JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's start a pet thread!

87823=4966-indian flower mantis.JPG

87823=4967-indian flower mantis2.JPG

87823=4968-cats.JPG I have a few interesting pets. Currently have 4 beta fish 3 praying mantids and one alligator lizard. Most people would think Im rather strange having bugs as pets, but there are advantages. Mainly roaches tend to be their favorite meal. Being that roaches have decided to make my place their marriott hotel and the fact that they are creepy both dead and alive I needed alternative to boric acid and having to clean up above mentioned creepy crawlies Mantids work wonders. If you have ever seen the movie Joes house I think it is called, you would understand the dilemma. so the first 2 photos are mantids and 3rd is my grandmas misheivous kitty that I couldnt resist

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALRIGHT - THAT'S IT, BROTHER MOISES!!! I'm coming all the way across the country to TAKE THAT ADORABLE CHILD AWAY FROM YOU!!! That's the consequences of flaunting that darling face in front of me...

Praying Mantis as a pet - I think it is a great idea! They are fascinating creatures. But how do you cuddle them???

The Bee

Here is my pug named "Jonah"

3565077673_1a5c672dfe_z.jpg

He is our little comedian! he makes all sorts of silly faces..

He sleeps at least 18 hours a day,and when hes not sleeping he wants to be either

eating or sitting in one of our laps!

I never met a dog so gentle as him in my entire life.

He has never bitten or even snapped at a single person.My 5 year old and 3 year

old sons wrestle with him every day,they have yank his tail a 100 times ,pulled on his ears.

rode him like a horse haha believe it or not,and he still will not snap at them..

Hes a wonderful little companion..

WOW Neil - that Pug is a little Fatty, eh?

Eat, sleep, eat, sleep .... That'll do that to you :lol1:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

WOW Neil - that Pug is a little Fatty, eh?

Eat, sleep, eat, sleep .... That'll do that to you :lol1:

That he is!:eat:

I swear he could eat his own weight in dog food if i let him.

He's a super lazy little guy..

A funny thing happened the other day.

We were washing his little dog bed in the washing machine, so he didn't have

anywhere to sleep.(he doesn't like the cold floor) so he decided to use

my new work boots box as a temporary bed!

He doesn't even fit on the thing!! check out the over hang!

jonah.jpg

It takes a special kind of lazy to be able to sleep like this:o

It takes a special kind of lazy to be able to sleep like this:o

That requires a

:omg:

WOW!!! That's a great picture.

My little Zoey just wants to eat all the time. When I walk him all he does is look for food (oh and something to pee on) - it is the same motion for both - sniff sniff.

One day I left the closet open where his food is. While we were gone to work he jumped up and managed to grab the dog food bag (I don't know how - amazing skill). It popped open and spilled out. When I came home I saw the bag open and food still there. He was laying on the floor by the coach and didn't get up. Usually he is jumping like crazy. His belly was soo full he couldn't move - :lol1:

He didn't eat for 2 days. Do you think he learned his lesson - NOPE! :no:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

I like this thread. Does anyone have any suggestions on stopping dog from digging in your yard! And, barking at people next door. We just got this little dachshund mix and she is a year old. My niece gave her to me as she came from a rescue. She is adorable and house trained. She requires a lot of attention and is a sweetie - but, it is getting a bit much with the barking! She does cute tricks too!

Our yard is gated and she has full run of it! This is our first pet!

Any ideas!

I like this thread. Does anyone have any suggestions on stopping dog from digging in your yard! And, barking at people next door. We just got this little dachshund mix and she is a year old. My niece gave her to me as she came from a rescue. She is adorable and house trained. She requires a lot of attention and is a sweetie - but, it is getting a bit much with the barking! She does cute tricks too!

Our yard is gated and she has full run of it! This is our first pet!

Any ideas!

Alot of people rave abut Cesar Millan's dog training book "cesar's way"

My wife read it and learned alot of good tips in it.

here's a link from Cesar's website that talks all about dog barking and the reason why they do that.

http://www.cesarsway.com/channel/dog-behavior/dog-barking

What makes them "tinkle":mellow: that way is that they are little and leaving a scent for the next dog that comes along. The next boy dog will think this little guy is HUGE and maybe will not try anything violent. If the next one to come along is a girl dog, maybe she will be impressed.

What makes them "tinkle":mellow: that way is that they are little and leaving a scent for the next dog that comes along. The next boy dog will think this little guy is HUGE and maybe will not try anything violent. If the next one to come along is a girl dog, maybe she will be impressed.

Oh wow - never thought about it that way before. Kind of like "short man syndrome"...

The Bee

[Oh wow - never thought about it that way before. Kind of like "short man syndrome"...

More like short dog syndrome! LOL

But seriously that has to be some kind of altered video clip,because pugs never do trick like that

................without a food reward :eat:

I have sad news, friends. We had to put down our other senior dog, Pu-chi. He was having problems and the vet suspected some type of abdominal cancer. I thought we were going to have to put him down last Dec but we found some meds for him to be on and eked a few more months out of him. He would have been 14 in a couple months. One night he bloated, paced, threw up, had diahrrea so I took him to the vet and was diagnosed with intestinal flu. Had several meds for him and prescription food. That was on Tuesday. By Friday he stopped eating, Sat stopped drinking and couldn't get up at all. I kept him hydrated with water in syringe and comfortable with his pain meds cos we couldn't afford an emergency visit and took him in first thing Monday morning and he was not even responding to us by then so I had him put down while I held and patted him.

91752=5124-sprintpics 415.jpg

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!