JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Gas prices

3 hours ago, RaymondG said:

It's funny that...

As you step up to many urinals in the US you are told that it's a one gallon = 3.9 ;iter (sic) flush!

3.785 it is, then.

And by the way, the dearest US fuel I struck (87 octane, of course) during my last trip was in mid-July along the Sierra Nevada and getting close to Yosemite, $5 per US gallon. I had seen dearer in Canada, of course.

You are surprised that Urinals - probably made in China or Mexico - have wrong info on them! :eek:  Then again many Yanks can not count nor spell neither.:deadhorse:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

When I bought the car I currently drive (20 years ago) it cost me a whole 9.00 to fill it up with mid-grade fuel.  At the height of the gas price hikes it cost over 40.00 to fill (I always refilled it when it got to half a tank so I wouldn't know the full cost of filling the tank) with mid-grade.  Now gas is as cheap as it was in 1999.  i remember that because just before my mother died she complained about the price of gas (at the time it was 1.32 a gallon) and she thought that was HORRIBLE!  When I first started driving, gas was about .55 cents a gallon and I remember going to New York, via Canada and paying about that much per litre and thinking "I'm glad we don't live in Canada!"

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2016 at 8:44 AM, Peanuts said:

Is that good or bad compared to what you normally pay?

gallons confuse me, all our prices are in litres. Currently it's about £1 a litre here, so I guess that's about US$1.5 

Think of a gallon as almost 4 liters.  That may help.

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, RaymondG said:

I gather prices are going up a bit, or have been over the last month or so...

What's the latest with that?

I would like to say it is because they can, but it appears there are economic reasons for the rise, at least here in the US.

http://www.nj.com/traffic/index.ssf/2016/03/gas_prices_are_on_the_march_to_top_2_a_gallon_here.html

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.