JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Let's start a pet thread!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mother's dog Prince Charles. (Toy Poodle) It tears them both up that they cannot be together full time. I never realized that dogs can suffer from depression or have nervous breakdowns when they are away from their owner.

65683=3631-Prince Charles.png

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

My dog Handsome was my bestest friend. When my husband would take me to the ER and I would have to be hospitalized (Brain tumor) I would be gone for 2-3 weeks at a time--frequently...Rick said when he would pull up in the driveway Handsome would still be sitting at the door shaking...He would come in and Handsome would still stay by the door staring outside waiting for me. Rick would say "Come on buddy, she isn't coming home tonight." Rick said Handsome would turn around and trudge off too his create--go inside and turn around then stick his paw out the door and grab the door with his toenails then pull the door closed behind him. He would then proceed to kick his pillow up in front of the door and baricade himself in there where no one could see him. He died from a ruptured spleen tumor in 2008---caused from the same toxic chemical exposure that our family was exposed too. I know Jesus did not die for the animals but I keep thinking of the scripture that says Jehovah is opening his hand and satisfying the desire and that is my desire--to see my Handsome again.. Maybe he will instill his personality in another cocker spaniel.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Clarabelle, Vader, Hunter, Prince Charles, Princess Sophia - ALL beautiful and wonderful! I appreciate all of you posting your pictures.

Leslie - what an intense story! Oh my goodness - that was so sad. Both about you and your dear Handsome. As you said, Jehovah will satisfy your desire - one way or another...

I too, long for my 2 doggies, Punkin and Rocky, who died exactly 4 weeks apart from each other 6 years ago, after living nearly 15 years. I got Punkin on a Fri. night and Rocky the next afternoon. They were immediately best friends and joined at the hip. Rocky came from a litter of 6 boys and Punkin from 5 girls. Rocky's reason for living was taking care of Punkin. So devoted was he that when I put their food bowls down, Punkin would sit quietly while Rocky would come forward and stir both dishes with his nose (it was dry kibble) and then go back and sit by Punkin. Next, Punkin would come forward and eat her food first - always leaving 2-3 pieces of her food in her dish. Then she would walk away and next Rocky would come forward and first eat the few pieces she left for him and then eat his bowl. This went on - ritualistically, for nearly 15 years. It was fascinating to watch the goings on. Just can't get over it in this system so far, but I know Jehovah will remedy the pain in the new system.

The Bee

It is amazing the way the animals interact and truly love one another. Did you see the new last week about the dog who was obessed with the movie Babe? It's on you tube and worth the search. This dog is about 12 years old and has been watching Babe for 11 years on tapes and DBD's. When ever a customer comes into his masters office at work the dog runs excitedly to the door and begins to nudge their hand and drags them back to the lounge and wants them to watch the movie Babe with him! He barks at the TV and licks the screen when certain characters appear. Then when the movie is over he paws the TV and barks until they restart the movie---he has been doing this for ove 11 years--EVERY DAY! Also look on you tube for the dog Roscoe and the orangatang (monkey) on a sanctuary in Tenn. It will make you laugh out loud.

There was a statue at a shop in LA that was a monkey and he was posed as the popular The Thinker" with his head resting in his hand deep in thought. Anyway he is pondering over the idea of evolution and says he does not know why man thinks they evolved from monkeys because it was an insult to monkeys everywhere. For monkeys do not murder and go to war and they share there food. Monkeys are clearly a higher life form than man and we could not possibly have evolved from them. Truly an insult. Loved that thought.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

Well, I am down to four dogs had to have my Molly Rose put down she was 14 she was having breathing problems and x-rays showed white spots on her lungs. We were given meds for her but it never got any better and she began losing weight, not eating her dry food so I got her the burger type food, became incontinent and turned my house into a sea of pee because she was drinking so much water and having trouble getting up. I took her to the vet and found she was going into heart failure. The vet said we could give her more meds to keep her going awhile longer but I thought "who is that going to benefit? her or me?" She was having so much trouble breathing. So I had her put down and she died in my arms. That was a couple weeks ago. Now the next oldest dog, Pu-chi is doing poorly. He is 13. He had bloodwork done a couple months ago showing his liver, pancreas and thyroid were all failing. Also his liver was enlarged. He also was sent home with meds and he has been perking along ok but this week he has been losing weight, is whining and wanting to be petted all the time, also has to eat the burger type food as he cant eat hard food anymore. His back legs are getting weaker. He snaps at us and sleeps a lot. I have the feeling he is not long for this world, I am going to have to make the appointment at the vet for him, too. :cry:

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

Dearest Christina,

I'm so sorry to hear of your doggie problems. How hard for you to go through 2 such traumatic events so close together. When I lost both of my 14 and 1/2 year olds within 4 weeks of each other, people told me to think about the wonderful long life they got to have and how much I was privileged to enjoy them for so long. I hope you can find some comfort in this as well. It also helped to spend time pouring my heart out to our loving heavenly father.

Warm hugs and Christian love to you.

The Bee

I too, am sorry to read of your loss. We just had a beautiful article in the Dec Awake! it tells how Jehovah feels about the animals. I liked the Jonah reference and how Jesus said not one sparrow falls to the ground without his Father knowing it.

It is a very comforting article. May the peace of God that excels ALL thought give you comfort :peace:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Thanks everyone. I did take Pu-chi to the vet and she checked his liver, still enlarged, but not having any of the usual symptoms for end stage with that. She thinks his pain in his hips and shoulders is the main problem and he will eat if he has pain meds so that is what we did. And only 2 days later he is moving easier, whining less, eating better. So I get to spend a little longer with him and I am so happy about that!

I am loving all the pics and stories of the pets. I gotta figure out how to put up pics. I don't have anything like photobucket, isn't there some way to click "browse" and get it off my computer?

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

Yes when you are responding - look for "attach a file" click it and it will let you browse for a file. We would love to see the babies ;)

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to share a couple pictures of our new kitten. She's 8 weeks old and her name is Ruby. We found her on Craigslist in a town about an hour away. My husband was giving the talk out that way so we made plans to pick her up afterwards. It turns out that the family we got her from are also Witnesses!! Nice surprise :)

6538318141_df9a09433c_z.jpg

Untitled by KatherineNaomi, on Flickr

6538318091_c01d624b4f_z.jpg

Untitled by KatherineNaomi, on Flickr

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.