JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Ten Plagues Upon the Egyptian Post Office

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2579 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 minutes ago, timpin said:

Have you not seen the many posts in several threads so far that many local media around the globe have already started to picke up on this in the past week???

Do you really expect "NOTHING" to happen???

I have read many media reports about the branch request to write letters and some media reports about some areas writing letters but I have not read any reports about any letters arriving in Russia yet. Have you?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

18 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I have read many media reports about the branch request to write letters and some media reports about some areas writing letters but I have not read any reports about any letters arriving in Russia yet. Have you?

No but I envision it much like the Scene in the video where Sennacherib seeing all his dead warriors raises his head heavenward and screams God's name.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

No only seen that we are going to , and pictures from witnesses themselves, nothing from secular authorities or publicly Post offices.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

All I can think about is how important this must have been that Jehovah would interrupt our memorial campaign to write letters .... letters written now back to our task at hand ....get those memorial invitations out and patiently wait and see  what happens with the results of our efforts   We can speculate til the cows  come home  but ........... the out come will be evident in time as Jehovah sees fit for it to play out. 

Welcome to the forum Tom  lol we appreciate your input and know your motives were pure ....  our forum family  is  always ready to forgive . :) 

Yes Miss Mouse all the important stuff happens behind closed doors (if they can close their doors because of all the letters) by the time it hits the public media, it's already a done deal usually. So would like to be a fly on the wall of the post offices right now (A fly of supersonic speed) and of the Kremlin as well.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, Miss Mouse said:

All I can think about is how important this must have been that Jehovah would interrupt our memorial campaign to write letters .... letters written now back to our task at hand ....get those memorial invitations out and patiently wait and see  what happens with the results of our efforts   We can speculate til the cows  come home  but ........... the out come will be evident in time as Jehovah sees fit for it to play out. 

Welcome to the forum Tom  lol we appreciate your input and know your motives were pure ....  our forum family  is  always ready to forgive . :) 

You NAILED it Sis  - now that's Positive thinking!  

Nice insight Tom on your first 10 posts  (already a full access user tells us something) ...   http://jwtalk.net/forums/profile/8406-truetomharley/ 

.... interesting scrolling blog too    ...  http://www.tomsheepandgoats.com 

As we all keep a close eye on World News this week/month ahead!

Edited by timpin

6 minutes ago, morningdove said:

Guess that's a giveaway it's not a real picture...:uhhuh:

unless it's been photobombed :lol1:

Someone was just having fun...

58e1227744103_DirtyDesk.JPG.6d739ee3f34dd69ddfd2401441f42b33.JPG

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 1 de abril de 2017 at 0:02 AM, TrueTomHarley said:

From elsewhere, posted by bruceq:

Yes Tom that is true and it is also in the public press here :

Enormous attention to Jehovah's Witnesses case

PETITION FILED FOR SPACIOUS COURTROOM AND VIDEOTAPING IN HEARINGS IN SUPREME COURT OF RUSSIA

https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17032310-109.html

On 21 March 2017 the Administrative Center of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia sent to the Supreme Court of Russia a petition that for the hearing on the lawsuit of the Russian Ministry of Justice a courtroom for the sessions capable of accommodating 200 and more persons be provided and also that there be provided the possibility for persons present in the courtroom to make video recordings of the judicial session.

"In and of itself the submission of such an unprecedented petition to the court is for Russia an extraordinary event, attention to which is riveted not only in all of Russia but throughout the world also, since Jehovah's Witnesses are not only a well known and recognized religion in Russia but also a famous Christian religion worldwide, that is professed in an overwhelming majority of countries and territories of the world. After the posting of the aforementioned information on the website of the Supreme Court of the RF, the Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia received numerous requests for clarification of the date and time of the hearing from representatives of local religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses, state bodies, news media, rights advocacy organizations, representatives of embassies of various countries, believers, and other persons," one of the petitions says. "Orally they express their desire to be immediately present for the consideration of this case."

[I cannot read Russian. Someone who can should visit the site provided (cut and paste) and confirm it matches the translation brucceq supplied me. It sounds so much like the language of the truth, however, that I don't doubt that it is valid.]

Excuse me, but this doesn't say that the witnesses have withdrawn their appeal. 

13 hours ago, leoperales said:

Excuse me, but this doesn't say that the witnesses have withdrawn their appeal. 

Leoperales is right. It doesn't. Good catch. Maybe they did. Maybe they didn't. But there's not a clue here.

Miss Mouse also makes sense. When you've done all you can do, put it in Jehovah's hands and move on. 

But I like to write. Perhaps too much. So here's one more presented with that justification. Besides, if you talk about something, you are more likely to pray about it, and prayer for our brothers in Russia is a good thing:

When Putin opens my letter, he will be disheartened. He will see several paragraphs. He will want with all his heart to read it, but he has several million other letters to get through. He will toss the letter.

He will then open the next letter and discover, as he suspected from the envelope, that it is from a child. It includes drawings, one of a sad little girl because Putin is being mean to her nice friends, and one from a happy little girl, because he has had a change of heart. Putin will smile faintly, for everyone loves children. He will put this letter aside. Possibly he will show it to his grandchildren someday.

He will open the next letter. It will also be from me – not the same letter, but worded and reasoned upon completely anew. He will roll his eyes. “Another letter from that windbag Harley,” he will mutter, and toss it in the trash.

