JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your Favorite Wine?

Lynette, you are making me so hungry for that Chicken Marsala now....We have a Spaghetti Factory about 20 minutes from us....hmm...you're giving me ideas! I can feel my thighs expanding just thinking about it...LOL...

Have you ever made spaghetti squash at home and then served it with spaghetti sauce? It's really yummy.

I hope you'll like the Cupcake wines. Right now, I've got a bottle of their 'Red Velvet' open..it's really good!

Ahh yes! You should really go to Spaghetti Factory & try the Chicken Marsala! & the Creamy pesto dressing on the salad that comes with your meal, so yummy!

I have made the spaghetti squash at home, several ways, with sauce and also just with butter, sea salt & pepper with a little parmesan...it's so great & healthy!

I have the same question as Leslie about your Red Velvet wine from Cupcake...lol, how's the flavor?? :drink: Sounds exquisite to me!

Ok, Lynette & Leslie...I'll tell you what the back label says:

'This wine shows a heady nose of chocolate, deep rich blackberries, red fruits, and a creamy mocha finish that is unmistakable in its intensity and length. It's reminiscent of a blackberry chocolate cupcake with a mocha coulis. Enjoy with sweet and spicy Hoison steak, a barbeque bacon cheeseburger or even dark chocolate fondue.'

So, there you have it--I don't know if I taste all that, but I do know it's quite a full-bodied and fruity and all-around yummy wine!

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

I'm sold. I'll try it this weekend--Here's hoping it tastes like a piece of red velvet cake. I should just go ahead and make the cake. I'll like any recommendations for our lounge though. I'm afraid most of ur customers are red-neck bachelors who only appreicate stright shots of Crown, Jack, Wild Turkey 101, with a beer back. I keep hoping we will get some refined characters in here...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Ok, Lynette & Leslie...I'll tell you what the back label says:

'This wine shows a heady nose of chocolate, deep rich blackberries, red fruits, and a creamy mocha finish that is unmistakable in its intensity and length. It's reminiscent of a blackberry chocolate cupcake with a mocha coulis. Enjoy with sweet and spicy Hoison steak, a barbeque bacon cheeseburger or even dark chocolate fondue.'

So, there you have it--I don't know if I taste all that, but I do know it's quite a full-bodied and fruity and all-around yummy wine!

Oh BOY!! I am SOLD as well!!:drool:!! I adore chocolate & blackberries as well as steak, so I will try it with the suggested pairing.. Thanks for the description, it worked!! >:D<

• 2 weeks later...

hello Helen what is german hock. i've never heard of it in australia i like a sweet wine

or a cab/sav or shiraz. is the drink anything like these .

gabe:boating:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

German hock: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hock_(wine)

@all:

if you ever have the opportunity to drink an Austrian wine, especially from the "Burgenland", like a "Blaufränkisch" - please try it. It's one of the best wines that exist! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaufr%C3%A4nkisch

or a "Spätlese" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sp%C3%A4tlese :bouncing:

Lynette, you are making me so hungry for that Chicken Marsala now....We have a Spaghetti Factory about 20 minutes from us....hmm...you're giving me ideas! I can feel my thighs expanding just thinking about it...LOL...

Have you ever made spaghetti squash at home and then served it with spaghetti sauce? It's really yummy.

I hope you'll like the Cupcake wines. Right now, I've got a bottle of their 'Red Velvet' open..it's really good!

I just saw 2 of these Cupcake Wines at Wal.Mart. One was a dk. red (a merlot) and the other was a pink, I can't remember which one... I am going to try one out next time I purchase wine! The label read "dark fruits, vanilla, mocha", etc... sounded delicious)! It was the dk. red, the merlot... I love merlot anyways

• 1 month later...

55911=2928-What_is_yourFavorite_Wine.png Every body has their own taste in wine. Some like it Sweet' date=' some Sour or Bitter and others like it Sparkly. Then there are those that like Fruit Wines, Blackberry, Elderberry, Dandelion, Pineapple, Bananas etc. The Willamette Valley, where I reside, is known for its Pinot Noir, Pinot gris, White Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot, Pinot blanc, Gewürztraminer. Oregon has over 20,000 acres in grapes and 419 wineries. To me their all just sour grapes but then I am no wine connoisseur. What is your Favorite Wine?

i love a cab/ sav pinot noir moscato botritis or a liquer style port :drink:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Cupcake is on my list also not so much on the sandals version. One i tried last year is a little more than i normally usually spend on wine a whole 25 dollars. Its called harts desire and worth every penny of it. It traveled from sacramento to connecticut and back home to california. There was no way i was trusting anyone but me to cart it around. Oh but it was so good. Its a grenache. Starts off with strawberry flavor, then moves through several other really complex flavors and finishes with a hint of spearmint. And after it has breathed some even better. Mmmmhhhh. I may have to splurge and get some again.

Then for anyone who has traders joes nearby there is flying heart which is a good red blend.

• 2 weeks later...

Love your humor Leslie.

Let us pour some wine so we can Whine.

You got the time? LoLs.

Aloha Lynnette, I think you may be referring to one of my favorite wines: Ménage à Trois (California Red--a combination of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot) It's really good and reasonably priced...I get ours' at CostCo (I hear you have them in Hawaii now?) 78311=4381-bottle_red.gif

This is my favorite wine, I love red blends!

Coppola Black Claret is a tasty red... cherries, currants & vanilla     MMmmmm.....

don't know how to post a pic of it

some really good choices you all listed here I'll have to check out...

what do any of you do with a wine you thought you would like but is awful? any way to turn it into

something yummy? ideas?

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16