JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Russia's president signed the missionary activity law!!?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2720 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.forum18.org/archive.php?article_id=2197

Going by this article it sounds like anyone will have to have a document to just share in their beliefs in their own house of worship/personal home if they're not a member of clergy/governing body. And any form of sharing your beliefs will be illegal?! I pray for the brothers and sisters in Russia. It sounds like when this law goes into affect July 20th things are gonna change rapidly. :unsure:

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

Persecution again for our Russian and ex-soviet state brothers and sisters will give them even more of Jehovah's spirit to counter Putin and his religious henchmen's evil intents. Have they learned nothing from history?

"Look! I have made your face exactly as hard as their faces and your forehead exactly as hard as their foreheads.  I have made your forehead like a diamond, harder than flint. Do not be afraid of them or be terrified by their faces" - Eze 3:8, 9

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Moderators Should this merged with: RUSSIA: Sharing belief restrictions, increased "extremism" punishments?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

"Today is indeed a black day on the calendar," lawyer Vladimir Ryakhovsky of the Slavic Centre for Law and Justice wrote on his Facebook page on 7 July. "Hope was that Vladimir Putin would not in the end sign this law. A law which openly contradicts the gospel command 'go and make disciples' and, in addition, violates the constitutional rights of citizens." He complained that the amendments been drafted by "people who were absolutely not professionals and who didn't understand religious practice".

Prayers for our Brothers and Sisters in Eurasia who may be affected by this harsh ruling.

Edited by kejedo

3 hours ago, harmania said:

It's actually destruction of false religion, caused by Jehovah after peace and security has been said. GT won't destroy it. It just starts right after it.

The start of the destruction of Babylon the great is the start of the great tribulation.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130715/jesus-prophecy-last-days/

"In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks  Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation."

Edited by Mykyl

Just now, Mykyl said:

The start of the destruction of Babylon the great is the start of the great tribulation.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20130715/jesus-prophecy-last-days/

"In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks  Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation."

This makes me think sometimes how much effect destruction of false religion have on GT. Will it be major reason for GT? World can't somehow work without false religion being around anymore? Or will there be other reasons, that are just triggered at same time, without being connected at all with false religion being gone? I know it's impossible to know right now, I'm just too eager to know :) have to wait and see.

2 hours ago, Shawnster said:

The destruction of Babylon the Great is the start of the Great Tribulation.  It's not the cause of the Great Tribulation.  It's the first thing that happens during the Great Tribulation.

Now, having said that, look at how much religion plays a part of life.  The entire nation of Israel, for example, is based on their religion.  How will they function as a nation once religion is gone and they no longer have to keep the Sabbath, for example?  Or they no longer have the Wailing Wall?  Or they no longer have any tourism to the religious sites?  Likewise with the entire Middle East.  That entire region is also defined by it's religion.  Those nations even have special police forces just to make sure people are following their religion.  How will those nations function when their religion is gone?  What about the people in these very religious countries?  How will they cope without their religion?  Will they riot?  Protest?  Cause massive bloodshed and destruction?  

Look at the "good works" religions do.  Food banks and charity organizations and the like.  How many people are being supported by Babylon's charities?  Where will these people get their support once false religion is gone?  The governments cannot support everyone now, how will they be able to absorb an even larger burden?

Religion right now is a moral restraint on some people.  They don't commit crimes or give in to their selfish impulses for fear of divine retribution, burning in Hell or not getting that spot in Heaven.  How will they act when religion is gone?  How will people behave when their moral compass is destroyed?

What is Babylon the Great doing with all their wealth?   What businesses and financial institutions are they supporting?  What livelihoods will be ruined when religion is gone?  How many peoples income is connected with false religion?  Where will they go?  What jobs will they get?  How will they pay bills and buy food?  Can the government absorb all those unemployed people?

What will fill the void in peoples lives when religion is gone?  Some people need to go to their church.  Their entire lives are consumed by their church.  What takes it's place?  Will they become rabid supporters of their government?  Will they get involved in politics?  Will they protest and picket and "force" others to become pro-government the same way they currently protest gay marriage, abortion clinics and such?

How mad will people get when false religions records are released and all her secrets are revealed?  All her crimes will be openly exposed.  Will people want revenge?

Racial tensions are high at the moment.  They have been high in the past.  Historically reverends and religious leaders have talked the crowds down, tried to smooth the situation over and quell the riots.  What will these mobs and protests be like when there are no more reverends to calm them?  Where is Al Sharpton and Louis Farrakhan going to turn?  These men are both religious leaders and political activists.  What is going to happen to them and their supporters when this time comes? 

:thumbsup:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yesterday President Putin, fired 50 of his highest command in the military because they refused his orders to swipe near any US ships and jets.  I guess they don't want to get into a fight with the American military.   Isn't this like the scripture said in Daniel, "a pushing and shoving" match?

Did we set a record here?

This thread turned into a discussion about the GT in just 12 posts, that has to be a record...

:popcorn:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

What will fill the void? Hmm... IMHO

Re 13:4 And they WORSHIPPED the dragon because it gave the authority to the wild beast, and they WORSHIPPED the wild beast with the words: “Who is like the wild beast, and who can do battle with it?”

Re 13:11Then I saw another wild beast ascending out of the earth, and it had two horns like a lamb, but it began speaking like a dragon.

14 It misleads those who dwell on the earth, because of the signs that it was permitted to perform in the sight of the wild beast, while it tells those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the wild beast that had the sword-stroke and yet revived. 15 And it was permitted to give breath to the image of the wild beast, so that the image of the wild beast should both speak and cause to be killed all those who refuse to WORSHIP the image of the wild BEAST.

Will whole earth worship political system, Anglo American dual world power, image UN.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Did we set a record here?

This thread turned into a discussion about the GT in just 12 posts, that has to be a record...

:popcorn:

this one was done in just 6   ...   and some thought they both would have been merged by now?   ...   

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/appeal-against-threat-20160714/

Part of their plans is clear now - it says on JW.org = "In a separate action against Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia, deputies of the Regional Assembly in Arkhangelsk filed a claim addressed to Aleksandr Konovalov, the Minister of Justice. The claim demands that the federal government adopt legislation to ban the religious activity of the Witnesses and all their legal entities throughout the country." Sounds like they want to ban JW's in all of Russia...soon...

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!