JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Idaho lawmakers to consider faith healing bill

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2964 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

BOISE - The Senate Health and Welfare Committee may soon consider a bill that would amend religious exemptions for faith healing, but not take them all away.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/capitol-watch/faith-healing-bill-on-the-table/43494271

I wonder if this bill would include us with regard to blood transfusions?

Edited by mserskine

8 hours ago, mserskine said:

BOISE - The Senate Health and Welfare Committee may soon consider a bill that would amend religious exemptions for faith healing, but not take them all away.

http://www.ktvb.com/news/local/capitol-watch/faith-healing-bill-on-the-table/43494271

I wonder if this bill would include us with regard to blood transfusions?

Isn't that already the case when the State deals with Jehovah's Witness children?  They already take our children away and force blood on them.  I'm sure it boils down to case by case basis, but it seems more often than not our rights as parents are suspended and blood is forced upon our children.

It's hard to explain that refusal of blood transfusions is not a belief in faith healing.  It is just our endeavor to follow the laws set out in the bible.  Fortunately, more and more evidence is coming out that blood transfusions are not as safe or as necessary as previously thought.

I recently had an issue with blood come up regarding my daughter. one of three doctors I was dealing with said he couldn't  withhold blood if it became necessary. I tried discussing substitute/alternatives with him. He looked at me puzzled and said "there are no substitutes or alternatives." At that point I realized I didn't want this doctor operating. This was not an emergency...a has to be done now situation. Nor was it very likely blood would even be needed. 

I told him I respected his feelings but I'll be taking her elsewhere....

anyway at that point the head surgeon came in who was very nice and understood everything perfectly. I signed the appropriate papers etc.  Surgery went off without a hitch.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.