JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Nevada lawmaker seeks precautionary ban on human microchips

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2328 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In our area evangelicals cite this microchips as part of the coming of 666 which they interprete as a literal number which those  who do not have it will not be able to buy and sell. 

A lawmaker proposes to block these chips from being used on humans but according to the article they are already in use.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nevada-lawmaker-seeks-precautionary-ban-230946745.html

Edited by Nnaemeka

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

I'm surprised that the article didn't mention that doing this would lower the crime rate by a lot. I'm not agreeing with it, but It makes sense that if everyone was chipped, it would be a lot harder for criminals to commit crimes without being caught. For example if a home invasion took place, authorities would be able to find out through gps who was in the house at the time of the robbery and catch who did it. 

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

But wouldn't this require ones to have to take a drug to keep the body from rejecting the chip since it's a foreign object?

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

15 minutes ago, morningdove said:

But wouldn't this require ones to have to take a drug to keep the body from rejecting the chip since it's a foreign object?

nope. I have stents in my heart. Others have metal pins in theirs ( body that is ). :borg:

Edited by pnutts

clarification

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

1 hour ago, timpin said:

check out would be easier, instead of do I swipe or insert card ?   ...    just scan me!

Plus, you wouldn't have to ever worry about someone stealing your debit or credit cards or their information. 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

9 hours ago, timpin said:

check out would be easier, instead of do I swipe or insert card ?   ...    just scan me!

:laugh: That was pretty funny!  Like Brother Jack said; it would be a great way to catch criminals.

Edited by SusanE

On 2017-02-14 at 5:18 PM, Nnaemeka said:

In our area evangelicals cite this microchips as part of the coming of 666 which they interprete as a literal number which those  who do not have it will not be able to buy and sell. 

A lawmaker proposes to block these chips from being used on humans but according to the article they are already in use.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/nevada-lawmaker-seeks-precautionary-ban-230946745.html

Interesting quote from that news article:

ACLU of Nevada Policy Director Holly Welborn said there's no impending need to protect people against mandatory microchipping, but there's no question the technology would violate rights to personal autonomy and privacy.

Yes, "no impending need to protect people  against  mandatory microchipping". 

Could it later become mandatory?

Or they will just decide that buying and selling will be illegal with other means except  by using the implanted in your hand microchip?

27 minutes ago, John said:

Interesting quote from that news article:

ACLU of Nevada Policy Director Holly Welborn said there's no impending need to protect people against mandatory microchipping, but there's no question the technology would violate rights to personal autonomy and privacy.

Yes, "no impending need to protect people  against  mandatory microchipping". 

Could it later become mandatory?

Or they will just decide that buying and selling will be illegal with other means except  by using the implanted in your hand microchip?

Will never be mandatory in the United States (or probably anywhere else).  It's not practical or even possible to implement such a draconian law.

4 hours ago, Shawnster said:

It's not practical or even possible to implement such a draconian law.

That is simply incorrect. It is quite possible and thinkable. You give people one year to get the thing and tell them they won't have to pay VAT if they get it, get Angelina Jolie to put one inside her and boom!

The question is if this is the actual fulfillment or just another distraction. In any case, if there is a literal fulfillment, it is mandatory and you won't get it by accident - I know there are people that think the mark of the beast will be injected with the use of vaccinations :o

It doesn't matter what the actual final fulfillment of the  mark of the beast is. There's a far more important mark to focus on!

Edited by ChocoBro

On 2/14/2017 at 0:13 PM, Brother Jack said:

I'm surprised that the article didn't mention that doing this would lower the crime rate by a lot. I'm not agreeing with it, but It makes sense that if everyone was chipped, it would be a lot harder for criminals to commit crimes without being caught. For example if a home invasion took place, authorities would be able to find out through gps who was in the house at the time of the robbery and catch who did it. 

To me this kinda seems like a good idea. If you chipped felons or people that are on probation you would have a better chance of law enforcement. They could be entered into a database and have an automated system scan for their location every so often,  like every 20 minutes or so. If they don't show up, send an officer to arrest them.:assimulated:

Chips can be designed to die after a certain period of time,  or, after the probation is over just scan them and disable them. 

The technology and practice is already in place,  you can get a chip in a pet or even your child now, no need to wait for development,  it's available now.

6 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

To me this kinda seems like a good idea. If you chipped felons or people that are on probation you would have a better chance of law enforcement. They could be entered into a database and have an automated system scan for their location every so often,  like every 20 minutes or so. If they don't show up, send an officer to arrest them.:assimulated:

Chips can be designed to die after a certain period of time,  or, after the probation is over just scan them and disable them. 

The technology and practice is already in place,  you can get a chip in a pet or even your child now, no need to wait for development,  it's available now.

I agree. I could never understand why some people think putting all money on chips and watching people's every move is as evil as the mark of the beast. I do see how some people would be uncomfortable with having their every move monitored though. I think that if everyone was chipped, crime would almost be nonexistent. Such a thing would definitely lead to the cry of peace and security. If something like this ever did come about, I wonder if people would be able to sell things privately or would people have to pay taxes on everything? For example, could you sell your car on your own? Also, counterfeit money would be a thing of the past.

Edited by Brother Jack

13 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

I agree. I could never understand why some people think putting all money on chips and watching people's every move is as evil as the mark of the beast. I do see how some people would be uncomfortable with having their every move monitored though. I think that if everyone was chipped, crime would almost be nonexistent. Such a thing would definitely lead to the cry of peace and security. If something like this ever did come about, I wonder if people would be able to sell things privately or would people have to pay taxes on everything? For example, could you sell your car on your own? Also, counterfeit money would be a thing of the past.

Ever read 1984?

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 hours ago, Old said:

Ever read 1984?

Yes...

I don't know if I would be comfortable with everyone being required to have one, but I think felons should have. When they decided to commit a crime then I feel they forfeit certain rights as citizens and being incarcerated or under house arrest is a penalty for making a bad decision.  

If it came down to it and the world powers demanded for us as Witnesses  to have them I am sure that there would be adequate instructions from the Slave and we would do what we needed to do..

16 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

Do the current chips transmit it's location or does it just store data?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Do the current chips transmit it's location or does it just store data?

Neither as far as I know, they just contain an identification code. The chip reacts to certain radio frequencies and resonates with a certain information string that identifies the chip (EDIT: apparently 888 Bytes are currently possible, which is easily enough to store your full name, address, personal data, passport and bank account number) and a connection to a server is necessary to actually utilize the information. The more often the chip is forced to respond, the higher the chances of carcinogenic side-effects, some studies have suggested. I generally cut the RFID tags off of clothes I buy for that very reason (those solid little labels with a metallic plate in them are RFID tags, for example).

Edited by ChocoBro

Would the negativity behind such a chip outweigh the positivity or would the positivity outweigh the negativity? Lots of persons are talking of how wonderful it would be on criminals but what if criminals are able to hack it - wouldn't that be awesome?

For Jehovah is aware of the way of the righteous, But the way of the wicked will perish (Psalm 1:6).

2 hours ago, Nnaemeka said:

Would the negativity behind such a chip outweigh the positivity or would the positivity outweigh the negativity? Lots of persons are talking of how wonderful it would be on criminals but what if criminals are able to hack it - wouldn't that be awesome?

As far as I know, an RFID can be easily cloned. That is probably one of the reasons that, despite the supposed plans to chip the population, it probably will never happen. I don't think they can create the technology, though they're really trying to work on it

http://news.mit.edu/2016/hack-proof-rfid-chips-0203

By the way here's an article from 2006 fearing that last year, all Britons would be "chipped"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-413345/Britons-microchipped-like-dogs-decade.html

7 hours ago, ChocoBro said:

Hearing comments like this from brothers leaves me severely unsettled. How can you not know if you would be comfortable with this?

Bro, I am sorry that this statement of mine troubles you,  let me explain. 

It is a fairly simple explanation,  it's because I haven't given the subject much thought. I don't really care about conspiracy topics and I don't investigate them nor read about them. The result of that is I don't have any hard and fast opinions about any of them that I am willing to post. I  don't want to impose my thoughts onto my Spiritual family so I usually don't post them. 

I know where this system is headed, and I know that it will go from bad to worse. How it gets there doesn't really matter to me.

I dedicated my life to Jehovah and to that end I spend a lot of my time learning about Him and His ways and His Organization and I trust that if this issue does come up then we all will have adequate instructions from His mouthpiece here on Earth. ...

When topics like this come up I usually stay out of them or I just make some joke or noncommittal comments so that I don't offend or upset my Spiritual family.  I'm sorry I disturbed you and I hope this comment helps explain my position. 

Love you, man...I hope the rest of your day goes well. ..