JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Time IS Money...Literally

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/27/paul-newmans-rolex-with-a-telling-message-from-his-wife-fetches-record-17-8-million/?

Paul Newman’s Rolex — with a telling message from his wife — fetches record $17.8 million

After spending years out of the spotlight, the watch landed at Phillips, the auction house, earlier this year.

Anticipation grew, as experts speculated it would sell for around $1 million, a high asking price for any watch,

even one associated with “Cool Hand Luke.”

On Thursday, it sold for$17,752,500 after a 12-minute bidding war.

That’s the world record for the most expensive watch ever sold at an auction, according to Phillips.

A portion of the proceeds went to the Nell Newman Foundation.

:o

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

4 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My work watch broke about 5 years ago and I haven't worn a watch since...

With so many digital devices theses days (mobile, cell phone) showing accurate time

The question is do we really need a "proper watch?" or is it just accessory item when we dress up...

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I can only wear wind up watches due to me flattening the battery in just a few short days. I haven't reguarly worn a watch for years although I do occasionally wear the one my mother gave me as a present for a pagan festival in December over 50 years ago. :uhhuh:

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

Rolex...good name for a pet.

If I ever get a "talking" parrot I would teach her to answer question

What time is it ..Rolex?  LOL :lol1:

Edited by Gregexplore

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)