JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Current Newspapers that have picked up our letter campaign.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2536 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

45 minutes ago, Sylv said:

A friend who used to be a Need Greater in Russia shared a Russian TV news clip that said 500 tons of mail has bogged down mail service in Moscow

I Googled that and all I can find is a news report in 2013 about 500 tons of parcels in Moscow.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Can you share that clip?

I estimate that it would take about 30 million letters to weigh 500 standard tons...

He shared it on Instagram and the video is in Russian. It looks like he recorded it from the TV with his phone.

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I get error messages from your links. If you are able to see the report can you tell us what the date is on it?

I've been working on trying to find an answer to your question ever since you asked. I was able to pull up the article a few times in Russian but I couldn't get google translate to work. After that I began getting the same error messages. Changed different browsers but nothing helped.

I just sent an email to the Russian brother  that posted the links and will send his reply as soon as I hear.

(He does have a very interesting website under his name on Facebook. I'm not on facebook but was able to get it through his username. Maybe someone from there could get more information. 

The article does have a date at the beginning with the numbers 15 and 2017 but couldn't translate the month.

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I get error messages from your links. If you are able to see the report can you tell us what the date is on it?

The brother sent  this link to youtube..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhBHsb2jOU

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

10 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Any other source but Facebook to verify this?

____
"Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."—Matthew 6:21.

I wrote to the russian brother that posted it and he sent me a youtube link  on their news. It should be posted here already 

7 minutes ago, Dove said:

I wrote to the russian brother that posted it and he sent me a youtube link  on their news. It should be posted here already 

Yes, you posted it already but the link takes you to a page that says "This video doesn't exist"

4 minutes ago, Musky said:

Yes, you posted it already but the link takes you to a page that says "This video doesn't exist"

Oh! I copied it by hand and may have made a mistake in one of the characters..I'm sorry about that. The brother is a genuine faithful brother and the mistake is mine. I didn't know how to upload the youtube video so I just wrote the link in.

I think that I will have to stop trying to post things because if there is even one glitch I feel unable  to find the problem.

Maybe I'll just go back to being a lurker..:ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Dove said:

Thank you. Hopefully someone here can translate it and determine if that is a new report or the one from 2013.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

35 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Thank you. Hopefully someone here can translate it and determine if that is a new report or the one from 2013.

Don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I have a granddaughter, reg. pioneer who has been studying the Russian language for some time now; she works once a week with a local Russian congregation . She also has good friends in Russia that they regularly visit and talk to on Skype so hopefully she will know when that video was made...

The article too?, because that looked like it was dated 2017. That would seem like even the Russian friends are being fooled as well...

3 hours ago, Dove said:

The article too?, because that looked like it was dated 2017. That would seem like even the Russian friends are being fooled as well...

Which article are you referring to? 

Just now, Tortuga said:

Which article are you referring to? 

In the brothers' post he sent a link for both an article and a video.

3 minutes ago, Dove said:

In the brothers' post he sent a link for both an article and a video.

That was one of the links that didn't work. Can you try again?

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

That was one of the links that didn't work. Can you try again?

Yes, but I'm having computer problems in getting anything to open at all. I'll keep trying..

22 minutes ago, Dove said:

Thank you very much for taking the time to try and figure this out!

This link opens a Readers Digest and I don't see anything about 500 tons of mail...:(

That doesn't look like what I sent or thought I was sending. I managed to copy it to Wordpad but I kept getting an error message saying I had no email program associated with it so I will have to figure that out. Changing my default didn't help. I'm really hitting walls at every turn.