JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2730 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Page 2 of Watchtower February 2017: The Watchtower (ISSN 0043-1087) Issue 3 February 2017 is published monthly with an additional issue published in January, March, May, July, September, and November by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.; L. Weaver, Jr., President

L. Weaver, Jr., President: Is this new?

5 minutes ago, SteEis said:

Page 2 of Watchtower February 2017: The Watchtower (ISSN 0043-1087) Issue 3 February 2017 is published monthly with an additional issue published in January, March, May, July, September, and November by Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc.; L. Weaver, Jr., President

Leon Weaver is the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York (and has been for some time).  Don Adams used to be the President of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (but he was in his 90's I think) and has been replaced.  I can't think of the brothers name off-hand, I would have to look it up.  We have dozens of corporations and each one has a Pres, Vice-Pres and Sec-Treasurer to meet corporate requirements.

2 minutes ago, jwhess said:

Leon Weaver is the President of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York (and has been for some time).  Don Adams used to be the President of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (but he was in his 90's I think) and has been replaced.  I can't think of the brothers name off-hand, I would have to look it up.  We have dozens of corporations and each one has a Pres, Vice-Pres and Sec-Treasurer to meet corporate requirements.

https://www.jw.org/en/news/legal/by-region/russia/jw-religious-freedom-threatened/#?insight[search_id]=34bd6c61-3c50-46d3-a9c9-c8dc3e5699d4&insight[search_result_index]=3

According to this jw.org-article it is Robert Ciranko now:

“Jehovah’s Witnesses distribute their religious publications around the world. Their literature is nonpolitical, is aimed at Bible education, and promotes peace. Among the publications Russian courts have declared extremist is My Book of Bible Stories—a children’s book—and What Does the Bible Really Teach?, a book that has a circulation of over 200 million copies and is available in more than 250 languages.”—Robert Ciranko, President, Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania. *“

13 minutes ago, SteEis said:

It has been like that for some time . 

For example, from Jan 2015

Screenshot_2016-10-27-20-05-42-1.png

29 minutes ago, SteEis said:

We have some mutual friends so we saw Bro & Sis Weaver in Houston in 2013 and he was the President then, I don't remember when he became the President.  

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Maybe they are referring to the additional public editions.

Sent from my handheld mobile devise

There is an interesting article in this issue on the governing body (Who Is Leading God's People Today?) discussing the use of the term 'governing body' - how, why and when did it begin to be used? Here is a picture of the governing body in the 1950's.8d8b36dd0531afa99895035ede87f164.jpg

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

There is an interesting article in this issue on the governing body (Who Is Leading God's People Today?) discussing the use of the term 'governing body' - how, why and when did it begin to be used? Here is a picture of the governing body in the 1950's.8d8b36dd0531afa99895035ede87f164.jpg

____

Just think, 60 years ago we just called them "directors" of the Society.

8 hours ago, jwhess said:

Do you or anyone else have pictures of Leon Weaver?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

7 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Thanks. Never seen this brother.

I think he was in a video...oh boy, now I'll be up all night looking for it..:eek:

EDIT: I found this..

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

13 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I think he was in a video...oh boy, now I'll be up all night looking for it..:eek:

EDIT: I found this..

Thanks. I wonder if he's anointed...

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

17 hours ago, Thesauron said:

____

My speelng my be incorrect From left to right: Lyman Swingle, Tom Sullivan, Grant Suiter, , Hugo Remier, Nathan Knorr, Fred Franz, Milton Henschel. Yes, i was around then , earlier and now too.

I only noticed now but this issue has the biography of the brother who was the coordinator of our Portuguese branch for several years. I had the priviledge to meet him. Very humble, extraordinary brother and with talks able to lift the most heavy eyes, the ones we get after lunch and that very few brothers can get it to open :)

1 minute ago, jayrtom said:

I only noticed now but this issue has the biography of the brother who was the coordinator of our Portuguese branch for several years. I had the priviledge to meet him. Very humble, extraordinary brother and with talks able to lift the most heavy eyes, the ones we get after lunch and that very few brothers can get it to open :)

Douglas%20Guest_zpsgh59oufw.jpg

This is a wonderful experience! The now deceased Brother Douglas Guest, oftentimes served as a representative of the World Headquarters (previously known as Zonal Superintendent). Here we find one of his great talks: "Jehovah the Great Potter": 

http://www.centralprint.net/jwtalks/SpecialTalks/Guest Douglas - Jehovah the Great Potter.mp3

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)