JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Women's clothing advice...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2272 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Saw this advice on Facebook for these crazy women who wear skirts/dresses way high up:

"Raise your arms and touch your toes. If anything shows...Go change your clothes." 

Well, the above will never happen of course, and I'm referring to the exercise alone. Lol.

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

Saw this advice on Facebook for these crazy women who wear skirts/dresses way high up:

"Raise your arms and touch your toes. If anything shows...Go change your clothes." 

Well, the above will never happen of course, and I'm referring to the exercise alone. Lol.

Or, dresses/blouses too low...

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Lol. A sister said at an assembly a brother mentioned the "Bow wow blouses" a few sisters wear. 

The blouses are so low that the brothers see (not they that deliberately "look" but it's right in their faces for cryin' out loud!) and go "wow." 

That may or may not be funny, but it goes to show how a few sisters still aren't dressing modestly (I still witness a few). I'm assuming they feel it's their business, and brothers are men too.

Well, they're right! Brothers are men! Yet that's just it! Why put our men in a situation where they have to fight with themselves to stay integrity keepers around our own people! It's bad enough they have to fight once they step out the doors after a meeting...especially in the summer! 

Edited by Luezette

1 minute ago, Luezette said:

Lol. A sister said at an assembly a brother mentioned the "Bow wow blouses" a few sisters wear. 

The blouses are so low that the brothers look and go "wow." 

Don't even like the sight of cleavage..same as when some bend over in these low pants and you see 'cleavage' on the back end :( Sorry, hope that's an acceptable word picture..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

39 minutes ago, Dove said:

same as when some bend over in these low pants and you see 'cleavage' on the back end

This is a concern with the LDC - they do not use "crack filler" so they require proper attire.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Sisters, hold your skirts, or dresses up to a window. Does not matter if the skirt is lined or not. If you see through those four layers, wear a slip. In reality, I use skirts I especially bought to use as slips, but I have found, "lining" can be pretty skimpy!  

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Yep. Everything in clothing seems to be "skimpy" these days. 

Even coats aren't as they were.

And jeans? What jeans? They're full of holes! 

Oh! One summer day at our book study (as we used to have them), before it began a brother walked in with a long sleeve summer shirt. What I noticed though was an undershirt underneath. Since it was soo hot outside, I asked him wasn't he hot with that undershirt on. He replied that it makes him feel cool because it absorbs the perspiration. 

That did it for me! I always knew that these women were wearing clothes to attract the opposite sex (bunch of dummies), but now they were willing to have their skin burnt just for sake of getting noticed! 

Edited by Luezette

56 minutes ago, Luezette said:

Oh! One summer day at our book study (as we used to have them), before it began a brother walked in with a long sleeve summer shirt. What I noticed though was an undershirt underneath. Since it was soo hot outside, I asked him wasn't he hot with that undershirt on. He replied that it makes him feel cool because it absorbs the perspiration. 

My husband says the same thing about the undershirt...

34 minutes ago, Bjern said:

If you're not sure if it's modest or not, it's probably not.

Like , 'if in doubt, don't';  helps many times to go one way or another.

On 6/7/2017 at 1:57 PM, Luezette said:

Since it was soo hot outside, I asked him wasn't he hot with that undershirt on. He replied that it makes him feel cool because it absorbs the perspiration. 

On 6/7/2017 at 2:55 PM, Dove said:

My husband says the same thing about the undershirt...

That really does work. ..

When I worked down in the SoCal desert summer temperature would be well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Many days it was 120 or so..Most of the Mexican guys on the job site would wear heavy cotton long sleeve shirts.  I asked a guy why and got that same reply. ..

I usually wore a tee shirt and would just drink a lot of water and take salt tablets, many times getting home with a salty crust on my shirt about halfway down.

There is a group of crazy people that have a sort of contest walking across the desert in the summer heat,  they will wear up to 6 layers of clothing just for that very reason. They don't dry out because the clothes hold the perspiration instead of it just evaporating off..

• 6 months later...

Two young ladies arrived a Meeting wearing
clothes that were quite revealing their body
parts. Here is what the Chairman told them:He
took a good look at them and made them
sit.Then he said something that, they might never
forget in their life. He looked at them straight in
the eyes and said; "ladies, everything that God
made valuable in this world is well covered and
hardly to see, find or get.
1. Where do you find diamonds? Deep down in the
ground, covered and protected.