JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2748 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

We are not the only ones who are seeing the injustice going on in Russia. Even other writers and journalists around the world are noticing a return to the Soviet era. See this series of articles about the "Yarovaya law" from the Religious Freedom Institute.

What will come out of this in the end? Time will tell, but maybe this... See Revelation 12:16 and its explanation.

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Victoria said:

Prayers please! The court will consider the case to liquidate the LRO here in Birobijan tomorrow( 4 a.m. Moscow). 

Of course Victoria, thank you for letting us know.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Make no mistake, God’s people are involved in spiritual warfare! some in frontal attack some need to struggle with subtle ones... We ALL need to stay strong.

1 Peter 5:9

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Dearest Victoria,

We will not forget you and the dear brothers and sisters there in Russia, and I will certainly keep you in my prayers!  Whatever the outcome, however you feel even if you feel afraid, you know from the Bible how Jehovah will always turn this around.  He will sustain you and give you all the courage you need.  May your heart be fortified and you stay solid using Jehovah's mighty support, his Holy Spirit.  Pretty powerful, hey?

"that we may be rescued from harmful and wicked men, for faith is not a possession of all people.  But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the wicked one" - 2 Thess 3:2, 3

15 hours ago, Victoria said:

Prayers please! The court will consider the case to liquidate the LRO here in Birobijan tomorrow( 4 a.m. Moscow). 

14 hours ago, Victoria said:

It'Moscow time. 11 o' clock here. I don't want to be there but I have to. Our elder asked us to come.

Your elders are right. It would show the court there is strength in numbers, and you are not about to give up easily.

If my calculations are correct, you should have heard something by now. Please let us know the outcome, good or bad. In the meantime we are all united in praying for you and your loved ones there. Be assured of Jehovah's loving support, my dear sister.

If it's 12 am there now (4:pm CDT here) then will this take place at 8:pm cdt? I have never heard of a court date taking place at 4:00am, wow that's early!

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

That's okay.  Jehovah's people know the times...and the seasons.^_^

It's nearing time for Gog's all-out attacks, and for Jehovah's saving acts.

Whatever the verdict, dear Sister Victoria, we will keep you close in our minds and hearts...and prayers.yes.gif

Group hug.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

6 hours ago, Victoria said:

BTW we don't have 1 p.m. We have 13 o' clock. Then 14 o' clock and so on.

Do I live in other Russia? Or  do I speak another Russian? :blink:  

Час дня, два часа дня и  так далее?

"Absolute rubbish”

11 hours ago, campanula said:

Может быть я погорячилась, час дня мы тоже говорим, конечно, но лично я предпочитаю 13, 14...:) а 1 а.m. and p.m. я долго учила :)

11 hours ago, campanula said:

I do think you live in other Russia. Much warmer one. I bathed in the sea in August. It was VERY cold! It was snowing today. The language differs a little bit too but not so much as climate does. That surprises me: such big Russia and the same Russian. 

24 minutes ago, Victoria said:

LRO in Birobijan is liquidated as an extremist organization.

I don't really know what to say. Having never had anything like that happen here that I have been directly affected by, I cannot fully understand what it must be like.

How are you and the brothers and sisters taking the news? I'm guessing its still sinking in?  I hope the posts here on these forums give you comfort that we do think of you brothers and sisters over there and continue to pray that it will be for a very short time.

On a more lighthearted note. Hopefully nobody wants to dislike this post.:)