JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

There are many products that we hate. For example I HATE Tupperware. I have cupboards and drawers dedicated to the rotten stuff. While it is a storage product, it does not store. Every container is different and any 2 similar containers don't stack in each other. A stack of disposable containers from the supermarket will stack a dozen high complete with lids, but not Tupperware. It takes up so much room. I have banned my wife from Tupperware parties. I have just finished cleaning the cupboards and have thrown half of it out. Containers with no lids. Lids with no matching containers. Objects and container we couldn't even figure out a use for. We actually now have spare shelves and drawers in the kitchen.

Brothers and sisters, what is your pet hate? Sisters, you can defend Tupperware if you wish, just don't expect any man to agree with you

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

I thought about Pets too. My pets hate bubbles. One is terrified of them! lol

I agree about the Tupperware though, I hate how it always seems like you are left with mismatches. Did recently purchase some from the store that has a storage container for the plasticware. Hopefully that contains the virus of them spreading out randomly in the cupboards. lol

Well, what gets my pet (goat) is when a brother or sister says: "Brother So-n-So" gave a great talk just the other day...and he is so funny!" When I ask about the theme or inquire about one or two key points in his discourse, more often than not, their response is: "I don't remember; but it was an excellent talk!" :uhhuh:

Edited by Omo_Yeme

3 hours ago, Reylyn said:

I thought about Pets too. My pets hate bubbles. One is terrified of them! lol

I agree about the Tupperware though, I hate how it always seems like you are left with mismatches. Did recently purchase some from the store that has a storage container for the plasticware. Hopefully that contains the virus of them spreading out randomly in the cupboards. lol

Well, at least you won't have to worry about storing the storage containers for the Tupperware storage containers. Tupperware breeds.

3 hours ago, Qapla said:

Silly me .... when I read the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about our animal friends ... you know, Pets

Huj, 'IHqu' yach loQ ghaj tlhInganpu', 'a be Saj (le') muS lughaj vIchel ghaHlaw'.

Polka dots.

My wife loves them but they are ruining my life.

For example, I used to have a kettle that could boil about 1.5 l (more than a third of a gallon) of water. It was a well performing, large metal jug that could cook enough water for two hot water bottles at once or a big, big pot of tea. It was quietly replaced at some point by (yet another) red, cutesie little item with white polka dots that looks all sweet and polite but can barely cook half as much as MY old kettle.

Apart from that, my wife is currently sitting next to me wearing polka dot pyjama pants, there is a polka dot candle standing on the shelf next to my computer, the baking mittens in the kitchen are black with white polka dots, the egg timer is red with white polka dots, storage cans with polka dots, polka-dot polka-dots with polka-dot and polkadotpolkadotpolkadots it's like a polka-dot infestation!

The only 5% of masculinity left in my apartment is my tower PC and my beard!

Oh but the sacrifices we bring for the weaker vessel!

Tribulation in the flesh!

*rant on*

Telemarketing calls.  :wacko:

Especially the recorded ones.  

Didn't mind the live ones as much.  

I used to witness to them.:D

We are elligable for a zillion in business loans and we won 23 cruise ship trips to the Bahamas...and that is just in the past 12 months!  :uhhuh:

Sometimes we get two or three calls a day.

Being on the National Do Not Call list doesn't stop them.

Only the New System can put an end to them.^_^

*rant off*

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 hour ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

*rant on*

We are elligable for a zillion in business loans and we won 23 cruise ship trips to the Bahamas...and that is just in the past 12 months!  :uhhuh:

*rant off*

I got a call by a telemarketing robot once. One that sounds like a human but you can somehow tell something is off because of the lack of sensible empathy in response to your replies and questions. Like you suddenly start becoming gruffy after being friendly and there is no change in the other "persons" tone. Then you cough and she says "excuse me I wasn't able to understand you." And when you start asking questions about what it's like to be a robot you start getting really funny answers.

I really think it's cruel that even simple jobs that were always widely available to the unemployed are being replaced by machines, machines pretending to be humans. Indeed, only the New System can put an end to that!

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

*rant on*

If your phone is VoIP, sign up for NoMoRoBo.

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

The only 5% of masculinity left in my apartment is my tower PC and my beard

rol 'oHbe' polka-dot DaHech? disappoint.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

1 hour ago, Qapla said:

I guess that may have been better stated as

Qo' polka dot rol chay' disappoint

but, it was too late to edit the other post :(

I don't get the question. You're disappointed I don't have a polka dot beard?

My wife said I should get one but I told her a man has to draw a line somewhere! :D

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If your phone is VoIP, sign up for NoMoRoBo.

Does it work on Magic Jack?  Both our 'land lines' are Magic Jack, one Cdn, the other US ( so we can call our US relatives without them getting a big cross boarder bill ). Mainly get robo calls on US line.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

21 minutes ago, pnutts said:

Does it work on Magic Jack?  Both our 'land lines' are Magic Jack, one Cdn, the other US ( so we can call our US relatives without them getting a big cross boarder bill ). Mainly get robo calls on US line.

Looked it up. Not for Magic Jack yet. :depressed:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

On 1/21/2017 at 6:43 AM, Friends just call me Ross said:

*rant on*

*rant off*

I hate it when you get those letters in the mail where they try to make it look like your name and address is hand written on the envelope so you will open it up. Last week I got this message at the door saying that someone named Mike was trying to reach me and to call him back. I was racking my brain trying to figure out who this mike was. After a while I realized that the message was not hand written even though it looked like it had been. Usually I can tell but this one was good! Also it was a yellow sticky note so it was very convincing. I was so upset that they tried to trick me into calling them! I just tried uploading a picture of the note but the pic was too big which is too bad because I really wanted to post the pic. You wouldn't be able to tell that it wasn't hand written!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.