JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2743 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

20 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Thank you, Mike! Is it computer translation? I read the article in Russian and didn't read the English text carefully. Of course, the policemen were hurting the brothers. In my opinion it is better not use a computer as an interpreter.

I'm guessing that it was a computer translation before. Of course due to where we are in the stream of time we shouldn't really be shocked by whats happening there or elsewhere in the world.

I just hope it doesn't have to go on for any length of time for you folks.

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

Sorry guys, didn't mean to confuse anyone <3

Oh you didn't confuse me. I knew it was bad for the brothers. It just read strange. That's the only reason for checking it out. If you had not drawn attention to it I would not have known those sad details. Thank you for helping keep us informed.

On 8/7/2016 at 8:56 PM, Victoria said:

How terrible! That is why I ask you all to pray for us so that we could respect the policemen who do such things. Fortunately I never saw policemen behave like that but I know that they can do what they want. It will be very difficult to punish them no matter what they do. That is why I am terribly scared when I see a policeman .

Hi Victoria. I see you have mentioned that same point a couple of times in your recent posts: It can be a test to keep our respect for the police under these circumstances. We were just reminded in a recent Watchtower to continue having and showing proper respect for those having authority over us. You really drove the point of that article home in a way I had never even thought of! Thank you so much. Even when you are under trial in your locality in Russia—in a way that most of us may never be—you are still an encouraging example to us! May Jehovah bless you for that.

8 hours ago, Sheep said:

Hi Victoria. I see you have mentioned that same point a couple of times in your recent posts: It can be a test to keep our respect for the police under these circumstances. We were just reminded in a recent Watchtower to continue having and showing proper respect for those having authority over us. You really drove the point of that article home in a way I had never even thought of! Thank you so much. Even when you are under trial in your locality in Russia—in a way that most of us may never be—you are still an encouraging example to us! May Jehovah bless you for that.

Thank you very much brother Eric! 

• 2 weeks later...

Friday 19 August 2016

RUSSIA: ANTI-SHARING BELIEFS LAW FIRST USE

Less than four weeks after Russia's legal amendments restricting sharing beliefs came into force, a Judge acquitted Vadim Sibiryev on 15 August in

the first attempted prosecution. Anti-extremism police had charged Hare Krishna devotee Sibiryev for offering religious books on the streets of

Cherkessk.

RUSSIA: ANTI-SHARING BELIEFS LAW FIRST USE

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2209

By Victoria Arnold, Forum 18

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

34 minutes ago, Adelin said:

https://jw-russia.org/

any russian speaker  .....   is this website available in english as well?   what is it about?

Using google translate;

Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia "will appeal against a court warning about the inadmissibility of extremist activity rendered Deputy Prosecutor General of the Russian Federation. Prevention of concern as threatened closure of the Administrative Center. July 18, 2016 at the first hearing at the Tverskoy District Court of Moscow was attended by representatives of foreign embassies as observers.

The Court held a discussion with the parties and appointed the main hearing on 23 September 2016. It will be held at the following address: ul. Color Blvd., 25A, beginning at 9:00. The case was heard Judge Maria Moskalenko.

17 hours ago, Adelin said:

https://jw-russia.org/

any russian speaker  .....   is this website available in english as well?   what is it about?

As far as I know it is in English only. It is an official website of JWs in Russia. Don't you have similar website in  your country? It tells news about JWs in different parts of Russia. BTW the article February 5 is about what I saw with my own eyes.

1 hour ago, Victoria said:

As far as I know it is in English only. It is an official website of JWs in Russia. Don't you have similar website in  your country? It tells news about JWs in different parts of Russia. BTW the article February 5 is about what I saw with my own eyes.

I guess you meant "only in russian".

No, such a website is available only for Russia, it seems. Maybe it's because jw.org doesn't work for you.

Edited by Adelin

" Indeed, what do you have that you did not receive ? "

Sorry! It is early morning here. The website is only in Russian. I don't know why we have this website. We had it when our official website was not forbidden . Some articles are available in English in our worldwide website. jw-russia contains no publications, only news and as far as I remember answers some questions about JWs.

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

Sorry! It is early morning here. The website is only in Russian. I don't know why we have this website. We had it when our official website was not forbidden . Some articles are available in English in our worldwide website. jw-russia contains no publications, only news and as far as I remember answers some questions about JWs.

It seems to me I recall you writing somewhere that there was a way to get jw.org in Russia, by way of some "program" the brothers wrote? Is that right? Then I seem to remember reading somewhere else that the authorities were finding out about these loopholes and shutting them. (Then, I guess, the brothers go to writing another "program" to counteract their shutting the loophole...) Please correct me if I'm wrong...

7 hours ago, Sheep said:

It seems to me I recall you writing somewhere that there was a way to get jw.org in Russia, by way of some "program" the brothers wrote? Is that right? Then I seem to remember reading somewhere else that the authorities were finding out about these loopholes and shutting them. (Then, I guess, the brothers go to writing another "program" to counteract their shutting the loophole...) Please correct me if I'm wrong...

You know I am afraid to write about it. I don't want to spoil something. I will tell you everything after Armageddon:)But you can be sure we have everything we need. And jw-russia is not connected with the ban of our worldwide website.

There are going to be amazing stories of faith, and the evident presence of Jehovah's spirit from countries like Russia, Venezula, China and many many more in the New System. Us on this site ... we know Jehovah and we can read between the lines. Just stay safe and keep those wonderful stories inyour head until you are able to share them. Love you and alll those related to us in the faith over in Russia. x

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Victoria said:

We have a problem here. I don't know how to explain it in English but the thing is our LRO can be liquidated soon. The authorities demand it. And they have already banned its activity until the court.

Victoria .. what is LRO ? sorry for being so simple minded ...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Oh, I don't know how to explain... I saw this was used in some articles in our website or in some thread here. In Russia JWs have to be registered in each city to have the right for assemblies and so on. They need to have Local Religious Organization. The bad thing is that in Taganrog after liquidation of LRO some brothers and sisters were in court as criminals because they attended meetings.

1 minute ago, Victoria said:

Oh, I don't know how to explain... I saw this was used in some articles in our website or in some thread here. In Russia JWs have to be registered in each city to have the right for assemblies and so on. They need to have Local Religious Organization. The bad thing is that in Taganrog after liquidation of LRO some brothers and sisters were in court as criminals because they attended meetings.

Victoria don't worry soon Jehovah will bring justice to the WHOLE earth including beautiful land of Russia.

Stay firmly focused on serving Jehovah, soon whole brotherhood will be in similar situation due to the Great Tribulation

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

14 hours ago, Victoria said:

We have a problem here. I don't know how to explain it in English but the thing is our LRO can be liquidated soon. The authorities demand it. And they have already banned its activity until the court.

14 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

Victoria .. what is LRO ? sorry for being so simple minded ...

Local Religious Organization.