bunch of young brothers and sisters in my hall want to go see this one including an elder. Not my business, really, but it gave me an opportunity to sincerely question my wife's perfectionism, because she feels she is not mature. And we're both not, but we wouldn't go see such a film for entertainment purposes.

I ask because the new independence day is coming out soon, and also a movie to the Assassins Creed games that I used to play. Assassins Creed had some of the most hardcore subliminal satanic undertones I ever saw. I'm just interested in the strategies he's using to prepare people for the Great Tribulation. Praemonitus, praemunitus, that type of thinking. But is it worse to do such a thing than to go into such a film completely oblivious of such content?

Forewarned, is forearmed. Let your conscience be your guide works for me.

Edited by MizPeg

mis-spell

• 6 months later...

It's a matter of personal choice.
Also some are more sensitive then others.
Some not so...

And either should not impose their veiw on the other..

The society always said to be loving and mindful of one another's veiws and feelings...

Some of us have left lifestyles or perhaps have weaknesses that perhaps make us shy from some forms of entertainment or even music or dance or the like.
And there is no shame in this.

Others may be more at ease with things.

It's all in one's own limitations and ability and within what one can do towards keeping Jehovah's guidelines in matters of personal choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

On 12/1/2016 at 4:14 AM, Bakerrue221 said:

It's a matter of personal choice.
Also some are more sensitive then others.
Some not so...

And either should not impose their veiw on the other..

The society always said to be loving and mindful of one another's veiws and feelings...

Some of us have left lifestyles or perhaps have weaknesses that perhaps make us shy from some forms of entertainment or even music or dance or the like.
And there is no shame in this.

Others may be more at ease with things.

It's all in one's own limitations and ability and within what one can do towards keeping Jehovah's guidelines in matters of personal choice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I chose not to see the movie myself, although this a genre of movie that I have always enjoyed.  But I certainly would not be judgemental of others who chose to go see it.