JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How much do you know about clouds? - a quick quiz

2 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Yes, very informative. But I only got a 4! My head must be in the clouds dirt. :angry_cursing:

Music colorful notes.gif"I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and sti-ill somehow, it's clouds' illusions I recall.

I really don't know clouds a-at all."Music colorful notes.gif

^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Music colorful notes.gif"I've looked at clouds from both sides now, from up and down, and sti-ill somehow, it's clouds' illusions I recall.

^_^

:lol1:

BTW: I guess Google Drive, OneDrive and Dropbox are not correct answers??

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

55 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

^_^

...with apologies to Judy Collins and Joni Mitchell... and Frank Sinatra... and Susan Boyle... and Andy Williams... and Neil Diamond... and who knows how many others...

That was awesome. I got a 9, but I don't attribute that to MY knowledge, but to a brother who used to be a sailor, and when we went witnessing he would teach us what the clouds meant, they fascinate me. Haven't seen that one with the ice hole in the centre before - that confused me, but I have seen a rainbow cloud before ... and a roll cloud ... my favourite are cotton wool skies, that look like cottonballs close together, symbolizes strong gusty gales and rain in the next front. Brother Peter told me it was a bad front squeezing the clouds in the sky to tight balls that it is a harbinger of rought stuff to come. So far he's not been wrong. He taught me about horses tails too, wispy clouds that look like horses tails made of ice particles. Fascinating subject. Thanks for sharing that I'm going to look for more cloud quizzes. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

12 hours ago, shali said:

Cool quiz. I got 6 out of 10. Thought I'd see something about mammulis clouds.

I had to think about that one, I knew the clouds, but not the official name, so i went back to remembering that some describe them as cows udders, rather than cottonwool, and that related it to the mammary gland, hence mammulis. hehe.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

This was a fun quiz. I think I will use it as a basis to make a lap book or paper bag book (books with little doors, or pop-ups, or pull-outs, or: youtube if you haven't seen/ made one)  for the homeschool teens from my congregation that are studying Earth and Space Science this year. I'd like to encourage each to do an independent unit on a subtopic that they like. I know one scholar is interested in space, one is interested in streams and estuaries, and not sure about the third.  Probably none of them is thinking of clouds as a preference, so it should be a good demo.  Thanks

Y (cloudhopper) S