JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How Did You Find jwtalk.net?

1 hour ago, M&M said:

Hi Matthew. Is much of your family JW's?

All of them, raised in the truth. We have great relationships, never once argued or had a fall out. 

I was raised by my mother and two sisters. My father is in the truth but my parents are living separate, they separated when I was 1 years old. My two sisters are now married. My one sister lives more local and is in our congregation, so we see her and her husband (who is very spiritual, is a servant) regularly. I can have discussions with him about deep things and spiritual things, but of course we do not live in the same household. My other sister lives further away with her husband, has three children, so we do not see them as often, but they come around on a regular bi-weekend basis.  

My aunt (mother's sister) is also in the truth, as is her husband. My grandmother is, but she has severe dementia these days, Grandmother on my father's side is also. But these family members really also are not prone for having deep discussions of any kind. As for my cousins and and other family members outside that, they are not in the truth. 

I'm the only intuitive type in the family, aside from my father, who I have taken after in terms of cognitive traits.But of course I don't see him often as he does not live with us. It's why despite having a fantastic relationship with my family, really couldn't ask for better, that we don't always connect on a mental level. They are always saying I'm too smart or too deep for them. :lol: But I simply say in return that they are just as smart but in different areas of life. As Einstein says; "Everyone is a genius, but if you measure a fish's ability by how well it can fly, it will go all it's life thinking it's an idiot." 

I am in incredibly impractical when it comes to day to day affairs and the important basic needs life in comparison to them. They are the epitome of organised and down to earth, whilst I am more akin to a dreamy capricious philosopher. I take after my father for that., though even he does not think as deeply as me, but that may be due to learning difficulties that he was born with. 

I was on yahoo answers and a sister originally from Africa living in Russia was on there too so I come to find the spiritual blessing of jw forum as I love learning more of Jehovah's spiritual refreshment everyday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgive freely as Jehovah Freely forgives us :)

To all, I found out this site just lately... After being found on forum/site through their many likes of the page, I liked what they post. I look to its pictures and I like it too. I wonder if that is the site someone is suggesting me from our congregation, she told me the password like 1914... (Little did I know its meekspace) I eventually realized if it boost others faith, why not it could be harmful? Knowing others in my congregation liked that as well. I joined it and also got lost in tract as a rebel one, but got busy when I got to work in site. When I did work on site, I still got confuse like something's lost tract that should be a take away. I got to know the head owner of the site too. I search out his name in google, and shocking thing I realized another website is still not known to myself. I realized it could be easy to get in even many where the questions for witnesses. But before that I find it shocking too is that the head owner is an apostate. :lol: And that starts my getting posts in here, getting likes and making fun at other members. 

A little while, I realize to get to know some other members through facebook. I look up facebook of mods like brother shawn, rocket, others. I forgot that when I remember Tortuga, it click on my mind I already know him since 2012... But he's gone now :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

On 04/07/2017 at 11:07 PM, Alexa said:

I forgot that when I remember Tortuga, it click on my mind I already know him since 2012... But he's gone now :)

Tortuga is not gone... just give him time :)

Boy, I miss his sense of humor!

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 3 weeks later...

I too, stay away from anything other than jw.org. - even instagram stuff! One day I was looking for guitar chords, theocratic songs, and found this site. I lurked, watched, waited and then joined.(Didnt find any more chords! :-) ) As Carlos says- I find the variety of brothers/sisters here to be a "virtual congregation"; from some strong, well balanced elders, to pioneers and publishers who are faithful and loyal despite the real difficulties you are enduring. I am not "on site" that often, I dont comment on many topics but I do "listen" and learn :-) :-) 

PS- any on here who are HLC members? This is a confidential list - elders only- so maybe a separate tab for those who are?  

I am generally not a forum follower. Joined FB in 2009, when I had a book signing, and was going to use FB just for business. All my worldly relatives are on FB, and that's the way they communicate with me.  This has been useful in may ways: example, my recent cancer diagnosis is the same as my older sister. She  gave me more info than my oncologist, and that helped me in pursuing medical decisions.  I started this post by being off topic, because, well you know. :offtopic: I also love Bible research.

I have no other Witnesses in my family and used to hear others saying they had  discussed an article or publication as soon as they got it.  I was researching a specific subject (can't remember which) when this intriguing site popped up.   Answered all the  membership questions so that I could access more Bible research done by Brothers and Sisters.  :sunshine:

It has been very informative and up-building. In my experience, it  has subjects that are relevant, caring members, and is well moderated: the last two preceding items  came as a complete surprise.  :loopy:

On 7/6/2017 at 1:44 AM, Gregexplore said:

Tortuga is not gone... just give him time :)

Boy, I miss his sense of humor!

Not gone, just pulled back into his shell. He is watching us and saying little, a wise turtle.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Old said:

Not gone, just pulled back into his shell. He is watching us and saying little, a wise turtle.

Hope he's just resting; not ill or troubled..

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 7/6/2017 at 3:57 PM, carlos said:

Hi @Alexa! It's nice to see you. We have missed you, girl. :)

How are things going in your corner of the world? Have you heard any news from the brothers in Mindanao, are they ok?

We heard terrorist groups making their way to Mindanao, mainly ISIS. They are the snipers battling against the government. In months of war between the group of newly formed maute which allied ISIS, the authorities doubt why it doesn't stop. They think they were supplied for months of battle. I don't know any brothers and sisters in Marawi, Mindanao. But Mindanao is under martial law, it probably limited our brothers and sisters in going out to ministry. I heard martial law is not dangerous but tightens security. Thank you brother Carlos, it's been awhile for myself here :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :)