JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

X-Men: Apocalypse - a deeply satanic undertone

I've seen Satan pull this stunt off many a time, sometimes more subtly, sometimes more bluntly. Jehovah is actually a bad guy who wants to destroy the earth and mankind, you see. Satan and his minions to the rescue! Once you've tuned your antenna to it, you'll start seeing this pattern in a lot of media, but like I said, real subliminally like in "Pleasantville"

With X-Men Apocalypse, the undertone is far more obvious.

Seems the villain in this one is a powerful mutant who has been known from the dawn of mankind under names such as "Ra" or "Yahweh". He plans to wipe out humanity for the benefit of the mutants. It is really dark. Watch the trailer or just take my word for it.

Yes i see the theme of an "alien' force coming and the world needs to rise up to defend itself.  Its not hard to see the logic of brain washing people to rise up and fight Christ when he manifests himself and the kingdom.  I don't think people would honestly fight Christ and the creator knowingly.  But the scary part is is that their may be persons who worship the devil and are spiritistic in their practices and they actually know they are fighting Christ and Jehovah but don't care.

Yes it's Satan numbing the senses, he is giving them a false sense of empowerment, they think they can face anything that comes, and will stand in defiance to Jehovah, until they realise their destruction is eminent.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Yes it's Satan numbing the senses, he is giving them a false sense of empowerment, they think they can face anything that comes, and will stand in defiance to Jehovah, until they realise their destruction is eminent.

Yes but also a sense of importance of the system's status quo, that it is worth defending and fighting for, that any higher power coming to destroy wickedness and create "something better" as mentioned in the trailer is overstepping it's rights and authority by forcing its decisions on the human race, which is supposedly quite capable of dealing with its problems by itself.

Yes i see the theme of an "alien' force coming and the world needs to rise up to defend itself.  Its not hard to see the logic of brain washing people to rise up and fight Christ when he manifests himself and the kingdom.  I don't think people would honestly fight Christ and the creator knowingly.  But the scary part is is that their may be persons who worship the devil and are spiritistic in their practices and they actually know they are fighting Christ and Jehovah but don't care.

What drives such people is mainly pride and self-importance. Jehovah elevates the humble, so the proud and power hungry can develop a tendency to feel attracted to Satan, who promises to empower those that want to empower themselves. This stuff is found in a lot of gnostic ideas, linked to all sorts of ways of thinking from the Kabbala, Scientology to everyday humanism.

Humanism is a philosophical and ethical stance that emphasizes the value and agency of human beings, individually and collectively

I remember distinctly in the movie "Devil's own" where Al Pacino plays Satan the Devil, he says he is "the greatest humanist ever to walk the earth", and though this statement struck me as a lie back when I saw it, there is some truth to it, since Satan has always wanted humans to put too much value on themselves, worship themselves, decide for themselves etc. So you might say it is a humanist mindset that drives a lot of these pseudo-apocalyptic movies like "Transformers" or "Independence Day", and in the end, the origin of this humanist mindset is Satan himself.

I saw them too and didnt think that they were even the slightest bit bent in the way this movie is. The fact that they used Jehovah's name to name this creature is pushing the limits in my book. I Won't be seeing it at all. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I was reading a bit about this film. We are not the only ones outraged by having Yahweh as the villain. Several groups from Christendom have complained, as well as some Hindus (he says something like: "I’ve been called many things over many lifetimes. Ra. Krishna. Yahweh.").

It seems very poor commercial judgment to put hundreds of thousands of followers against you by offending their religious beliefs in such a gratuitous way. They must have realized this too late, because in an interview with someone involved in the movie, I don't remember who, he said "The fact that he calls himself God doesn't mean he is the true God."

"The fact that he calls himself God doesn't mean he is the true God."

Haha nice try.

The joke is they probably really didn't mean to discredit the Almighty with this movie. But that doesn't mean somebody else isn't also behind the movie, working from the shadows, who did in fact intend for this to be written between the lines. I don't think the makers of movies like this or video-games like Assassins Creed (which has one of the most Satanic / Luciferic undertones, by the way) actually intend for these pieces of entertainment to actually serve as satanic propaganda. But being driven by the spirit of the world, of course, they are prone to ending up propagating it whether they intended it or not.

He even had a long pointy tail like Christendom's version of Satan.

At first I thought you meant the "Nightcrawler", who has a long pointy tail and can teleport, but is otherwise just an ugly deformed guy. 

But I know who you mean, and I vaguely remember the character showing up on the last X-Men film where they attack the mansion or something like that. His name is "Azazel"

AZAZEL

(A·zaʹzel) [Goat That Disappears].

The word “Azazel” occurs four times in the Bible, in regulations pertaining to Atonement Day.—Le 16:8, 10, 26.

The etymology of this word is disputed. If we hold to the spelling in the Hebrew Masoretic text, ʽazaʼ·zelʹ seems to be a combination of two root words meaning “goat” and “disappear.” Thus the meaning “Goat That Disappears.” According to another derivation, based on the belief that there has been a transposition of two consonants, it means “Strength of God.” The Latin Vulgate renders the Hebrew word as caper emissarius, that is, “the emissary goat,” or “the scapegoat.” And the Greek expression used in the Septuagint means “the one carrying away (averting) evil.”

- Insight Book

Wikipedia says "In some traditions of Judaism and Christianity, it is the name for a fallen angel.", apparently particularly the 7th Day Adventists.

Concerning the X-Men character Azazel, Wikipedia says

Azazel claims that many years ago an ancient horde of demonic humanoid mutants from biblical times called the Neyaphem were in an epic battle with a group of angelic xenophobic mutants, named the Cheyarafim. The Cheyarafim were victorious in the battle and banished the "demons" to an alternate dimension for all eternity. The Neyaphem's leader, Azazel, was the only one who was able to breach the dimensional void for brief periods of time due to his teleportation powers. His only hope to return to Earth was by impregnating women because his children are linked to his dimension

They didn't go into the character backstory to this depth in the film, but apparently this weird stuff is in the comics.

• 1 month later...
On Monday, December 14, 2015 at 9:14 AM, ChocoBro said:

At first I thought you meant the "Nightcrawler", who has a long pointy tail and can teleport, but is otherwise just an ugly deformed guy. 

But I know who you mean, and I vaguely remember the character showing up on the last X-Men film where they attack the mansion or something like that. His name is "Azazel"

Wikipedia says "In some traditions of Judaism and Christianity, it is the name for a fallen angel.", apparently particularly the 7th Day Adventists.

Concerning the X-Men character Azazel, Wikipedia says

They didn't go into the character backstory to this depth in the film, but apparently this weird stuff is in the comics.

That is exactly who I meant. Thank you. I stopped watching them from that character onwards.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Movies like these is the reason why I made a conscientious decision years ago to stop spending my money on the cinema.  Hollyweird producers take dramatic license with Biblical-themed movies like  "The Exodus", "Noah",  "Passion of the Christ", etc.,  that unfairly portray Jehovah as mean-spirited, cold, and Jesus Christ as weak and frail, etc. (One Hollyweird executive director admitted that he took liberties with the film "Noah" and, when prompted by journalists, he further replied that: "I don't care about the actual account in the Old Testament, this is how I see it."

SMH...my eyes are wide open. :mellow:

My favorite movies now are old classics, pbs and nature films (for free I might add.)

Edited by Omo_Yeme

• 2 months later...
On 1/24/2016 at 1:50 AM, Omo_Yeme said:

Hollyweird producers

On 1/24/2016 at 1:50 AM, Omo_Yeme said:

Hollyweird executive director

Hollyweird?  Good one.

I finally got around to watching the trailer and I see what you mean.  I have to tell my son about this.  The movie avatar had a female deity that was a little too close to the name Yahweh for my son.