JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

...it dropped in the outhouse...

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2433 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I can't believe someone would do this. Happened just down the road from us. ICK!

My brother lost his glasses in the outhouse once, we used the pitch fork at least.

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/free/20170815/dropping-house-damsel-rescued-from-pungent-predicament#.WZOC27z6y3l.facebook

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

21 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I can't believe someone would do this. Happened just down the road from us. ICK!

My brother lost his glasses in the outhouse once, we used the pitch fork at least.

http://www.chinookobserver.com/co/free/20170815/dropping-house-damsel-rescued-from-pungent-predicament#.WZOC27z6y3l.facebook

Oh, my!!

Good thing it wasn't a "port-o-let" - they have a blue liquid that would be horrible to try to rescue a phone in.

The other day I was coming out of a convenience store when a girl who had gotten out of the car parked next to my truck threw some trash in the waste can outside the store. She wandered back to the car and back to the trash and back toward the car. then she told the guy in the car, "I threw my phone in the trash." She didn't seem to know what to do. He told her to just get it out. She went back to the trash and looked in - surprised, she exclaimed, "Hey, It's right here on top!"

She reached in and got her phone - no problems at all.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

(big sigh) There are so many people who don't have any smarts, what's up with that?

And now we have the eclipse happening around here, any guesses as to the mentality of the people arriving? 5998e94648acd_Nosmily.jpg.7925082583c15a1ef84c2cedcbce9c61.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

And now we have the eclipse happening around here, any guesses as to the mentality of the people arriving?

The fact that so many would drive so far and spend so much to look at something that only takes a few minutes would seem to answer that question .....

Then there are the people that will still look at it with their bare eyes even though there have been so many warning not to.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Just now, Qapla said:

The fact that so many would drive so far and spend so much to look at something that only takes a few minutes would seem to answer that question .....

Then there are the people that will still look at it with their bare eyes even though there have been so many warning not to.

I understand it'll last about an hour and a half, but yes. The expense alone is staggering. Why they don't just watch the recording of it.  I heard a bit of info this morning about Lincoln City, it has a population of about 8,500 people, this next week it'll see 100,000 people!! There are pictures of Madras, Oregon too- insane!

I got all my work done today so I can avoid all the crazies! But service tomorrow after meeting should prove interesting.

Reminds me of the story about the guy who accidently dropped a dollar down the outhouse. His friend is confused when the guy pulls out his wallet and throws a twenty dollar bill down the hole. His friend asks, "Why did you do that?"

The guy explained, "I am not going down there for just a dollar!"

13 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I understand it'll last about an hour and a half, but yes. The expense alone is staggering. Why they don't just watch the recording of it.  I heard a bit of info this morning about Lincoln City, it has a population of about 8,500 people, this next week it'll see 100,000 people!! There are pictures of Madras, Oregon too- insane!

I got all my work done today so I can avoid all the crazies! But service tomorrow after meeting should prove interesting.

I wonder how many of those 100,000 people will be changing their plans this AM because of the weather forecast. Partly Cloudy at 10 AM.  I would really hate to spend $1000.00 a night for a Hotel/Motel and not see the eclipse. Makes for a very expensive party.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

11 minutes ago, Wm-Scott said:

Reminds me of the story about the guy who accidently dropped a dollar down the outhouse. His friend is confused when the guy pulls out his wallet and throws a twenty dollar bill down the hole. His friend asks, "Why did you do that?"

The guy explained, "I am not going down there for just a dollar!"

I was thinking of the same story :D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, rocket said:

I wonder how many of those 100,000 people will be changing their plans this AM because of the weather forecast. Partly Cloudy at 10 AM.  I would really hate to spend $1000.00 a night for a Hotel/Motel and not see the eclipse. Makes for a very expensive party.

A funny thing is happening here on the coast. The forecast for abominable traffic and super high room prices seems to have dimmed the spirits. Saturday the traffic was less than a typical summer weekend and most motels still have rooms. The locals are backing off their guess of thousands and thousands of visitors. The weather looks good this morning and the forecast for Monday looks very good.

The neighboring congregation set up a cart at the Yaquina Light House and HWY 101 intersection below our house, counting on heavy traffic (vehicle). We took our guests to breakfast (Zabos) across the HWY and watched the high pedestrian traffic walk by, two people in an hour and one of them changed sides of the street to avoid the cart. :(

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

This was a news story in NH when I lived in Maine (border). http://www.wmur.com/article/man-pulled-from-women-s-outhouse-tank/5142933

A teenager  was using a public outhouse and looked down to see a pair of eyes staring up at her. The police believed that this man was a peeper who hid in the waste water.  As I recall, he beat the charges by saying he had dropped a ring (or was it a watch?) down and was in there looking for it.  And nobody wrote a song about dropping a ring in it.  

10 minutes ago, kejedo said:

This was a news story in NH when I lived in Maine (border). http://www.wmur.com/article/man-pulled-from-women-s-outhouse-tank/5142933

A teenager  was using a public outhouse and looked down to see a pair of eyes staring up at her. The police believed that this man was a peeper who hid in the waste water.  As I recall, he beat the charges by saying he had dropped a ring (or was it a watch?) down and was in there looking for it.  And nobody wrote a song about dropping a ring in it.  

Reminds me of a story about "Little America" a gas stop on Route 66. It was the only station for a hundred miles each way, very barren country. A trucker was getting a fill-up and he asked the cashier what they did for entertainment way out here? The cashier replied, "watch this", as a woman got out of her car and went into the 'two holer.' The cashier waited for a few seconds and then spoke into a microphone, "Hey lady would you mind moving over to the next hole? We're painting down here!"

Fast times at Little America!:lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.