JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

OCT 1 in History - Theocratic History that is!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2388 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Thanks Neil,

I've known for years that numerous events in the Bible happened in

October, and that it couldn't just be happenchance.  That month of the year

most certainly must have some extra importance to Jehovah.

Thanks for all your effort, for gathering it all together, and sharing it with us.

Thank you brother for your information.

On Oct 1 2017 ( yesterday) I was asked to lead a group In field service as there is a lack of mineral servants in my congregation  .
What a coincidence.

Sent from my Infinix X572 using Tapatalk

Edited by dilip kumar

20 hours ago, dilip kumar said:

On Oct 1 2017 ( yesterday) I was asked to lead a group In field service as there is a lack of mineral servants in my congregation  .
What a coincidence.

Minerals are necessary, but don't forget about the vitamins! :thumbsup::lol1:

Forgive me, Dilip! I just couldn't restrain myself... :blush::peace:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

2018 would be interesting. ..January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November or December. ..I really don't care :blushing:.But January would be more satisfying :D:ecstatic:

“The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.” 

On ‎02‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 2:47 AM, dilip kumar said:

Thank you brother for your information.

What a coincidence.

In our congregation there are 7 elders and 8 ministerial servants, but the ministerial servants are in average 70 years old - the third-youngest is 77. In a congregation near mine there are 17 elders and 2 ministerial servants and in another congregation there are 8 elders and 0 ministerial servants because the last two ministerial servants got elders.

1 hour ago, SteEis said:

In our congregation there are 7 elders and 8 ministerial servants, but the ministerial servants are in average 70 years old - the third-youngest is 77. In a congregation near mine there are 17 elders and 2 ministerial servants and in another congregation there are 8 elders and 0 ministerial servants because the last two ministerial servants got elders.

They need to train more brothers. Teach them what is required. 17 elders mean they might be able to split the congregation?

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

55 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

They need to train more brothers. Teach them what is required. 17 elders mean they might be able to split the congregation?

Teach them what is required? We don't have any them. The problem in our congregation, there are no young brothers. Our MSs are middle age to quite old. I would guess, without looking at records they are 37, 58, 61, 78, 80, 70 years of age, with one potential and he is well over 50. Seven elders and five ministerial servants with no new candidates coming down the pike. This is very typical of congregations in our area.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

1 minute ago, Old said:

Teach them what is required? We don't have any them. The problem in our congregation, there are no young brothers. Our MSs are middle age to quite old. I would guess, without looking at records they are 37, 58, 61, 78, 80, 70 years of age, with one potential and he is well over 50. Seven elders and five ministerial servants with no new candidates coming down the pike. This is very typical of congregations in our area.

Are you listed as a congregation where the need is great? Perhaps you can get some young folks to move in? Of course, the BoE should talk to the CO, but the most successful cases I know of is where individual publishers have made an effort to reach out to young ones in the circuit or nearby ones.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

3 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Are you listed as a congregation where the need is great? Perhaps you can get some young folks to move in? Of course, the BoE should talk to the CO, but the most successful cases I know of is where individual publishers have made an effort to reach out to young ones in the circuit or nearby ones.

From looking around at our CAs I don't see much to pull from, but yes we have requested assistance from the CO, some did move in which accounts for our youngest ms. Several families have moved in over the last ten years, they typically stay through one winter and then remember they are needed elsewhere. One of our elders came to that conclusion this week. Our number of publishers has held fairly steady for the last 11 years (Since we moved in.) usually around 65 pubs. Employment opportunities are very limited.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

4 hours ago, Thesauron said:

I think they will not split the congregation because three congregations merged two years ago to two congregation and one of them has 17 elders. This congregation with 17 elders has about 70 publishers.