JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

August Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2788 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The incognito worked for Chrome .:superman:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

So glad for you. Still waiting for the Romanian... :uhhuh: 

Or... because of my patience problem... I'll start to watch the English first. .. :D

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

Wow, 10 years {planning and investigation) into meeting consolidation! Tms, service and book (Bible) study. Very encouraging! (:P)

Edited by AH173

Additional information

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

She fell for him! Lol 

2 hours ago, juliansan said:

How can I download in my own language? I put "Portuguese" and Download, but the audio is in Albanian...

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come now powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

I liked the part about Metropolitan Cart work in San Francisco, I know several of the friends they interviewed. The SO of my congregation and his wife are on the video, she was interviewed while sitting with a sister, I worked out in service with the two sisters last week. Another brother and his  wife were shown, he takes care of the Pioneer School meals so we'll see them in a couple of weeks when the Pioneer Schools start. I know the sister in the background when they were talking about ASL, she volunteers at the AH and we worked on the HVAC together last week. Pretty cool...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 hours ago, richietj77 said:

Love and waiting for the whole Brs. Malenfant interview.

In 2012 Bro Malenfant did the graduation for the Spanish Bible School for Christian Couples Class #7 and he did the Morning Worship and the graduation in Spanish, now I know why he was so fluent..

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

7 hours ago, molnarj said:

I remember that last month was also later then usual.

Last month's broadcast was available as of Monday, July 4 at 3:26 AM (Eastern Time). The August program wasn't uploaded until Monday, August 1 at 9:42 AM! That's a lot later than usual. Sorry you all had to wait so long... (not that I have any influence over it) :shutup:

But now you can enjoy your meal! :eat:

Oh yes, I almost forgot! :oops: This month's broadcast also included a new original song, Our Thanks Go to You. There is a listenable mp3 version of that song included in my extremely small collection of songs, in here. Also in that collection are the song from July's broadcast (which hasn't yet been uploaded to JW Broadcasting in mp3), and the song from the Family Interviews video.

I am listening to it right now!!

Didn't get to the longer interview with the Malefants yet, but I will get to it.  It was amazing how

encouraging comments by others in their lives led them to choose a life of increasing service.

Shows how important it is to encourage each other.

The two courting young people account addressed a lot of the things that a post here that I made reference to.

Great to see Brother Splane in "teaching mode"  - he does it so well.  His talk reminded me of

an article where the process that the GB use to make decisions is explained.  Heard of that fleece (apparently Gideon's) test before?  That may have been used in a yearbook experience.

Still no Song 151...wonder if they will wait for the annual meeting..?

4 hours ago, Ivine said:

How can I download in my own language? I put "Portuguese" and Download, but the audio is in Albanian...

I think we must wait, there's some quality available already in portuguese, but no 720p.

1 hour ago, dvds said:

I think we must wait, there's some quality available already in portuguese, but no 720p.

I'm also waiting for the best quality to download. It is strange that time out in 720p quality.

Edited by Araujo JW

59 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

WOW, What a fantastic program for August!  Goes along with our Regional Convention Theme!   Hope those who get an invitation will go to the convention, it is something not to miss!  

Yeah, and I liked how he explained how we can defend Jehovah. If anyone doesn't need defending, its Him, but I appreciate how we can defend our God.

I always think about how open dissent and opposition is epitomized by Korah and Co. Some people reason that they're not opposing God, but the men that serve in the capacity of Elder when this happens. But that's a contradiction. You cannot oppose those whom God appoints without opposing him, while trying to artificially separate the appointee from the appointer. Opposing my delegation is opposing me.

That account about Korah makes that crystal clear.

Edited by Bob

6 hours ago, juliansan said:

I liked the morning worship part where Bro. Splane explains how the GB makes decisions.

...and I also appreciated how some have to look at the whole organization and not just their own backyards when decisions are made. 

The waiting on Jehovah part of was nice too. When Jesus said something they did not agree with, they all immediately left, without waiting for an explanation, and missed out on the potential of being one of the 144,000. Shame if we were to miss out on Paradise because of a mere disagreement. 

Edited by Bob

I especially loved the morning worship section and learning how long it takes the GB to make changes.  The fleece test is something I have used personally in making decisions. It always seems to work.  I also really enjoyed the the experience of sister Cora? and her rodeo family.  Actually, the whole program was amazing.  How hard the brothers work to feed us. Matthew 24v25

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Lyrics to August JW Broadcast original song:

Our Thanks Go To You

When I cannot find
Any peace of mind,
You will listen.
My thanks go to you.

When troubles arise
Whatever the size,
For your answers,
Our thanks go to you.

We need not be anxious over anything.
You'll guard our hearts and our thoughts,
If we continue having trust in you 
To give us peace of mind when life is unkind.

For our welfare,
Our thanks go to you.

All the loyal
Find you loyal, too.

For your care,
All our thanks go to you.

I couldn't understand half the song, so I watched with the CC on and copied the lyrics  down--word for word.^_^

I love that it was the orchestra members that sent us a special greeting this month.:D

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif