JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

WT Library manual update

Second Update for Watchtower Library 2015 (December Update)

Publications added:

Watchtower Study Edition (August - December 2016)

Watchtower Public Edition (August - December 2016)

Meeting Worbooks (August  - December 2016)

Publications Index 2016

Daily Text 2017

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is an unofficial update, i created it myself. Modifying the July Update and adding new publications. It's works fine (see screenshots). If you want it, sent me a MP for download link. While you waiting for new 2016 edition. ;) :P 

Edited by Shawnster

1 hour ago, zodwertj said:

This is an unofficial update, i created it myself. Modifying the July Update and adding new publications. It's works fine (see screenshots).

I didn't know that was possible..:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Now someone went a little too far, don't you think?

Point 3 of the WT Library EULA states:

3. RESTRICTIONS ON USE. You may not do any of the following: Sell or provide the Product, the SOFTWARE, or the DATA in exchange for money (even if no profit is involved); post all or any portion of the SOFTWARE or the DATA on the Internet (including any website, file-sharing site, or social network); distribute the DATA with any software application; duplicate for distribution all or any portion of the SOFTWARE on any kind of compact disc or other duplicating device; alter the SOFTWARE; reverse engineer, reverse assemble, reverse compile, disassemble, or decompile the SOFTWARE; sublicense or lease the SOFTWARE; use the SOFTWARE with other access programs; use or call subroutines (.DLL routines) provided by the SOFTWARE to create new or derivative works, including utilities; remove or obscure Watch Tower’s copyright and/or trademark notices; or use the SOFTWARE for any commercial purpose.

2 hours ago, And_Ray said:

Now someone went a little too far, don't you think?

Point 3 of the WT Library EULA states:

"Went a little too far?" I don't think so. This forum allows to share WT library with others (that violate same point of the EULA too) but you can not share a little portion of it? Haha come on! please! 

2 minutes ago, zodwertj said:

"Went a little too far?" I don't think so. This forum allows to share WT library with others (that violate same point of the EULA too) but you can not share a little portion of it? Haha come on! please! 

There isn't anything wrong with a person adding magazines into their personal copy of WTLibrary. And if you want to know how or get help, there isn't anything wrong with your asking.

That said, the moderators don't want that done in the forums. Doing it via PM as the poster mentioned is between him and whoever asks him. Let's please leave it at that.

Also note, the 2016 WTLibrary is out. Perhaps you can get a copy from a friend instead of this.

Enjoy.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I didn't know that was possible..:)

Yes bro. I have been doing that for Spanish Edition too and sharing it in big hispanic forums and many brothers really appreciate it. For that reason, i wanted to do same with english edition.  :P

37 minutes ago, trottigy said:

There isn't anything wrong with a person adding magazines into their personal copy of WTLibrary. And if you want to know how or get help, there isn't anything wrong with your asking.

That said, the moderators don't want that done in the forums. Doing it via PM as the poster mentioned is between him and whoever asks him. Let's please leave it at that.

Also note, the 2016 WTLibrary is out. Perhaps you can get a copy from a friend instead of this.

Enjoy.

ok bro, thanks for your advice. :)

6 hours ago, zodwertj said:

Second Update for Watchtower Library 2015 (December Update)

Publications added:

Watchtower Study Edition (August - December 2016)

Watchtower Public Edition (August - December 2016)

Meeting Worbooks (August  - December 2016)

Publications Index 2016

Daily Text 2017

2.jpg

3.jpg

This is an unofficial update, i created it myself. Modifying the July Update and adding new publications. It's works fine (see screenshots). If you want it, sent me a MP for download link. While you waiting for new 2016 edition. ;) :P 

This update was very useful indeed.  It has made available all the magazines & workbooks for 2016 AND the days text for 2017. Brilliant.

Thank you Isaac. 

1 John 4:1 "Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yesterday I happened to be online, when starting WT Library 2016. It found an update, which downloaded and installed. It was about 173 megabytes in size. It added the midweek meeting schedule to the home page, ( haven't discovered what else yet) which is great. A few brothers in my congregation do not have internet service at home, so I would like to download the update so they can apply it manually. From the menu Help tab, there is an option to "Manually Apply Update Package" . Choosing that option leads to a search for a file with an .updatepkg extension. Can someone please help me find out where to download the update file so it can be applied manually? JW.org link.................?

36 minutes ago, tiredbrickie said:

Yesterday I happened to be online, when starting WT Library 2016. It found an update, which downloaded and installed. It was about 173 megabytes in size. It added the midweek meeting schedule to the home page, ( haven't discovered what else yet) which is great. A few brothers in my congregation do not have internet service at home, so I would like to download the update so they can apply it manually. From the menu Help tab, there is an option to "Manually Apply Update Package" . Choosing that option leads to a search for a file with an .updatepkg extension. Can someone please help me find out where to download the update file so it can be applied manually? JW.org link.................?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4umJMyQLX34QzVUWGJqYUNKWTg/view?usp=sharing

Here's a link for the February 2017 WT Library Update Package

25 minutes ago, iambryan said:

I can't update mine :(

cant_update.JPG

There was an update to the 2015 Library last year.  Many updates were successful but the program glitch prevented further updates (in English).  So it thinks you have been updated all you are allowed.  I found only two options.  Un-install the Library and re-install it and the older updates were allowed.  I have not heard of anyone getting the 2017 update to work on the 2015 Library.  The better choice was to install the 2016 DVD version (by disk or by files).

Just delete "update" file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Watchtower\Watchtower Library 2015\E ...and try again ;)

On 1/3/2017 at 10:04 AM, iambryan said:

I can't update mine :(

cant_update.JPG

On 1/3/2017 at 10:33 AM, jwhess said:

There was an update to the 2015 Library last year.  Many updates were successful but the program glitch prevented further updates (in English).  So it thinks you have been updated all you are allowed.  I found only two options.  Un-install the Library and re-install it and the older updates were allowed.  I have not heard of anyone getting the 2017 update to work on the 2015 Library.  The better choice was to install the 2016 DVD version (by disk or by files).

You can install February 2017 update in WTL 2015 too, of course this is an unofficial update. Here a screenshot of WTL 2015 Spanish edition:

wtl_marzo_2017_upd.jpg

Edited by zodwertj

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2017 at 1:23 AM, trottigy said:

the 2016 WTLibrary is out. Perhaps you can get a copy from a friend instead of this.

I have updated my copy of the WTLibrary using the update, is that what you meant by that statement. Just wondering. I use both the online and the WTLibrary installed on my pc but the only thing that I am disappointed with is that the daily text does not come up on the installed WTLibrary anymore. I am the only one with this problem?

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Are you using the files from the 2016 DVD or trying to update your older 2015 version?  I have installed the 2016 and the recent update.  I have the daily text.

Capture.JPG

Do you have a 2016 dvd? I was under the impression that they are not doing the 2016 dvd, that they are just doing updates for the 2015 dvd which I have installed as I got it last year. I applied the updates and it says it is all up to date. But I have no daily text :(

12 hours ago, UKGirl said:

thank you I thought i was going silly there for a minute as I had been having problems and when I asked on Sunday about the 2016 I was told they are not doing one. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it :)

You can borrow the 2016 DVD from another publisher or you can ask and someone will make the files from the 2016 DVD available for you.  Once you install the 2016 files, be sure to check the box for automatic updates.  there has been one update already this year.

• 2 weeks later...