JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2761 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I saw Brother Losche deliver "Let your Light Shine" in the studio..It was a talk with illustrations, but no videos..and no mention of the August Broadcast..maybe just part of the presentation, or just different? I didn't get it thru the link posted in this thread...I went to JW Broadcasting and saw it next to the July broadcast..different, but good info...:)

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

15 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

I saw Brother Losche deliver "Let your Light Shine" in the studio..It was a talk with illustrations, but no videos..and no mention of the August Broadcast..maybe just part of the presentation, or just different? I didn't get it thru the link posted in this thread...I went to JW Broadcasting and saw it next to the July broadcast..different, but good info...:)

That came out a while ago I think.

15 minutes ago, SUNRAY said:

That was the main talk on the October 2015 broadcast.

Is it possible that the files are loaded in a different location due to the move?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I thought I was late for spiritual breakfast ! LOL^_^

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

23 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is it possible that the files are loaded in a different location due to the move?

What would the link be if they are using  akamaihd to host the file?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

28 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

What would the link be if they are using  akamaihd to host the file?

9 minutes ago, Daniela said:

Please, could someone answer to Richard's question? :praying:

The link is for the download template, which has the 4 resolutions of the file (240p, 360p, 480p, 720p). The individual files are the ones hosted on Akamai servers.

Just now, richietj77 said:

The link is for the download template, which has the 4 resolutions of the file (240p, 360p, 480p, 720p). The individual files are the ones hosted on Akamai servers.

I'm sure that someone understands what you said..

Do you mean that the link we have should still work?

Just now, Tortuga said:

I'm sure that someone understands what you said..

Do you mean that the link we have should still work?

Yes, the link still works.

Sorry for using tech terminology too much... Here's a better explanation:

Every video file is produced in 4 different resolutions. Why? If you're streaming that video, maybe it will start at the best resolution (720p), but if your internet connection speed changes and gets slower, automatically the system changes the video file that is showing to you for a lower resolution file (480p, 360p, 240p) and continue to show you the video in that resolution so you don't get stuck on a part of the video when streaming it.

The link here show us those 4 files used for the video. But if everyone starts downloading the same file, it could overcrowd the Bethel system. So that's why the files gets copied in other systems that are from a company called Akamai, (which specializes in this) and you get a final link from their system (with the akamaihd address) that may be near your country.

Hope it helps this explanation.

May take  a while for USA .

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible