JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's start a pet thread!

Christina I'm sorry for you..:squeeze::tea::flowers:

if I could and i lived around the corner from You i'd make you a tea and send you some flowers so I send you the smileys instead xox Gabe

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i will have an earl grey. just got home from doing groceries. and my son he is in training now and peed on me so LOL

now I got to dash before I get my princesses ciao.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

That was on the 19th. I miss him an awful lot. The floor in the living room is so empty now with the old dogs beds and them gone. Loved you so much, Molly Rose and Pu-chi :cry:

I'm sorry to hear this too. They become a part of your life and you look forward to their idiosyncrasies when you get home, and when they're not there its like there's this hole that is just present.

The story behind this picture is this: Every day - at the same time - she waits for him... He comes... and they go for a walk

92769=5161-TTdx8.jpg

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

That's really sweet. I had a dog that went to visit the neighbors every day. She got sick and the neighbors sent get well cards to her. I don't have a picture of her, I wish I did. She was a black lab.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

The story behind this picture is this: Every day - at the same time - she waits for him... He comes... and they go for a walk

92769=5161-TTdx8.jpg

OOHH! They are soooo! cute...

Here's three baby eaglets--the 2012 models. I watched this site last year too. They are high up in a tree in Iowa (I think) just next to a fish hatchery--very handy for eagles.

There is an ad that plays before you can settle in to watch them--I think you can get rid of the ad after 5 seconds.

You could call them pets if you never touch them and Mom and Dad don't find you lurking around.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

I got my adblock installed and the commercial is just looping

Here's three baby eaglets--the 2012 models. I watched this site last year too. They are high up in a tree in Iowa (I think) just next to a fish hatchery--very handy for eagles.

There is an ad that plays before you can settle in to watch them--I think you can get rid of the ad after 5 seconds.

You could call them pets if you never touch them and Mom and Dad don't find you lurking around.

http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

• 1 month later...

I'd like to introduce to our new "daughter" lol I rescued her from animal control. Here in Columbus GA they have an issue putting animals down and not giving time for them to be adopted. I really didn't "need" a cat and I really shouldn't have been looking at the rescue page lol once I seen her I couldn't resist. So far she is amazing. Very affectionate. Adores my hubby (who is not a cat person but I think she is growing on him). As for a name... I haven't decided yet. On the list are Lucy, Willow, Myah... would love input on her name. Many of my friends suggested Callie since she is a Calico which is cute but probably not very original. I am leaning towards Willow.

149728_4088692459038_1334513624_33861598_450688754_n.jpg

Here she is laying with hubby guarding the remote.

560157_4102514564582_1334513624_33867612_1249462997_n.jpg

This pillow doesn't look comfy to me.....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/551591_4102517444654_1334513624_33867613_741842758_n.jpg

You mean like my niece, Gloria Elizabeth Mona or my daughter, Elizabeth Lee Fletcher. Not six names each, but we clearly didn't know when to stop. (Those names don't include the last name, so I guess we're up to four names each.)

I vote for Autumn Leaf for the cat! But then everyone will think it was born in the fall. One sister here has a daughter named April Dawn who was born in June in the afternoon. I guess all that really matters is that YOU like the name.

You mean like my niece, Gloria Elizabeth Mona or my daughter, Elizabeth Lee Fletcher. Not six names each, but we clearly didn't know when to stop. (Those names don't include the last name, so I guess we're up to four names each.)

I vote for Autumn Leaf for the cat! But then everyone will think it was born in the fall. One sister here has a daughter named April Dawn who was born in June in the afternoon. I guess all that really matters is that YOU like the name.

I have a grandson named Jalen Xavier Ameire Teague. :) His brother is Ashley Brian Teague Jr. so, with the jr. it's kind of like four names. I have a great-neice named Autumn Raine :)

I have such a hard time naming animals. Our puppy was pretty easy. People posted names and I would ask my soon to be three year old if he liked it. One friend suggest Smokey after her dear dog that passed several years ago. I asked Aiden "how about Smokey?" she said "yea! Mokie" So Mokie stuck.

I have four furbabies. A sister said to me the other day, "we know who rules your house, Boots and Sarah" It's true. Boots is my mean cat. Sarah is a loveing cat that won't let us pick her up. Then we have Goldie. And my dog Chloe. The three cats were rescued. The latest being Goldie. We think she's a little off. So she fits right in with us. lol

I try to find a suitable picture of the four of them to post

• 8 months later...

Just came on to say that my little Lovebird Timmy died early this morning. He was nearly 15 and so tame and friendly he will be missed by many in the congregation as well as us. Up to last week we had folks back from the Ministry for a coffee and warm up from the wintery weather and little Timmy was bouncing around his cage wagging his tail to greet them all as they came through the door.

He was only very sick for the last 24 hours and despite vet's advice, antibiotics and rehydration fluids by syringe the virus/sickness infection was too much for his little old bod to get over. He never ailed a thing all the years we had him till this time. We have had budgies and a cockatiel, but Timmy was the most robust, tame and friendly of them all.

We have often said that we won't get any more pets now, too near the end of this System of Things, but when we go to house clearances, bereavements or where other people can't cope with pets they have, we can't resist - we have to save their precious little lives - that's how we have ended up with all our pets! Skip the Sheltie and Timmy were the best. I thank Jehovah for the time we had with them and their friendly little personalities. Bye Bye.:heart::heart::depressed:

Oh my goodness Helen. My heart goes out to you. I am so sorry Timmy is gone. What a wonderful time you had with him. I have no words to express my feelings. I can only imagine what you must be experiencing. I know how I felt after my 2 dogs (who I had for nearly 15 years) died within a month of each other. I'm glad you have good support from your family. Christian love and big hugs to you. :encourage::kisscheek::grouphug::givehug:

The Bee

Chuck where on earth did you find Sherman.

I bet it is cheap to keep.

I heard you save a bundle on vet bills and food

What I find strange is his kennel It is obviously cut out of the wall but there is a door at the back so Shermans backside would be right in the doorway

I get the feeling he would be terribly slow to move out the way

Chuck I bet Sherman is something you got from cyberspace am I right????

We have always been a "Cat Family." We love cats. There was a time when each of our households included a cat. In due time they lived out their years, and we shed many tears when they were gone. Right now, the focus of our attention is our "grand-cat," Miss Tia. She is 17 yrs old now, and contending with the usual problems of an aged cat, & lives with my daughter. When we still had our house she would come and spend several months with us. We live in senior housing now, no pets alowed. Her time was divided between our place, and my daughters.She has had her from infancy. She is a beautiful white brown and black calico. She looks forward to my visits, knows my voice on the phone. She knows that I am the one who would give her the white albacore tuna, little bits of ice cream, and anything else she wanted. Now she is a diabetic, and on a special diet, so no more treats. She also takes medication for a thyroid condition. Still her same old active self though, very vocal, & has the amazing ability to rout you out of bed at her bidding, in the wee hrs. of the morning.

All of our cats were great. Very funny, and smart. Looking forward to a menagerie of them in the New World.