JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Complete The Following Sentence

2 hours ago, Precision said:

Lets see Sandra, Its a wild guess, here goes...arugula, Italian parsley, cilantro, rosemary, leeks/green onions, ajos, chiles y apio, y cebollas...

That’s unfair, Michael. You can’t just make up names!  😀

My guesses would include: rocket, parsley, coriander, thyme, spring onion, celery, garlic, bird’s eye chili, jalapeno, shallot and red chilies.

Hey Bro. Christopher, How you been ?

I was thinking about you the other day. While trying to find a tune to post on Jacks Christian jukebox music thread. And after watching the lineup and listening to the Monterey pop festival, I recognized your buddy Captain Beafheart.

If you have a chance,  chime in and post some of your favorite songs, :poke: 

Sorry Sandra I am so :offtopic:  What are those little red funny looking fruits or veggies in the top left corner?  Another wild guess... Persimmons or red tomatillos ?

Edited by Precision

14 hours ago, Precision said:

Sorry Sandra I am so :offtopic:  What are those little red funny looking fruits or veggies in the top left corner?  Another wild guess... Persimmons or red tomatillos ?

Thanks Michael!

Well brother, if you sometimes like your meals with a little "kick" like I do, I'd add a couple of habanero peppers.  They are 🔥!

This weekend I'll be preparing chicken stew using some of the marinade. Here is a photo of the blended herbs & vegetables in a small container topped with olive oil to preserve the flavors. (The aroma of the blended herbs are wonderful!) :)

20210120_005502.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

• 2 weeks later...

I sure do miss the get-togethers as well. Our summer picnics were a smorgasbord of ethnic delights (Thai and Indian curries, Caribbean, African rice and local cuisine.)

I was inspired to make this homemade jar of garlic-ginger paste today using 1 cup of garlic cloves, half-cup fresh ginger slices and EVOO to preserve its' freshness.  I'll be using it for my vegetable and meat stir-fries and curries the coming days & weeks.  (It smells heavenly!) :)

20210130_001541.jpg

20210130_001515.jpg

Edited by Omoyeme

Are there any saffron connoisseurs out there?

I'm adding more aromatics to my spice collection and have been wanting to incorporate saffron in my meal preparations. I made a small purchase this week of 1 gram, but now I'm concerned if this is the genuine colour.  (Besides, the aroma is not so appealing.) What do you think? Do you have any suggestions of which companies offer real saffron? :)

20210205_071429.jpg

I thought this thread was about a word game and so I’ve been missing all these great food posts!!!

Those sauces look yum!  I keep meaning to make a sofrito to have on hand. 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/11/2017 at 2:27 AM, Omoyeme said:

Oh!..for the love of 15 lemons! 

Any ideas?

20170211_014506.jpg

A friend sent this to me recently, so please...eat your lemons! :) 🍋🍋

Therapeutic Compounds

* Alpha Pinenes

* Beta Pinenes

* D-Limonene

KEY BENEFITS

* Helps purify the body

* Freshens breath

* Aids in cough suppression

* Supports fat digestion 

* Fights cancer

* Stimulates lymphatic drainage

* Promotes weight loss

AMAZING FROZEN LEMONS

Place the washed lemon in the freezer.
Once frozen, get your grater, and shred the whole lemon (no need to peel it) and sprinkle it on your foods! 
On vegetables, salads, ice cream, soup, cereals, noodles, spaghetti sauce, rice, sushi, fish dishes, ... the list is endless. 

All the foods will get an unexpected wonderful taste!

Most likely, you only think of lemon juice as vitamin C?--Not anymore!

What's the major advantage of using the whole lemon other than

preventing waste and adding new taste to your dishes? 

Lemon peels contain as much as 5 to 10 times more vitamins than the lemon juice itself and that's what you've been wasting!

Lemon peels are health rejuvenators in eradicating toxic elements in the body. 

The surprising benefits of lemon is the miraculous ability to kill cancer cells! It is 10,000 times stronger than chemotherapy!

Why do we not know about that?  Because there are laboratories interested in making a synthetic version that will bring them huge profits. 

You can now help a friend in need by letting him/her know that lemon juice is beneficial in helping to prevent disease.   Its' taste is pleasant and it does not produce the horrific effects of chemotherapy. 

This plant is a proven remedy against cancers of all types.

It is considered also as an anti-microbial spectrum against bacterial infections and fungi, effective against internal parasites and worms, 
it regulates blood pressure and is  an antidepressant, combats stress and nervous disorders. 

The source of this information is fascinating: it comes from one of the largest drug manufacturers in the world. After more than 20 laboratory tests since 1970, the extracts revealed that It destroys the malignant cells in 12 cancers, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas.  The compounds of this tree showed 10,000 times better effect than the product Adriamycin, a drug normally used chemotherapeutic in the world, slowing the growth of cancer cells.
And what is even more astonishing: this type of therapy with lemon extract only destroys malignant cancer cells and it does not affect healthy cells.

So, give those lemons a good wash, freeze them and grate them. Your whole body will love you for it! 🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋🍋

• 2 months later...

And always remember to get your daily dose of "greens".

Screenshot_20210607-001355_DuckDuckGo.jpg

And the earth began to produce grass, seed-bearing plants and trees yielding fruit along with seed, according to their kinds. Then God saw that it was good. - Gen. 1:12.

Screenshot_20210607-001653_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Screenshot_20210607-001839_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Some of my favorites: spinach, Swiss chard, arugula! What are yours? :)

Edited by Omoyeme

• 2 years later...