JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

NPR on Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2882 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just got in the house and my hubby had NPR on.  

This news article was playing:

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2016/05/17/476898973/russias-jehovahs-witnesses-fight-extremist-label-possible-ban

gettyimages-498240040_custom-b2aa3922966

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Well, it was an interesting piece for sure.  Anyone who knows a bit about us would be shaking their heads that the ones wanting to restrict our worship and activities see us as extremist.

A former priest and now "academic" said he "regards the organization as a cult that restricts its followers' human rights, because members may not vote, run for public office or serve in the military. That, he says, means the group doesn't respect the constitution of the country and raises questions about whether it deserves legal religious status.

"The court will decide," he says, "but I think from the point of view of the attorney general, those questions are quite legitimate."".

They just have no idea of what the Jesus said on these things, do they?

No .  . They have no idea what it means to be a follower of Jesus.

I appreciate the Russian speaking brother, in English, say: "Who doesn't believe their religion is the true one? Otherwise, you would be practicing a false religion".

Also appreciated the sister (in Russian) say that if the government makes the meetings and the ministry illegal "This is something we cannot obey. In fact, we will do even more".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, KEEP FIGHTING said:

Russian Supreme Court bans Jehovah’s Witnesses branch

http://rapsinews.com/judicial_news/20160609/276279094.html

May Jehovahs Kingdom come.

I'm so sorry...but I cannot read this without wanting to puke:

"...encouraging believers to break from their families, inciting suicide and preventing believers from accepting medical assistance..."

I am saying a prayer for our fellow worshippers as we speak. Thanks for sharing.