Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OCT 1 in History - Theocratic History that is!


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1826 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

Thanks Neil,

 

I've known for years that numerous events in the Bible happened in

October, and that it couldn't just be happenchance.  That month of the year

most certainly must have some extra importance to Jehovah.

Thanks for all your effort, for gathering it all together, and sharing it with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you brother for your information.

On Oct 1 2017 ( yesterday) I was asked to lead a group In field service as there is a lack of mineral servants in my congregation  .
What a coincidence.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk
 


Edited by dilip kumar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

On Oct 1 2017 ( yesterday) I was asked to lead a group In field service as there is a lack of mineral servants in my congregation  .
What a coincidence.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk
 

Minerals are necessary, but don't forget about the vitamins! :thumbsup::lol1:

Forgive me, Dilip! I just couldn't restrain myself... :blush::peace:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎02‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 2:47 AM, dilip kumar said:

Thank you brother for your information.

On Oct 1 2017 ( yesterday) I was asked to lead a group In field service as there is a lack of mineral servants in my congregation  .
What a coincidence.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk
 

In our congregation there are 7 elders and 8 ministerial servants, but the ministerial servants are in average 70 years old - the third-youngest is 77. In a congregation near mine there are 17 elders and 2 ministerial servants and in another congregation there are 8 elders and 0 ministerial servants because the last two ministerial servants got elders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SteEis said:

In our congregation there are 7 elders and 8 ministerial servants, but the ministerial servants are in average 70 years old - the third-youngest is 77. In a congregation near mine there are 17 elders and 2 ministerial servants and in another congregation there are 8 elders and 0 ministerial servants because the last two ministerial servants got elders.

They need to train more brothers. Teach them what is required. 17 elders mean they might be able to split the congregation?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

They need to train more brothers. Teach them what is required. 17 elders mean they might be able to split the congregation?

 

Teach them what is required? We don't have any them. The problem in our congregation, there are no young brothers. Our MSs are middle age to quite old. I would guess, without looking at records they are 37, 58, 61, 78, 80, 70 years of age, with one potential and he is well over 50. Seven elders and five ministerial servants with no new candidates coming down the pike. This is very typical of congregations in our area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Old said:

Teach them what is required? We don't have any them. The problem in our congregation, there are no young brothers. Our MSs are middle age to quite old. I would guess, without looking at records they are 37, 58, 61, 78, 80, 70 years of age, with one potential and he is well over 50. Seven elders and five ministerial servants with no new candidates coming down the pike. This is very typical of congregations in our area.

Are you listed as a congregation where the need is great? Perhaps you can get some young folks to move in? Of course, the BoE should talk to the CO, but the most successful cases I know of is where individual publishers have made an effort to reach out to young ones in the circuit or nearby ones.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Are you listed as a congregation where the need is great? Perhaps you can get some young folks to move in? Of course, the BoE should talk to the CO, but the most successful cases I know of is where individual publishers have made an effort to reach out to young ones in the circuit or nearby ones.

From looking around at our CAs I don't see much to pull from, but yes we have requested assistance from the CO, some did move in which accounts for our youngest ms. Several families have moved in over the last ten years, they typically stay through one winter and then remember they are needed elsewhere. One of our elders came to that conclusion this week. Our number of publishers has held fairly steady for the last 11 years (Since we moved in.) usually around 65 pubs. Employment opportunities are very limited.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

They need to train more brothers. Teach them what is required. 17 elders mean they might be able to split the congregation?

I think they will not split the congregation because three congregations merged two years ago to two congregation and one of them has 17 elders. This congregation with 17 elders has about 70 publishers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.7.20 (changelog)