JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Your Favorite Wine?

55911=2928-What_is_yourFavorite_Wine.png Every body has their own taste in wine. Some like it Sweet, some Sour or Bitter and others like it Sparkly. Then there are those that like Fruit Wines, Blackberry, Elderberry, Dandelion, Pineapple, Bananas etc. The Willamette Valley, where I reside, is known for its Pinot Noir, Pinot gris, White Riesling, Chardonnay, Cabernet sauvignon, Syrah, Merlot, Pinot blanc, Gewürztraminer. Oregon has over 20,000 acres in grapes and 419 wineries. To me their all just sour grapes but then I am no wine connoisseur. What is your Favorite Wine?

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 3 weeks later...

I do not drink anymore...for about the last 10 years now...found it too easy to turn to drink to escape stress...but I did not come on here to preach:laugh:

I like Helen... liked a Cabernet Sauvigon (a deep red wine) or a dry white Hungarian wine....

I live in the Finger Lakes area in NY state, many wineries in this area and my favorite is "Chocolate Lab" by Pleasant Valley Wineries in Hammondsport NY. It is a red wine with literally a hint of chocolate. It is awesome and also is awesome mixed with some of their "Blackberry Merlot."

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Vernalee I love your graphics. There is a sister in our KH who is simply amazing, at everything she does. Growing plants, cooking making her own wine. I have to say I like her wine. I've tried a couple of different ones she's made with dinner and all were very good. I'll have to ask her what kind they were if she remembers since she makes all her wine.

My wife and I like a nice Chianti when we eat pasta, or a Montepulciano Abruzzo. We used to have Cabernet Sauvignon, and still do very occasionally, but now for a 'normal' meal it would be a Shiraz. We have cut down to a bottle or two a week, though, for my health's sake.

We are particularly fond of a nice (not too expensive) Champagne, but not the cheap Cava or sparkling wine. Our local supermarket is selling decent Champagne at £20 a bottle just now!

We helped mom celebrate her 69th wedding anniversary last night. I brought a bottle of Eola Hills Pinot Noir from a winery a few miles away. I don't know what all the flap over Oregon wine is all about. I about choked to death trying to drink that stuff. My brother in-law raves about it and takes pride in being a wine connoisseur.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I also like Lambrusco. Back in the day, though, I was a bad girl, it was Ripple, TJ Swan, Boone's Farm. The bottle was mine, all mine. Thanks to Jehovah I practice moderation....actually I can't even drink a whole glass. A few sips do me good. :drink:

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

My favorite is the kind with alcohol in it! :tongue:

:lol1:

Love that one! LOL......I agree wholeheartedly!!!

My favorite wine aside from the obvious is ....Barefoot Cabernet...Decent price for good quality, Menaje wa twa..(don't know how it spelled but it's also delicious, I prefer Reds.... Sometimes I enjoy it on ice with a float of Hansen's natural mandrin lime diet soda for a refreshing, light cooler...or a Sangria....I've grown to learn that there's nothing to me as pleasant as a nice meal perfectly paired with glass of wine....:eat::drink::dance:

Aloha Lynnette, I think you may be referring to one of my favorite wines: Ménage à Trois (California Red--a combination of Zinfandel, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot) It's really good and reasonably priced...I get ours' at CostCo (I hear you have them in Hawaii now?)

78311=4381-bottle_red.gif

I intend to live forever...so far so good. :D

Aloha Gabriele!! Yes that's right! I knew I was way off on the spelling but figured someone would know what I meant...it is really good. We do have Costco here, on Oahu alone we have 4! Also 3 Sam's Club's...They sell that wine in our local grocery stores too, it's usually about 8-10$ I will occasionally buy it if I'm not sharing it with a group because it doesn't last long and, im usually so broke, so I'd rather quietly enjoy it with just a friend or all mine! LoL..:tongue: Usually, since my budget is so tight lately I have found a couple of good tasting quality wines that are under $5 or a larger 1.5 liter for about 8$ which is perfect to share with a few more friends...I really like the Barefoot Cab or Robert Mondavi.....I feel I must have a little Italian in me somewhere because I feel a glass of wine with my dinner is like butter is to bread...:eat: A perfect pair! :hugs:

Hi Lynnette, You and I have similar tastes in wine...I love Barefoot wines..Have you heard of Cupcake wines? Love anything with that label--also reasonably priced. Ha, ha...maybe you do have some Italian in you...My mom has said the same thing about me--but because I love pasta so much! Well, have a great day in Paradise! Aloha!

78716=4404-hang-loose.gif

Hi Lynnette' date=' You and I have similar tastes in wine...I love Barefoot wines..Have you heard of Cupcake wines? Love anything with that label--also reasonably priced. Ha, ha...maybe you do have some Italian in you...My mom has said the same thing about me--but because I love pasta so much! Well, have a great day in Paradise! Aloha!

78716=4404-hang-loose.gif [/quote'] Yes Gabrielle, I think you're right! >:D< Great minds think alike I say! LoL... I have seen the Cupcake brand wine but I have yet to try it, i agree, with a name like Cupcake, it HAS to be good!! I will let ya know when I taste it, what I think....:drink: I love pasta too but it sure loves my thighs wayyyy too much! ... so I try to not eat it too often. We have this tradition that after every assembly last day sunday, my family & another couple of our close friends families all go to Spagghetti Factory & enjoy a feast and talk about what we enjoyed from the program.. We have some Chianti and I always order the Chicken Marsala, pasta(now they have gluten free which keeps down the bloating overstuffed feeling & tastes just as good we think) w/browned butter & Mizithra cheese, broccolli, and now they also serve spagghetti squash so we order a side of that too! I always eat part then take the rest home & have it for breakfast or lunch the next day..... It is my major pasta/carb splurge day!.:eat:.. lol... Ok, I must be getting hungry!! Time for breakfast...:drool:

Lynette, you are making me so hungry for that Chicken Marsala now....We have a Spaghetti Factory about 20 minutes from us....hmm...you're giving me ideas! I can feel my thighs expanding just thinking about it...LOL...

Have you ever made spaghetti squash at home and then served it with spaghetti sauce? It's really yummy.

I hope you'll like the Cupcake wines. Right now, I've got a bottle of their 'Red Velvet' open..it's really good!