JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

LDC Disaster Relief

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1952 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I was very disappointed that I wasn't invited by LDC to help with the initial response in Texas.

However, I might have an opportunity to do something closer to home. 

Santa Rosa is only an hour away...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I was a bit relieved I wasn't asked to help in the initial response here in Florida or elsewhere - at the moment I am not in a position to accept, by not being asked, I did not have to turn something down B)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

7 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I was very disappointed that I wasn't invited by LDC to help with the initial response in Texas.

I am sorry about that brother tortuga :(

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

I talked to one of the LDC Field Reps today to see what I needed to do to ensure my water fowl are in an upright and linear position. I want to be invited to help with the disaster relief but I wasn't sure what I needed to do on my BA profile. I was concerned that I don't have a specific trade listed and my skills have not been assessed by anyone yet, He told me that the Disaster Relief brothers will use anyone that is available to respond and still sleep at home. The skills listed on the BA profile do not need to be assessed. :thumbsup:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 9 months later...
On 9/10/2017 at 8:31 PM, Tortuga said:

BTW: If anyone is planning to help out with Disaster Relief in 2018, you may need a passport for domestic flights.

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions#realid

Someone from a different site suggested we link their Ultimate Guide on Airport Security in this topic. Here it is, in case it's useful for some travelers:

https://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/guide-airport-security-options.php

• 4 months later...
On 10/10/2017 at 7:55 PM, Tortuga said:

I wasn't invited to help at Santa Rosa last year and I assume I wont be asked to help with Paradise this year. That's ok, my DC-50 is still on file... 

On 11/21/2018 at 9:27 AM, Tortuga said:

I wasn't invited to help at Santa Rosa last year and I assume I wont be asked to help with Paradise this year.

That is because turtles are too slow.

Plus you are an older turtle and the ash is really bad for your health. 🐢

From the sounds of your comments over quite awhile your plate is quite full already.

Don't sweat it. Give others the opportunity to help. :flowers:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: