JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Chinese Communist Party readies crackdown on Christianity

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2745 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://flip.it/0Zx_Z_

China's governing Communist Party is set to launch a nationwide crackdown on Christianity. Correspondent Matthew Carney travels through the country and speaks to churchgoers who are worried they could soon be arrested.

The Communist Party has just enacted much tougher laws that criminalise Christians if they do not pledge loyalty to the state.

14 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

I don't know it will effect the Witness or not, yet Jehovah is much powerful.

I think we are already banned over there. This will just make me more cautious I'm sure.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

A sister from Sydney I know was conducting a study with a whole classroom using the Bible Stories book. I can't remember how it was initiated, but the teacher was sort of interested I think and wanted to use the study more for an English lesson for her class. Our sister had to get up at weird times to conduct the study by Skype. I'm thinking that won't be allowed anymore, hey?

There are plenty of witnesses in China, and they have various ways to protect themselves while still working hard in the ministry. A crackdown like this is nothing new. They are very cautious. We would not help them by talking about their methods on a public forum. We should, however, pray for them and be assured that they are not forgotten by Jesus or the Slave. Neither are our brothers in any country where the work is banned or severely limited. Did you know that sometimes even single sisters who have graduated from our schools have been assigned to work in such countries?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

18 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

I think we are already banned over there. This will just make me more cautious I'm sure.

I meant to say "this will just make them more cautious I'm sure."

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Wow!  You certainly have to admire their faith (though some false teachings).  Sounds like they're fearlessly determined to remain faithful in spite of persecution..and already do 'underground methods' as JW's.  A lot of right-hearted people out there..may Jehovah lead them to true worship!

I spoke to an Uighur man from China today about this, and he told me about how they are affected, being muslims and all. I also managed to slip in about being a Witness and how my brothers are being treated in China. We both agreed a change has to come. I got to explain why the Chinese government is afraid of us. A very interesting little chat.

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Bans in Russia, China picking up the pace, in Russia its about JW'S and our website and extremist material the Watchtower.  China from the pictures you guys put in here is cracking or going to crack down on false religions, these people might fight back killing others.   It's worth keeping on the watch, and I really do believe we are close to the end.  That stone that left Jehovah's Mountain organization several years ago, must be so close to the feet of that statue, it can't be more then a few inches away right?   Our brothers and sisters in China, are discreet, I just hope there isn't a snitch in there like there were in Germany during the 30's and during the war.   I heard a talk from the 141st Gilead school graduation yesterday.  It was entitled "The Cloud."   Perhaps some of you may have heard that talk.  It was great!  Jehovah has everything under his control, will and purpose.  I will keep us in my prayers, including our worldwide brotherhood.  It's getting closer and closer.   Am happy aren't you?