JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meeting in UN on P & S....

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2873 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

... I feel like pulling an A. H. McMillan on May 8 and announce this will be the last public talk I give because the UN thematic debates begin in two days ... 😁 might be my last public talk anyway if I make that announcement regardless of what happens

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I didn't mention that this is my last talk or these debates in my talk but I did encourage the congregation I visited today in the concluding prayer to continue to endure because we will soon witness the sanctification of Jehovah's name and vindication of his sovereignty!

8 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I didn't mention that this is my last talk or these debates in my talk but I did encourage the congregation I visited today in the concluding prayer to continue to endure because we will soon witness the sanctification of Jehovah's name and vindication of his sovereignty! emoji6.pngemoji106.png

Soon!

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I don't know yet but I have a feeling that the acceptance of all will include some kind of sexual orientation issue as well. I'm pretty sure if it is prophetic fulfillment that it means things will get more difficult for us and not easier. So maybe they will feel that our approaching other people with our beliefs is a form of coercion and they won't want us to do this anymore. But I could be wrong it's just a possibility only.

How important are these meetings? Are we really expecting something from them?

It looks like just more 'talk' to me...

http://www.exchangemagazine.com/morningpost/2016/week19/Tuesday/16051005.htm

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yes! I'm interested in what they are trying to accomplish, again also. Is the meeting set up for establishing an international agreement or something like that? They just seem to talk constantly and yet there is no progression on peace and security announcements or plans.

36 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

How important are these meetings? Are we really expecting something from them?

It looks like just more 'talk' to me...

http://www.exchangemagazine.com/morningpost/2016/week19/Tuesday/16051005.htm

Oh just read this board.  Every thought or comment about "Peace and Security" is heralded as potentially being the actual cry.  

31 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Oh just read this board.  Every thought or comment about "Peace and Security" is heralded as potentially being the actual cry.  

Edited by Mykyl

On 4/19/2016 at 5:16 PM, dilip kumar said:

High-level Thematic Debate on UN, Peace and Security http://www.un.org/pga/70/events/hltd-peace-and-security/#.VxV4K0M8cOE.whatsapp

Is it over?

Was there anything important?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Brother Pavlos,

I agree 110%.  I have thought, for a long time, that just maybe...something super BIG....is being planned by Isis.  They are always upping the ante...that is

their modus operandi!  Time will tell...but one thing we do know for sure...per God's word....Jehovah is in control.

Matt 24:44 "On this account, you too prove yourselves ready, because the Son of man is

coming at an hour that you do not think to be it.'

Revelation 17 : 16 And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 

The Great Tribulation starts with the destruction of Babylon the Great, with "Peace & Security" being proclaimed or called for at around the same time, right?

So if Jehovah is the one who puts the thought into their hearts, it does not depend on any big event, but it will happen when Jehovah wants it to happen.

Nothing more than talks, talks, talks.... :sleeping:

I think that it must be something huge (for example an impressive terror attack)  to wake them up and realize that these talks must be transformed in action. 

ISIS was "direspectful" to the UN meetings with those car bombings. in Baghdad!

Wrong emoji popped up... Not a laughing matter

Revelation 17 : 16 And the ten horns that you saw and the wild beast, these will hate the prostitute and will make her devastated and naked, and they will eat up her flesh and completely burn her with fire. 17 For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought, yes, to carry out their one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished. 

The Great Tribulation starts with the destruction of Babylon the Great, with "Peace & Security" being proclaimed or called for at around the same time, right?

So if Jehovah is the one who puts the thought into their hearts, it does not depend on any big event, but it will happen when Jehovah wants it to happen.

The July 2016 study edition states that the Peace and security cry is from Satan... So the destruction of prostitute will be on Jehovah's timetable... How soon after peace and security cry or cries is up to Jehovah... I'm letting y'all know I'm watching the clock from yesterday's closing UN Peace meetings to the breakout of the GT... We know the season! See 1 Thessalonians 5:1-11

7 hours ago, blue-jay said:

Peace and Security is first.  The religions of the world will be on hand to witness the cry.  Then, after the cry, the Great Tribulation begins with the destruction of Babylon the Great.

The "one thought" Jehovah puts in their hearts is not to cry peace and security.  The "one thought" comes after the cry.

I realize that it is the thought about Babylon the Great Jehovah puts  in their hearts.

But where was it (not Bible, but magazine) where it said that it might happen so close to "Peace & Security", that it might even happen at the same time?

So I figured: Jehovah has the date for what he will do already in mind. Then to me it doesn't make sense that what happens just before that (or even simultaneously) is triggered by a big event.

But I guess it's possible too. Because Jehovah would know about that also. 

15 minutes ago, blue-jay said:

But where was it (not Bible, but magazine) where it said that it might happen so close to "Peace & Security", that it might even happen at the same time?

The Watchtower said some events may overlap,  which makes sense.  Historical events aren't always linear. 

1 hour ago, Samira said:

A speaker mentioned in his talk that it reads:

"Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!”

......saying....not screaming, not shouting.......only "saying"

maybe it will not be as  spectacular as we expected???

It has to be different than now,  because we are still awaiting fulfillment.