How many letters will Putin get? Eight million, at a minimum, as every Witness in the world will write him. They only had to be invited once, and they instantly responded. Putin has never seen anything like it and he will not forget it. It will not necessarily melt his heart. It may make him mad. He has a country to run. He has a world infested with verbal assassins he must stay abreast of. He even has would-be physical assassins, and one of them succeeded in taking out his favorite limosine driver, a no-doubt decent man. So he may not like it that Jehovah’s Witnesses try to flood his Kremlin and paralyze him, like the Dr. Suess king mired in oobleck.

I apologize to him. I really do. Unfortunately, the well-being of my brothers is at stake, and we feel we must get his attention somehow. He is being given bad advice by religionists. If he takes it, he will look like an utter fool on the world stage because nobody can read JW materials, online or in print, and think them extremist. Perhaps he should get mad at those who would maneuver him into such a ridiculous position.

Most likely, the eight million is just for starters. Six addresses are listed. Many Witnesses will send their same letter to all six, bringing the total to – say, 30 million. Yuri will not be jealous that Dmitry received the same letter as he. Some comfortable in writing will compose several letters and send each to all six. Make that 50 million. Then there will be non-Witness, human rights people. These will write in numbers of far less percentage, but there are far more of them. There will be some who don’t like Jehovah’s Witnesses and support the ban. Not to mention outright opposers who will be cheerleaders for him to take harsher measures. Will that bring the total to 60 million? More? Your guess is as good as mine.

Will letters from opposers fool him? I doubt it. He will say: “Look, I can see why Harley would write me, and all his 8 million chums. But what about this loser? Is he pretending he is somehow my friend who would warn me of a great danger? Is he not part of the general world who was last week (in the U.S.) called me a thug and a murderer?”

Putin may have them all sunk at sea and never read one. But he cannot fail to know of their existence and will perhaps wonder: ‘what would the world be like if everyone behaved as do these JWs, transcending national, racial, and social divisions to show loving concern for their spiritual brothers?

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

Most business document incoming mail, date received, who it is from, etc. Can you imagine? 

We had our assembly yesterday. The brother from Bethel said that we don't know the end of the matter yet. What we do know is no matter what Jehovah allows to happen, he is behind our dear brothers and sisters in Russia. And that, looking back, historically, this will be an important event in our history. And Jehovah allowed us to be a part of it! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

On 3/29/2017 at 7:23 PM, Tortuga said:

TrueTom, I loved your book, you definitely have a sense of humor. I appreciate that Jesus did too..

Thank you, Tortuga. If you did enjoy it, consider writing an online review as smashwords.com. The casual Ebook reader does not realize how important reviews are to a book's visibility. If it garners enough, Smashwords themselves gets behind it and can promote it far more than I ever can hope to . The book is also available elsewhere; Smashwords distributes it to Apple iStore and Barnes & Noble, for example. I believe one can leave reviews there also.

I'm happy when the brothers like the book, but I did not write it solely for them. A few of the friends have not liked it because it gives away many a foible and not everyone thinks that appropriate. However, I liken it to displaying some vulnerability so as to evoke good will in an otherwise skeptical reader - I wrote it primarily for them - as a witness for those who are not so likely to respond to our conventional fare. It's far from a Bethel release but I wrote it for the same purpose. Within are paragraphs designed to make favorable appeal to Russian and Chinese authorities, should it ever be noticed by them, as well as the many who left the faith as youths.

A review need not be any more than two or three lines. What you've already posted, with but minor alteration, would do just fine.

Edited by TrueTomHarley

Author of two ebooks and print, one on the opposition to the kingdom work in Russia, and one on the opposition in Western lands. Search: Tom Harley on Kindle and other ebook retailers.

It's hard to imagine that traffic to jw.org will not increase, perhaps even explode. In view of the publicity over Russia, people will want to see if it is truly extremist. this may be especially true with those we find difficult to reach: the newsworthy and well-connected. What will be the result when they discover that it is not?

Perhaps that is the greatest contribution our Russian brothers make to Jehovah.

True, some are preaching the Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter are proclaiming the Christ out of love, for they know that I have been appointed to defend the good news; but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are intending to create trouble for me in my prison bonds. With what result? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and I rejoice over this. ...  Phillipians 1:15-18

Edited by TrueTomHarley

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Thank you, Tortuga. If you did enjoy it, consider writing an online review as smashwords.com.

I posted a review shortly after I finished reading the book.

7 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It's hard to imagine that traffic to jw.org will not increase, perhaps even explode. In view of the publicity over Russia, people will want to see if it is truly extremist. this may be especially true with those we find difficult to reach: the newsworthy and well-connected. What will be the result when they discover that it is not?

Perhaps that is the greatest contribution our Russian brothers make to Jehovah.

True, some are preaching the Christ out of envy and rivalry, but others out of goodwill. The latter are proclaiming the Christ out of love, for they know that I have been appointed to defend the good news; but the former do it out of contentiousness, not with a pure motive, for they are intending to create trouble for me in my prison bonds. With what result? Only that in every way, whether in pretense or in truth, Christ is being proclaimed, and I rejoice over this. ...  Phillipians 1:15-18

Wow-whee, what a formatting mess! How did that happen? My bad, I'm sure. It always is.

6 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Wow-whee, what a formatting mess! How did that happen? My bad, I'm sure. It always is.

Now it is fixed! There is a true God!